PDA

View Full Version : Switch to the RT rail ?

punkncat
09-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I am just curious about something.

Is there anything about the RT rail that actually gives it an advantage over the old classic rail ?

The Emag and RT rail are very similar. Was it a cost issue? Reduce cost by using the same design ?

It seems like with all the weight reduction trying to be achieved through the ULE program , that someone would have thought about the immediate weight loss through using a classic rail. And a milled classic rail becomes even lighter....

Why did AGD switch to the "RT" rail ?

WenULiVeUdiE
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
When the first RT's came out, the airline was partially inside of the rail. They needed a rail that had enough room to mill out the air passage. Then when they siwtched to, the now standard, RTP/X-valve, they just didnt mill the air passage and kept the rail. I think they just used an RT Rail to base the Emag rail off of because it was easy and it was on hand. It saved design time, and they didnt have to rework it much. Just easier, and cheaper to do.

I'm pretty sure that is right^...

NPauly
09-18-2004, 11:48 PM
I realize that these are total newbie questions, but I have never owned an automag. I am just trying to do a little research to help me decide if I want to own one.

Is it still possible to buy a "non pro" rt rail?

Would buying an original (non pro) rt rail allow me to run an air-line from my tank to the gas-through foregrip just like on any other marker?

Is it possible to use a x-valve, ule mainbody, and level 10 kit with an original rt rail?

---[ my possible setup ]---

ule mainbody
x-valve
level 10
rt rail (original)

Tunaman
09-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I realize that these are total newbie questions, but I have never owned an automag. I am just trying to do a little research to help me decide if I want to own one.

Is it still possible to buy a "non pro" rt rail?

Would buying an original (non pro) rt rail allow me to run an air-line from my tank to the gas-through foregrip just like on any other marker?

Is it possible to use a x-valve, ule mainbody, and level 10 kit with an original rt rail?

---[ my possible setup ]---

ule mainbody
x-valve
level 10
rt rail (original)
Nope. You can't use the original RT rail. The field strip screw won't work with the xvalve. Bummer.

NPauly
09-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Well then, that's that.

I just don't like that long air-hose, it always seem to get in my way.

Thanks all the same ...

FlawleZ
09-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Well then, that's that.

I just don't like that long air-hose, it always seem to get in my way.

Thanks all the same ...

I agree. I dislike the air hose that runs up on the RTP's. But there really is no need for an "X Valve" on a classic RT anyway. It's basically the same valve.

NPauly
09-21-2004, 03:19 AM
I agree. I dislike the air hose that runs up on the RTP's. But there really is no need for an "X Valve" on a classic RT anyway. It's basically the same valve.

This is true. The RT Valve is basically just a X-Valve with stainless steel parts instead of aluminum. But I don't believe that anyone is making ULE Bodies for the Original RT Rail and I don't think that an RT Valve can be fitted with a Level 10 kit. Heck, for all I know the Intelliframe might not even fit on the Original RT Rail.

It really sucks, because I am almost 100% set on getting an automag, but now it looks like I need to go back to the drawing board. :(

Are there any aftermarket bodies, valves, and frames that will work with an Original RT Rail? If not someone really should think about producing something, because it seems there is a real market for it.

Shoot, even AGD knows that the airhose is ugly; I've never seen a promotional photo of an Automag that didn't have the marker facing to the left of the photo with the ugly airhose out of sight.

Thanks again ...

VelcroBP
09-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Does the X-Valve require an RTpro rail, or will it work on a Classic rail as well?

Janixs
09-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Yes an X-valve will work on an AM/MM rail.

SlartyBartFast
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
If you don't like a long hose, why not install a gas through grip and run a steel line from a vertical ASA to the Valve?

Used to be able to by these from Venom products.