09-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Freedom will be defended

NEVERFORGET

America Attacked 9/11

i was in my 6th grade home room 300 some miles a way from ground zero

were where you?

Ken
09-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Walking down the hallway when people ran out screaming of the study hall (watching it on tv)

gamarada717
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
6th grade in social studies, my teacher told me and nobody else.

dwab3000
09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
i was in the hostpital...i had someproblems with my kindey

viper_ssc
09-11-2004, 10:47 PM
6th grade in band 6th hour our teacher told us and we just sat there for the rest of the hour and just talked about it the next hour. After i heard the news I never said a single word until I got home.

i_baked_cookies
09-11-2004, 11:04 PM
8th grade, math class, turned on tv when second plane hit. that is burned into my conscience forever...

RenagadeOfFunk
09-11-2004, 11:05 PM
...i was NOT IN 6th grade...i was in 8th...and i was asking for lunch money from my parents and it so happened that the TV was on in the room...

BrockSampson
09-11-2004, 11:08 PM
I was in a parking lot at Bolling AFB, right across the river from the Pentagon. We'd been listening to the radio that morning about the WTC in New York, so it was very eerie to say the least when we heard the plane coming (they were all supposed to be grounded). We looked over just in time to hear the plane hit the building, and saw a huge plume of smoke rising from the Pentagon. We would have been in the building the next day instead of at Bolling, so... yikes!
Still gives me chills to think about it... :(

ZSigErik
09-11-2004, 11:11 PM
I was in my sophomore year, in Team Sports and Fitnesse class, when we all had to get dressed right in the middle of a game of arena football. We went back to the teacher's room(who also taught U.S. Gov't) and started watching after the first flight.

I was somewhat known in High School for being very political and having a strong mind on these sorts of things, so I had a class of kids, freshman to senior, asking me what was happening and what will happen afterwards.

Needless to say, I wasnt too full of answers that day.

personman
09-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I was sleeping..
My mom came in my room and said a plane hit the world trade center and I was like mmph, an accident, and I fell asleep, then she said a second one hit and I was like mmph.. maybe I should get up and see what's happening?
When I realised what had happened I was pretty sad..

vf-xx
09-11-2004, 11:17 PM
I was at my co-op going out on my rounds. I heard about the first plane hit on the radio, and watched the 2nd one live on TV from a Unit Shack.

TDonovan
09-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Lifting weights in Freshman gym class. It completely solidified my resolve to join the Army. I had wanted to for a long time prior to 9/11, but am now positive that I'm going to. Can't wait to get outta HS and into ROTC/West Point.

Never forget September 11. And God bless everyone that died, risked their lives, and fought for this great nation, as well as those that continue to do so. Loud and proud America!

WenULiVeUdiE
09-11-2004, 11:34 PM
6th grade on the bus, when it first crashed, waiting to get in when the 2nd hit. We had to wait approximately 10 minutes longer, and everyone was thinking what the hell is going on. That whole day, about 3/4 of the school left early. Every 3 minutes another announcement would come on calling people to leave. I was about 30 miles from Manhatten that day. That is a day I can never forget. I remeber every single part of that day, from when we found out we were attacked, to the sound of fighter jets flying over my house.
My brother was in the car listening to the radio on the way to school( dentisit appointment) and that is how most of my school eventually found out. Not only did that day live forever, so did the rest of the year. We had 3 fires, and the school was broken into and completely vandalized. Scarey couple of months that was.

Andrew

P.S. This is weird and true- On Sept. 10, monday, I heard of threats of biological terrorism/war were to be wagged against Jersey City/Manhatten. When I head there was an act of terrorism on the 11th, I thought, " Oh my god, biological warfare is upon us"

Edit- Just today I recieved a brochure to join the Army.

1ofkind
09-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I was about 5.5 miles away and could see the smoke while both tower were still standing from the news channels :(

I was actually on top of those towers and have viedo recorded footage from the top floor, everything was ants from up there.

wad04
09-12-2004, 01:02 AM
i was sick that day, woke up and turned on the tv and it was on fox news, saw the second one hit live... at first i thought it was a movie or something it was so sad

BeaverEater
09-12-2004, 01:22 AM
I was in history class and saw the second plane hit. For the rest of the day we watched footage in every class.

pbzmag
09-12-2004, 01:37 AM
My mom woke me up to tell me that the towers were on fire. I turned on the tv and it showed the Pentagon on fire. I immediately knew that that we were attacked.

Here's a pic that I found on explorerforum.com:

Eagle
09-12-2004, 11:58 AM
MBT 4A, USS Montpelier.

Mango
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Nice thread. Seriously.

I was in History of American Literature class at my college. I recall seeing people huddeled around a TV in another room as I went to class. The professor had no idea until a student said something, then he immediatly dismissed us. My school in south jersey has a high number of north jersey/NY people so the school basically shut down. I watched the towers fall from a TV in our Recreation Center. I remember it vividly. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/tear.gif http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/tear.gif

FragTek
09-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I was asleep at home when my friend called me and told me to switch on the TV. Only 3 or so minutes after turning on the TV to watch the second plane flew into the other tower.

