PDA

View Full Version : Elitist Bastard Trying To Crush the ambitions of New Players?

xXHavokXx
09-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum or not but here we go. So I've posted a couple places that im selling my DM4 and that I'm interested in very select trades only otherwise I want cash. So I get offers and usually reject them as they are not what I'm looking for and people are ok with it. Recently I've gotten a few offers that included "Tricked out" or "fully upp'd" spyders or TES's, or BKO's or generic spyder clones plus anywhere from 200-400 dollars cash. Catagorically I reject them as they are not Angel Fly's, and they just erupt into tirades about me being elitist and other things, about how I'm ruining the sport by not taking their trade because kids cant upgrade, how im ripping people off by selling a nearly new DM4 for 1100 when they could get it from a local place for 850. So far ive gotten 4 such rants, and I got them before when I was selling off my Timmy's. Does anyone else get this as well? Does anyone agree with them?

FSU_Paintball
09-12-2004, 05:52 PM
you elitist bastard!

Nah, you're cool. Just tell them to STFU and deliver a swift b-slap. They're just being jackasses.

Edit: link? It sounds amusing

Thermus
09-12-2004, 05:55 PM
If its not what your looking for, then screw them. Just block them if you have to. They are in no way correct.

AcemanPB
09-12-2004, 05:55 PM
They are just mad because their mommy and daddy won't buy them a new gun.

lord1234
09-12-2004, 05:56 PM
if they can get them locally for 850...tell them to go there and stop bothering you

ilikePB
09-12-2004, 06:04 PM
A DM4 for $850, whether used or not, that thing must be in pieces. I wouldn't even trade my Viking for a BKO(or whatever) + $400, so I wouldn't expect anyone with a DM4 to. I think they are newbs and don't understand the resale of high end guns. I say you forget about them. $1100 for a used DM4 in mint condition is pretty normal if you look around PBN.

xXHavokXx
09-12-2004, 06:04 PM
if they can get them locally for 850...tell them to go there and stop bothering you

If they can get them for 850 I want to go to that store. Thats way below dealer cost.

team unwanted
09-12-2004, 06:05 PM
......and I think 1100 for a used dm4 is a good price.

BlackWeenie
09-12-2004, 06:14 PM
just tell them to F off, theyre retarded

LeatherPants
09-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Tell them to go but their own.

If they are trying to trade you then obviously they don't want their POS spyder clones either. Write them back and tell the to stop trying to pawn their unwanted crap to other.

Ask them why they have to bring other players down by pushing crap on to others.

$850 is such BS. Tell them I'll buy 5. Then I'll turn them around and dump them for $1000 easily.

splatterbrain
09-12-2004, 06:18 PM
There is no way their going to get a good cond dm4 from a shop for $850.00 . Even on e-bay a good cond used dm4 goes for $900.00+ . If they didn't I'd have one. (edit) so there you elitist bastard

frontrunner
09-12-2004, 06:45 PM
you mean to tell me i a preson can not trade a upped sypder(<200) for a dm4 (1100) why not..... don't let them get to you if i were selling or trading a dm4 i'd get the $ or just the right gun cause heck what can you shoot after a dm4

Stealthgerbil
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
even the most upped spyder possible wouldn't be an equal trade unless they threw in about $800.

LeatherPants
09-12-2004, 07:06 PM
It's like a kid trying to trade you his Civic. Ok so it may have a turbo kit, rims......etc. No matter what he does to it....still a Civic.

Like you'd trade a Porche for a Civic. :rolleyes:

BrockSampson
09-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Heh, I had a couple guys get pissed because I wouldn't trade my '03 Shocker Vision for their a: Piranha, and b: Tippy M98 (not even a custom)... both pretty much stock. :tard:

Crazy
09-12-2004, 07:17 PM
I get this all the time, people need to learn that if your adding cash for guns people don't want, they have to make it worth the traders time and effort . :tard:

teufelhunden
09-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I always deal with this when I sell a gun. I actually got an IM from someone who wanted to trade for my STO... with a bone stock TL+.

