PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag Problems...

Slider3
09-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Ive had my X-Mag for about 9 months now, and trust me, I love it. I didnt have any problems with it untill just before we left to go to the IAO... sometime in July. At practice it stopped firing in e-mode. When I went to the IAO I just brought it to the AGD booth, no problem, they fixed it. They said that the Solenoid was out of alignment. I played in 4 games that day, and in the 3rd one, e-mode stopped working again. I brought it to AGD again, and this time they said the trigger rod was bent. It was fixed and i made it through another day of play without problems. The gun was fine untill today, before the 1st game of a tournement, the same thing happened. No more e-mode.

Im not sure what the problem is this time... I dont know how to look at the solenoid to check it, or how it should look when it is adjusted properly. I am slightly annoyed right now, because having to play in mech mode during our 1st game definately effected our performance.

If someone could give me some pointers on how to get this problem fixed... for good, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Slider3

BlackVCG
09-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Make sure your trigger fire point is set so that there's a bit of overtravel after the point at which the gun fires. Also, take a look at the top (return) magnet in the trigger and make sure it's not coming loose.

Also, take off the left grip panel and lift up on the solenoid plunger arm and then let go. The plunger should fall down into the solenoid from its own weight. If it sticks before it gets all the way down, you have a bent solenoid plunger rod and need to fix it.

The only other thing I can think of checking is the battery charge. Make sure you have a battery charge with >18V.

When the gun stops in e-mode, can you hear the solenoid clicking or does the gun register the shots on the shot counter? Do the electronics cut out completely?

Slider3
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
When i first looked at the plunger, it would not go down on its own... but after moving it up and down a few times, it will now go down under its own weight.

It seems to be working now... as in, the plunger will move when the trigger is pulled. I cant tell if it is consistent. It seems that sometimes it will not, but I cant really gas up right now. I'm in college and I dont think they would like me to be dry-firing in the dorm.

I also just found some debris from the rubber bumber on the bolt/valve in the grip frame (one was shredded slightly, but i repaced it). Im not sure if it is possible that there is any debris inside the solenoid, and thats whats jamming it up sometimes...

I could use some more info on the solenoid and plunger... I'll try to look some stuff up, but any tips would be apreciated.

Slider3

Slider3
09-13-2004, 02:12 PM
i just took out the plunger... looked at some things, cleaned it up a bit, and put the whole gun back together. It seems to be working again... I'll testfire it as soon as i can. Maybe i can muffle it with enough pillows. :rolleyes:

paintpiggie
09-13-2004, 10:54 PM
always check the length of your plunger.

i had that problem a while ago,
then i realized that my plunger rod kept screwing out and it would actually
cause the valve to fill slower,
so i fixed it and put loctite on it to keep it from moving.
it's perfect now.
and I didnt measure anything,
i just screwed it up and down until it shot good
and i kept it there.

you can also apply a thin coat of lube on your plunger. that helps.

also,
make sure you oil your on/off pin.

all these steps make for a nice happy xmag. :clap: