PDA

View Full Version : Gun choices

Carnage
09-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Theres probably already a thread but I want my own thread =)

Im looking into
Vikings
Cyborgs
Dye Matrixes (not dm4)
Timmies (Alias and such)
or
Angel 4's

Dont suggest a mag because I already have one. Ive been intrested in a viking and a trix lately.

So which one.

FSU_Paintball
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Whichever you prefer

Automaggot68
09-10-2004, 05:56 PM
FSU is right. Whichever you want.
Ask to borrow some guns, or shoot them at your local shop.

DiSoRdeR
09-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Whichever you prefer

Exactly what I would of said. Get what you want, not what other people want/or say.

FSU_Paintball
09-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Look at me, I feel smart!

Or maybe that's just my stupid talking

BlackWeenie
09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
i would have to agree. from a technical standpoint it doesnt really make a difference since they are all fantastic markers. the only thing to consider is what one feels right in your hands.

Blazestorm
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Cyyyyborg......... Cyyyyybbbboooorg.....

www.blazestorm.net/borgy.wmv

Mmmm :D

camilion705
09-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Is an alias in your price range? The other options you listed are less expensive...
In my opinion everything you lised is great. It all depends on what size gun feels right (Trix is big and long, Timmy is long and kinda big, etc) and how you want to upgrade it in the future.

Are you going to buy used? If not then wait 'till after Cup.... (If you can bare to wait that long.)

dinger
09-10-2004, 09:27 PM
dye matrix

buy an 04 LCD one, and then throw in an Evolve Kit. boom, instant 2100 shots off of a 68/45. it's more quiet, efficient, and looks just as good as any of those other guns.

if you complain that they're big and heavy, you're a complete pusstard sally. you should be hitting the gym every sunday instead of paintball.

if you do on PBN, there's a guy from Utah named Zdsan, and he's just about the only person that i know of who can sell evolve kits (unless you're a canadian).

so matrix, evolve kit, and a clamp no rise. that's better than anything you listed.
not to mention that the 04 lpr is a self compensating regulator. it's basically the DYE version of the SCM.

toymyster
09-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Whichever you prefer

I have to agree with FSU!!! Shoot all of them, and chose the one that fits you best!!! every gun on your list is just as good as the other!!!

BrockSampson
09-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Gotta go with the 'trix on this one, but then again, I'm a big fan of spool valves. Never actually had one, but I have shot them and I loved my old Shocker. I even like the Assault 80, no matter how :tard: looking it is! ;)
I don't have any experience with the Cyborg or the new Angels, so I can't really comment on those, but I've heard/read that the Fly is nice.
Vikings are fast as all hell (don't know about reliability though), and my buddy's got 2 Timmys (Empire and Species LCD) which are pretty sweet as well.
Other than that, I have to agree with the others here. If at all possible, try them all and get the one that feels best to you (or that you can get the best deal on). They're all very capable markers, I just happen to be partial to spools and, of course, Mags! :cheers:

_tMAN
09-11-2004, 03:26 AM
I'm going with Viking On this one

mrkbik
09-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Cyyyyborg......... Cyyyyybbbboooorg.....

www.blazestorm.net/borgy.wmv

Mmmm :D

BAH!!

Viiiiking............. Viiiiiiikkkiiiiiiing

http://www.paintballarizona.com/pictures/misc/GreenViking/VikingHopperBall.mpg