Oh, did I mention he said straight up? And wanted me to pay shipping?

Of course, someone this dumb is going to get mad when you tell them no..

Sigh. Should've saved the conversation.

Jeffy-CanCon
09-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't think you are being elitist, or that you are single-handedly "holding back" young players.

Just tell them No, politely. "I'm not interested in your trade/offer, but good luck in finding a new gun." There is no sense in arguing with a child.

Sac
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
ill trade you my stingray 2, this thing has maddd upz man, i put on a 12" eagle-sport sniper barrel and a 24oz co2 tank, i dont think you can pass this deal up, you'll have to add cash of course. :dance:

ilikePB
09-12-2004, 09:37 PM
lol

Z-man
09-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Havok, this is the funniest thread title ive come across AO in a long time. frealls :)

-Carbon

BrockSampson
09-12-2004, 09:41 PM
There is no sense in arguing with a child.
It might not make sense... but it sure is fun sometimes! ;)

Latchkey
09-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I have a Big Grab bag of Doritos that Sac left at my house after eating at Subway, wouldn't you know it came with the meal. They are Nacho Cheesier. We could trade, but only if you pay shipping....

Anyway, yeah I know what you mean, there are so many people that try and trade cheap guns for nice ones. It's pretty "AGG" but besides that, just ignore them as said earlier, it doesn't make since to argue with children.

BrockSampson
09-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Nacho cheesier Doritos? :wow:
Would you take an Angel 4 Fly Joy Div for them? Sure, I'll pay shipping!

BrockSampson
09-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh, come on! If it really is a "Big Grab", I'll even throw in cash, but you'll have to send pics. ;)

Sac
09-12-2004, 10:01 PM
those doritos are mine, and just cuz ima nice guy ill go straight up for your A4 Fly.

Latchkey
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
those doritos are mine, and just cuz ima nice guy ill go straight up for your A4 Fly.

They are mine now...

Oh, and I will get on it with the Pics, I should have them ready for you tomorrow.

I can even test one of the chips before I send it to make sure you can get through the bag safely, wouldn't want you dieing on me.

gc82000
09-13-2004, 12:54 AM
There is no way their going to get a good cond dm4 from a shop for $850.00 . Even on e-bay a good cond used dm4 goes for $900.00+ .

I think on Ebay you could geyt a great deal for a DM4 pic for about 700. Plus it is brand new never really been looked at. Or at least the description was never really looked at.

xXHavokXx
09-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I think the issue is people think the resale value of their gun is the cost of the gun new, plus retail value of everything they did to it. For example, the guy who really encouraged me to post this, (i have the AIM convo saved but its on my laptop at my GF's house) broke it down much like this,
E99 Avant, 25g micro switch (25), Dye IS barrel (120), some special board with eyes (150), super cool hammer (50), aka tornado valve (90), spring kit (12), enchanted bolt of something (70), CP reg (80), etc etc,

So he added it all up for me and told me his spyder was worth 900 dollars and that adding 350 bucks would make it an uneven trade on my end due to cash value.

Stealthgerbil
09-13-2004, 01:39 PM
even though that spyder would rip just as well as the dm4 (I've seen a spyder FA at 25bps, so it is possible to have a fast spyder), the brand and design of your dm4 is what sets it apart. N00b dont realize this, and think that how much you invest is what makes your gun valuable.

ghideon
09-13-2004, 01:47 PM
enchanted bolt of something (70)

That's classic. Was it an enchanted bolt of consistency (+/- 2 FPS), or was it the enchanged bolt of ramping (+3 BPS) ?

xXHavokXx
09-13-2004, 01:47 PM
even though that spyder would rip just as well as the dm4 (I've seen a spyder FA at 25bps, so it is possible to have a fast spyder), the brand and design of your dm4 is what sets it apart. N00b dont realize this, and think that how much you invest is what makes your gun valuable.

