PDA

View Full Version : want a qloader

dirty_canadian4894
09-11-2004, 08:15 PM
i want a qloader to replace my 12v revvy, i want to mount it directly to my ccm clamping feedneck. but im worried about breaking something how well will this work? where is the best place to get one. and does anyone have any good descriptive pics of one and all the parts. im only gonna be shooting max of like 15pbs on my mech cocker and i would like to use as few winds as i can what would be a good reliable amount of winds for this setup.

lastly how exactly do they work does anyone have any diagrams, ive read the entire qloader thread at pbn so i know alot about them but these are my Q's.

FragTek
09-11-2004, 08:24 PM
The best person to talk about the Q Loader is Empyreal Rogue. He's "AO's Official Q Loader Guru". He'll be able to answer all of your questions for ya more accurately than I can.

I wouldnt chance buying one used first off, most people abuse em and then sell em. Pick one up AIC direct is my best suggestion. You could run off of about 12-13 winds more than likely.

I don't have any diagrams, but the theory is that the screw in the middle of the inner tube feeds the balls upward as the spring inside twists the internal tube around the center screw.

Like I said, for better answers get ahold of Empyreal :D

dirty_canadian4894
09-11-2004, 08:43 PM
thanks frag. i bet empyreal will notice this eventually.

heres another Q i saw a pic with a qloader mounted directly on the feedtube and i was wondering if i needed a special adapter for this or if it will just mount like that.

dirty_canadian4894
09-11-2004, 08:49 PM
here are some pics of it setup the way i want it

http://qloader.com/images/aic_pic_players_14.jpg

http://qloader.com/images/aic_pic_players_01.jpg

Z-man
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
The best person to talk about the Q Loader is Empyreal Rogue. He's "AO's Official Q Loader Guru". He'll be able to answer all of your questions for ya more accurately than I can.

See Empyreal, they love you, it's not always me ;)

FragTek
09-11-2004, 09:23 PM
See Empyreal, they love you, it's not always me ;)

We still love you Z-Man! :clap:

However, we haven't seen you pump out any crazy new videos lately :cry: Get on it, chop chop!!! :headbang:

Empyreal Rogue
09-11-2004, 11:10 PM
w00t I'm getting recognition for my awesomeness and knowledge.

Pre-Winds: When I first bought my Q-Loader I ran several tests testing Pre-Wind speed while shooting. Now grant-it I use using my Mechanical Mag so these aren't exactly accurate tests, but they give a general idea. When you buy a new Q-Loader there's an orange flyer (Well, there was in mine) that explains the Pre-Winds so I went from there, here were the results:
8-10 : Slow Feed, No breaks.
11-12 : Slow-Medium Feed, No breaks.
13-14 : Medium Feed, No Breaks.
15-16 : Fastest Feed, No Breaks.

Ancient Innovations said that the less pre-winds the less a break chance is but the slower it will feed. If you test out all the ranges you'll find the ideal pre-wind, if you follow. For a Mechanical Autococker topping out at around 15 BPS I'd suggest 13-14. On my 'Mag i can top out at 15 BPS and 14 Pre-Winds has never failed me.

The best place to buy one is hands down, straight from AIC. Out of all the top Customer Service companies I have dealt with (NXe, AGD, M.A.X., Rogue, etc.) they were the friendliest. Not saying the others aren't but AIC just beat you guys. :P Not to mention, if you buy from AIC directly you'll get Lifetime Warranty on everything you buy from them. Now how many companies are willing to do that?

The way you want it mounted will work fine. You won't need an adapter, you'll make your own from the things provided to you from AIC. If you look closely at that picture you can see a feed tube with 3, maybe 4, O-Rings on. The hose will go inside the Q-Loader's feed tube, then you mount the Q-Loader onto the feedneck. The feedneck will go between the hose and the inner most area of the Q-Loader and there will be enough pressure from the O-Rings to keep it pretty snug.

I'm not the Q-Loader guru for nothin'. :P

FragTek
09-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh yeah the factory warranty ROCKS! I bought mine used and they replaced all of the broken parts plus gave me some extra spares completely free and shipped them all out ASAP via USPS Priority and showd up 2 days later!

vonort
09-12-2004, 11:35 AM
I have a very slightly used one. Thing is in perfect condition. I bought it new and it has never seen a game. After mounting it on my cocker and trying it out. I decided its just not for me. I"m willing to let it go for $95 shipped. Its the pro version. Or whatever they call it.. Comes with 5 loaders and all the other goodies. PM me if you intrested. I can take Pay Pal or MO.

dirty_canadian4894
09-12-2004, 12:40 PM
i might be able to do that vonort. let me think about it.

im gonna keep my revvy for my gf to use i talked her into playing yesterday and i think she liked it. now im gonna need lvl x for my mag that she uses its got some chopping issues.