PDA

View Full Version : b2k4 or impulse?

sponsor.me
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
I am either gonna save up for a ICD B2K4 or an impulse. these guns are very similar in price. when u give me an answer compare the 2 both stock.. either both with vision, or both with out vision to make it fair. so basically, which one would u get if u had the choice between the 2.. and please explain why.. thanks in advance :shooting: :tard:

FSU_Paintball
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
B2k4

Seriously, it's like an impulse with all the problems fixed. Impulses have several basic design flaws that can lead to first shot dropoff, bolt stick, and some other nasties. Bushmasters don't have those problems.

Also, step up and buy PDS. It's worth it.

LeatherPants
09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140709

Here just buy this Impulse.

1ofkind
09-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Unnless you find a special type of impulse, get a bushy.

wimag
09-10-2004, 07:05 PM
bushies rock !!

camilion705
09-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Go with ICD, and the B2K4. Make sure to get PDS or at least a blind bolt.

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Unless you are getting a really nice impy like a Strange, or leatherpants adrenaline impy id say go with a bushy. PDS or some type of eyes are a must either way.

nirvana1234
09-10-2004, 08:44 PM
B2k4

Seriously, it's like an impulse with all the problems fixed. Impulses have several basic design flaws that can lead to first shot dropoff, bolt stick, and some other nasties. Bushmasters don't have those problems.

Also, step up and buy PDS. It's worth it.

if you think about it didnt the bushy come out first. that means the impy is a messed up verson of the bushy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dinger
09-10-2004, 09:14 PM
the PDS on a bushy is much better than a stupid reflective eye system, like the one the impulse uses.

impulses are made by smart parts, and that's not a good thing.

a stock bushy w/pds vs. sotck vision impulse is, in a way, close. yet, which one's faster? oh that's right, the bushy. an impulse shoots 13 balls a second with the eye off. that's gay. it shoots 20 with the eye on. that's even MORE gay. i can shoot my damn matrix 22 with the eye off :p.

ill admit, the maxflo is a better reg than the bushy stock one. still, i think maxflo's are pieces of total ****. if it strips out, SP wont do poop about it. it broke on it's own and they wont fix it.

i could go on and on about how a bushmaster is better than an impulse, but i've done it too many times before. just whatever you do, dont buy an omen.

lather
09-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Ive had both, the impulse and ICD are comparable in performance.

Both are very capable stock and shoot really nice with some upgrades. The impulse has a better reg and stock barrel (the boss progressive is a great "sleeper" barrel imo). But like some posters above me said already, the PDS is much better than the Vision. The only time I ever chopped with the Bushy was when my detents broke. The Imp didnt chop much at all either but it did chop more than my Bushy. Overall the build quality is better on the B2k4 too.

They are pretty close in performance but I prefer the Bushy. If possible shoot them both and go with the one that you feel the most comfortable/confident with.

I never had a problem with my Maxflo reg, it is very high flow and consistant. One thing --- the internals needed to be cleaned and lubed regularly on the Maxflo or there would be leaks/creeping. It is very easy to clean/lube and rebuild though.

trevorjk
09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
only thing that sucks is that the brand new bushmasters with pds are on back order... mine has been on back order for about 5 weeks now and they said it will be another 2-3 weeks.

so if you get a bushmaster with pds brand new from icd its going to be a little wait

dwab3000
09-11-2004, 11:39 AM
icd is on a little bit of a backorder..but it will come...icd is one of the best companys to buy from

their products last so long....i mean a new version of a product of theirs doesnt come out every single month....

smart parts is one of the worst with their customers...they see you as a number, not a person

i strongly recommend a bushmaster...it will outperform an imp (if both markers were in the hands of equal players)..and all them hoses and stuff up front yucky....

as for FSDO with a bushy or an imp./.with an imp youll get it if you dont get a tapeworm....with a bushy you shouldnt get it at ALL

XbeasleyX
09-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I have a 2k4 Bushy(no PDS) and my friend has a Nasty Imp(no vision). Pretty mush the only difference is that the Bushy is LP out of the box and the Bushy and Imp have totally different feeling triggers and the Bushy is lighter. *and I paid $300 Less*