I agree and even told him that. I said I have little doubt it's fast, but I bet it kicks like a beast,. I'm looking for guns with little to no kick and angel or cocker threads.

Bulldog
09-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't usually give any reasons why, I just say "No thanks. Appreciate the offer." Anytime I've ever said "you're on crack" or something to that effect, it just goes bad. I don't have the time or patience to deal with these idiots anyway. Every once and a while, I still get a real bonehead tho who goes off for no reason. I just put 'em on ignore and don't even bother replying. I don't want to conduct a business transaction with someone like that anyway.

LeatherPants
09-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Goes back to what I was saying. Just because you fixed up your Geo Metro to be as fast as a Porche doesn't make it a Porche. ;)

FallNAngel
09-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Goes back to what I was saying. Just because you fixed up your Geo Metro to be as fast as a Porche doesn't make it a Porche. ;)

but...but... it's just as fast!!! How could the trade not be even!?!

:D

BrockSampson
09-13-2004, 08:27 PM
That's classic. Was it an enchanted bolt of consistency (+/- 2 FPS), or was it the enchanged bolt of ramping (+3 BPS) ?
Ack! Your D&D got in my PB! ;)

68AutoMoose
09-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Enchanted bolts, Elves, D&D...You guys are nerds. :hail: Heh heh....ahem... but I'm not.

BrockSampson
09-13-2004, 10:20 PM
You were supposed to say:
You got your PB in my D&D!
Sheesh... ;)

Maybe you're too young to remember those commercials?

Any self-respecting pirate would drink grog from a skull. :cheers:

CoolHand
09-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Ah yes, the "I want to trade my (insert POS marker) in on a new (insert $1000+ marker), but you have to add cash." guys.

I know them well.

I always tell them this - "A marker is worth whatever the market is willing to pay for it (used at least). In this case, I am the market. I will not give you more than X dollars for it. Take it or leave it."

I have never had a guy go ballistic over it. Most simply stammer a little something about having paid a ton of money for what they have now, and leave (or at least leave me alone).

I usually try to help guys out, IF I think I can move the marker in a reasonable amount of time. But I'm not gonna go out of my way, just so that they can own a marker who's cost is outside of their finacial means.

Plus, resale of used markers has gone to hell in a handbasket lately. Everyone is selling something, and no one wants to give anything for it.

I'm not sure of the cause nation wide, but I know for sure that around here, its caused by the credit card babies, and their willingness to sell an almost new marker for ~30% of retail because there is something newer out, and their almost new gun now "sucks".

Case in point, I sold a Lasoya Timmy to this kid at the begining of the year. He paid very nearly National's MSRP at the time (I think, its been several months ago now). Towards the end of June, he gets a hold of me, to see how much I wanted for an Alias. I told him I had to have $1250 for it, and he was like OK, I'll need to come up with another $875 or so. I was kind of impressed that an avid PB kid like that (who was only 14 at the time) was able to save $350 while PBing every weekend, and I told him so (this was before I realized there was a mother and a CC involved). He replied that he hadn't saved anything, he had just sold his Lasoya to a local guy, and that his mom would cover the balance. :wow:

I was dumbfounded. Almost new Lasoya . . . . sold for $350 . .. . . because it "sucked" now, and was horribly "unbalanced" (presumably because of the older style frame). He bought the Alias (although not from me :mad: :rofl: ), and then called again last week wanting a price on a new Dark Timmy. The Alias is gone (for some insanely low price I would imagine), and he was ready for another victim. The only thing that stopped him was the fact that NPS was out of stock.

Crazy :tard:

I guess its good to be an OEM, and a retailer. :headbang:

As a result of all this silliness, I haven't taken a trade-in for a new marker in over six months. (you just can't move them)

Anyway, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :rofl: