PDA

View Full Version : leaking dynaflow

White_Noise
09-11-2004, 08:12 PM
ok...i recieved my dynaflow from madmolly last week, and the first time i got to try it was yesterday.

when i first hooked it up to my rt/ule, it was set at 500psi output and i brought it up to around 700. after playing with it for 2 games, i walked off the field and air suddenly started leaking out of the front of the regulator. i can get it to stop by bringing the output down to about 500, but this is not enough to cyclemy rt effectively. any ideas on how to fix the reg, or even about what exactly is wrong would be greatly appreciated.

abaez
09-11-2004, 08:36 PM
This happened to me too. I screwed the front cap wayyy too tight. I unscrewed it and it stopped leaking from the front. The instructions say if you screw it in too much when the tank is off you might break the low pressure gauge.. so you might want to see if your gaug is busted or not.

White_Noise
09-11-2004, 10:27 PM
i read the instructions before using it, and adjusted it with the reg on, and like i said, it worked fine for 2 games before it started leaking, and now wont go about 500psi output without leaking.

could this just be a blown o-ring or something to that affect?

White_Noise
09-14-2004, 12:35 AM
^up

RTDynaflow
09-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Mine did the exact same thing. First time I aired it up, it was leaking. Does your leak get progressively worse? This is what I did..

Degas tank
Unscrew the front of the regulator w/ an allan wrench
Unscrew the next section (fairly big wrench)
In there is a little plastic cone shaped thingy with a spring on it
Mine was dry so I oiled it

Threw it all back together and it has worked since. I believe the issue was the front section of the reg was just dry. oil it all and see if this helps. Would also reccomend buying an extra quick disconnect and a dye gauge. Mount the gauge on the QD. Makes it ez to see what you have in your tank. Of course if you are using macro this wont work :p .

Hope this helps. I love my tank, never had a problem since.

Titansu
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Would also reccomend buying an extra quick disconnect and a dye gauge. Mount the gauge on the QD. Makes it ez to see what you have in your tank.

If its a Dynaflow, you should have (4) ports: Input Nipple, Tank Pressure, Output Pressure, Output Nipple.

Give Dennis a call at 630.553.2611. He's in Yorkville, IL so if you need a rebuild kit or to send it in, should take less than 5 days.

tasker89
09-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Mag/Cocker Lover - This problem can be caused by a few things. Dry internal seals is one. A slightly canted piston is another. It can also be caused by a failed reg seat/pin...this is usually the case and since our pin/seat is a one-piece polymer component, once it is damaged it must be replaced. Give our techs a call and they should eb able to walk you through a fix. We can drop a pin in the mail for you if need be.

Adam