PDA

View Full Version : FX-10 vs Proteus

Asertation
09-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, i shot my mask to **** this weekend because it was annoying me, and i now need a new one. I know that if im going to get something expensive, its gunna be a mask, and i have narrowed it down to these two JT masks. I am stuck on picking one of these and i am hoping that some of you have used one or the other, and can give me some advice.

Oh...please dont say 'Get an invision' because i dont want one. These are perfectly in my price range, and its gunna be one of these so deal with it.

Thanks

Head knight of Ni
09-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Vforce Morph for the block ;)

teufelhunden
09-12-2004, 04:25 PM
ProFlex.

Deltree
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
meh i hate my jt masks mainly because they're a pain in the *** to clean and youd shred your fingers getting the lense out. I guess the fx-10 solves that but its really really fugly. If you want a jt mask id say proteus or pro-flex. but i really think for the money you'd be better off with a v-force morph or sheild or maybe a proto switch.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Out of the two, which I one both. the proteus is nicer.

But I would get a proflex over either of them.

Or a Profiler :)

Asertation
09-12-2004, 04:39 PM
I dont have the money for the profiler, so thats out.

I think im going to get the Proteus because i like how that looks and i have heard a lot of good stuff about it.

I dont like the look of the proflex goggles, they look just like the ones i shot up this weekend... :rolleyes:

Mister Sinister
09-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Well to actually answer the question. I like the FX-10's yeah they are kinda funky lookin I like it others dont. They fit my face nice dont fog the lense arent as easy to change as a vforces but still are not hard at all to do. The downside to them is that they are kinda hard seem see this as good some see this as bad. I would prefer to get more bounces so i would rather it were softer. But if your not in the mood to have your face smacked the hardness can be good. Also they sit kinda close to your mouth so it reflects some of the hot air your breathing out which can kinda suck on hot days. Last year I had a Proteus they are similar the plastic in them is softer for more bounces. They breathe a little better but the lens is that hard to change lens that the rest of the JT's have. I think the FX-10 is a better mask. Hope this helps some.

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Save a lil more money up and buy a Profiler. You may not think its a good idea right now cus ya want a mask right away but you wont be dissapointed.

LeatherPants
09-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Flex or Profiler.

I've seen both have problems but hey that's life.

FX-10 is cool if you're getting ready for halloween and want to be a stormtrooper.

Pro-Flex-
More choices of lenses and easier to find.
Bounces
Takes a bit longer to change lenses than Profiler. Those of you who have problems must really need help in your lives.

Profiler-
Covers a little more
Quick change lenses
Slightly lighter thatn Pro Flex

FSU_Paintball
09-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Seriously, the ProFlex and Profiler are the two best masks on the market.

I have to disagree with the guy above for a couple reasons though... the ProFlex definitely covers a bit more area on you than the profiler, and the ProFlex definitely feels lighter too.

Asertation
09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Save a lil more money up and buy a Profiler. You may not think its a good idea right now cus ya want a mask right away but you wont be dissapointed.
I cant do that because my mask broke beyond repair, so my friends and i shot it...a ProCarbine broke the lens :(

So the general feeling i get from here is that the Proflex is better than the Proteus.

RedWeenie
09-12-2004, 09:21 PM
I tryed on a FX-10 at a local store and it was really un-comfortable i would not recomend it....I have a team mate with a Proteus and he really likes it but i would have to say get a Proflex over those two.

cheetah256
09-13-2004, 12:02 AM
i actually enjoy my axiom quite a bit. it fits me better than either the invision of the profiler, and the lens retention system is rather nice. sure it looks a bit goofy, but at least you stand out on the field : )

gc82000
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Why dont you look at the proto switch? They are light and easy to maintain and really easy to change lenses. Plus they cost about the same as athe two mask you are lookng at.

Evil1
09-13-2004, 01:37 AM
I think th FX 10 is cool. They look alot better in person. For some odd reason they kind of remind me of the old Scott Bad *** masks. Sorry for cursing but that was the name of the mask.

logamus
09-13-2004, 01:46 PM
instead of a profiler, get a morph. all the coolness from the profiler for less money than a proteus.