PDA

View Full Version : Slight leak down the barel

Backyard Bandit
09-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Sometimes my automag will leak down the barel for no reason at all. It only does it sometimes, it's not like a continueous thing, sometimes it will and someitmes it wont. I'm totally used to working on my automag (I get how it works, but I don't know the part names very well), so tell me what the part looks like and talk slowly :tard: . I also put some oil in the 3 way (little brass thing in the bottom of the valve with the steel pin in it) and lubed all of those o'rings, and that seems to help for a while. Would using soem dow 33 fix the problem more effectively?

Backyard Bandit
09-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Ok, in the second to last line, it's supposed to be on/off assembley, not 3-way (I couldn't remember :tard: ). I couldn't remember what it was called. There's no edit button, so I just posted again... sry...

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-12-2004, 02:18 PM
If you have a level 10 take out a shim from the powertube or as many as it takes, or go to a smaller carrier if it helps

Backyard Bandit
09-12-2004, 02:50 PM
But it only leaks some times. Could that still be the cause (because if it were that it seems like it would be a constant thing)? It seems to me that it would be something like an o'ring in the on/off assembeley or something...

BrockSampson
09-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Sounds like it's just getting broken-in to me. Like smurf said, if you've got a level 10, go down one carrier size but USE THE SAME O-RING! It would help if you can tell us what bolt and on/off you are using. I wouldn't use the shocker lube. It may mask the problem for a while, but as soon as it wears off, you'd be back in the same boat.