PDA

View Full Version : Chopping paint with Emag?

BunkerKing_2000
09-12-2004, 07:42 PM
I just shot my new Emag today. I had tested the marker with proto paintballs and PMI Premium blu/yellow. I chopped paint everytime I went into electronic mode and mechanical. Why was I chopping paintballs down the barrel and in the breech? It happen 3 times in a row. I am using a dye 14" ultralight barrel 688 bore size barrel. When I tested the blu/yellow paintballs I didnt break no paintballs at all. I have my settings factory stock and I didnt mess with it at all. My SHBF is at 4. Should the SHBF be at a higher # or more lower # in order to shoot correctly? I have a empire loader B, but not using it right now because I need to get a clamp rise feed for it. I used an 12 volt rev but chop paint with it than use the evloution II and chop paint with it to than after the 3 time with the pmi premium blu/yellow no chops or breaks down the barrel. I think it could of been the paint and barrel match. I had like 4000psi in my tank and after that when I shot about half paint in the evolution II I had about 3000psi left is that normal for the Emag? It came factory stock when I received the marker. I have a 88cu and a 5000 68 but using the 88 for right now for testing though. The velocity setting is around 280-290 fps. Plz give me more details about the SHBF does and would that make a diffrecence on how it wil preform electronic mode thanks!

cphilip
09-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Need a little more info but I first suspect a problem with your detent or barrel alignment.

Are you breaking down the barrel near the end? ie barrel breaks

Or is the paint all over the bolt itself. Chop...

I suspect a feed problem is going on and it would be either detents are rough or bad or your not getting the barrel properly twisted in in the first place. Second thing is your level 10 set up. We deal with that later after you explain the place your finding paint.

BunkerKing_2000
09-13-2004, 09:44 PM
well I dont think it could be the barrrel alignment. I did take off the ball detents because it had paint though. I tighten the barrel all the way down tightly so I dont think it could be the barrel alignment though. Yes my level 10 is set up properly because It was tuned by agd when I bought the Emag custom from them. I just think that the proto paintballs are to brittle and thats why it was breaking down the barrel and chopping paintballs because of the loader situation. I did use an evolution and worked well. How many shots should I get on a 88cu 4500? when I fill it to 4500 and add about half the paintballs in the loader it goes down 1,000 psi could it be the level 10 set up? Thanks

BunkerKing_2000
09-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Is there anyone who can help me with my Emag? I am chopping paintballs every 10 shots or so. the Level 10 that came with it is stock from the factory. SHBF is at 4 should I increase it? What does the SHBF for? Is it to make sure that the solidnoid goes back and forth in a certain time when the trigger is pulled? The level 10 has a medium spring in it has 2 shims and one dot no line on the spacer. What can I do to make it not chop? I am using a evoloution II hopper and my batteries are full brand new. I am actually using a Empire reloader B, but I need to shave down the feed neck though. Could it be blow back which is causing the marker to chop paint and paint down the barrel? The paintballs I am using are PMI premiums. Thanks

Titansu
09-15-2004, 07:27 PM
What does the SHBF for?

From my understanding it is similar to debounce on other guns... the lower the buffer, the more bounce.

Anywone... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for your chopping, do you have another marker to test the paint on - to verify its quality?

BunkerKing_2000
09-15-2004, 08:25 PM
right now my SHBF is at 4 should I make it higher so that way it wont chop paint? So the hight the SHBF is the less likely it will chop? I know that my level 10 is setup properly because it camed from agd directly. As for another marker yes I have another marker to test out the paintball, but I always use PMI premiums or Proto paintballs either or I dont have a problem with it. Is there any other way to stop from chopping paintballs down the breech and down the barrel? thanks

Miscue
09-15-2004, 11:11 PM
right now my SHBF is at 4 should I make it higher so that way it wont chop paint? So the hight the SHBF is the less likely it will chop? I know that my level 10 is setup properly because it camed from agd directly. As for another marker yes I have another marker to test out the paintball, but I always use PMI premiums or Proto paintballs either or I dont have a problem with it. Is there any other way to stop from chopping paintballs down the breech and down the barrel? thanks

The SHBF setting makes no difference in this case - leave it at a low or the lowest setting. Your chopping is due to a mechanical problem somewhere.

able2roll
09-17-2004, 07:57 AM
I just got a classic mag, and I hardly know a thing about it.I'm havin a problem with double-shots though...I'm not sure if its my trigger or my ball detent or what.I had a friend of mine who's been shooting a mag for years to look at it, and he said the trigger has a sweet spot where it will shoot repeatedly if held there.Is there a way I can fix this?When it shoots one after another in a single trigger pull they get caught in the barrel and eventually bust.

White_Noise
09-17-2004, 11:11 AM
nice double post........check my response in the other thread, shoud help you.