RiddalinJunkie08
09-12-2004, 08:29 PM
English class in 8th grade. She was getting ready to give us a test and asked a kid to go to the copy room to get some extra copies. He came back and told Mrs. Hutter to turn on the tv. Ill never forget the images of the planes hitting the towers.
-Mark

Wolfen
09-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I was just waking up. I called my mom for something and she said a plane flew into the WTC. I figured it was a single engine or something small, but when I turned on the television I saw the second hit, then replays of the first.

I had an interview with Home Depot that I had to go to. I don't think I was hired because my eyes were red and probably still full of tears, so the guy probably thought I was on something, they hadn't heard at the time. Oh well.

God Bless America

Caffiend
09-12-2004, 10:20 PM
I was on the flightline replacing a landing light. About 2-3 hours before it happened, myself and two other crew chiefs were talking about war/terrorism. Mostly about Japan and Pearl Harbor and how anyone would have to insane/extremely stupid to try something like that. VERY scary stuff when the planes hit, I just kinda looked at my boss when he told me the news, I thought he was joking with me. We were the last three people off of base before they closed the gates, went home and watched CNN till 2-3pm then went to bed so I could be at work at 11:30pm.

robdamanii
09-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Walking into my health policies and communications class, I heard people running out going "they just fell over" and "they're gone" and "I can't reach my parent(s)". I had just come out of a 2 hour biomechanics lab, and had no ****ing clue what was going on.

The prof started class and says "well, since we've got this tragedy going on, I really think it's inappropriate to have class, so go back to your rooms and watch tv about it".

I had to ASK what was going on. Then I went to watch the news....and try to call my Dad, whom I knew was supposed to be going for a meeting there that day.

Thank god (or someone) that he missed his train that morning...

Jonneh
09-13-2004, 09:09 AM
I had just got in from college when I saw it on TV, I instantly went onto the internet and made jokes about it!.

AllAmericanMag
09-13-2004, 09:21 AM
I was a freshman in high school and I was walking to a motivational type assembly when two of my friends told me that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. They had heard this from Mancow's radio show, so I sort of brushed it off as no big deal. I figured it was probably just a Cessna or something, or maybe just a prank. So all of us freshmen sat in this assembly for a few hours, not being told a thing, and then as we were leaving they told us that the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, AND the White House had all been hit by planes. Then I went to lunch and discovered what had really happened, and to what magnitude. I had no idea that the WTC had been completely destroyed. The rest of the day was spent talking about the events in class and then I went home and watched the news all night. Powerful stuff.

Creative Mayhem
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I was on my way home from work going to the barber shop for a hair cut. I couldnt undestand why all the radio station had was reports but due to the short drive from work to the barber i never actually heard that the Trade Center was attacked, just that the buildings were on fire. It wasn't until i got to the barber and I saw it on TV. All I could do was sit there with an enormous sinking feeling in my stomach. Even though I'm not american, I still feel a great sense of loss, and anger for what happened.

We as a world community, will never forget.

Big'n slo
09-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I was at work but after the second plane struck the towers I was called to standby along with most other Fire stations at the local mall. A couple of our officers and squad members were called up to NYC, unfortunately the engine I was on was not called.
I've never felt so helpless and angry.

I'll never forget

http://911digitalarchive.org/images/files/2406.500px.pjpeg

WingMan13
09-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I had just got in from college when I saw it on TV, I instantly went onto the internet and made jokes about it!.

What :confused:

tribalman
09-13-2004, 12:33 PM
ok, not to sound like a prick. but i was in 10th grade in math class. and my pricipal came on and said a plane hit a building in new york. i laughed, it was funny the way she said it. u know those old film strips of when jfk was shot? people had a tremor in their voice. she had that. i just found it funny. but no disrespect to those who lost family. it unfortanutely lead to a stupid war that is getting our people killed. support our troops and get them home.

also, i got to thinking. why are there no olklahoma city bombing memorials or remberances? because it was one of us americans who did it. i'm supprised we went to war over it. usually it takes the destrucion of a ship of ours. look at history. so. does anybody wanna help me get the oaklahoma city bombing memorial going? i mean if we have one for the 2 towers, why not for this? a bunch of people and little children died in it also. can't we remember every1 who has died? in honor of them and their families?

AllAmericanMag
09-13-2004, 01:01 PM
also, i got to thinking. why are there no olklahoma city bombing memorials or remberances? because it was one of us americans who did it. i'm supprised we went to war over it. usually it takes the destrucion of a ship of ours. look at history. so. does anybody wanna help me get the oaklahoma city bombing memorial going? i mean if we have one for the 2 towers, why not for this? a bunch of people and little children died in it also. can't we remember every1 who has died? in honor of them and their families?

Behold, the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial.

http://www.feableweiner.com/jeff/okc_mem.jpg

Wolfen
09-14-2004, 11:52 PM
I never did take this out of my favorites:

Never Forget (http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm)