PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Gun

hydrashock
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I was in the woods when I hear the quiet paint gun from behind. All I hear is the balls wizzing by my head. I looked and the guy was write behind me. Aboat 5 feet. Can any help me. I need that gun.

Creative Mayhem
09-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Well it definately wasn't me... as LoadSM5 and Kennedy can attest... My Illusion scared the crap out of both of them... :p :ninja:

aut911
09-12-2004, 11:57 PM
any Idea what it looked like?

there is a new gun out called the assault 80 that runs at 80 psi. I have never heard one fire but you would think that it would be incredibly quiet.

aut

Glickman
09-13-2004, 05:58 AM
i was running my shocker at a little lower than 100 psi, pretty close bolt to a matrix, so it couldve been me, but i try not to put balls to close to people ;) never really funny when they stand up or something :)

i was using a green '03 shocker w/ blue halo

hydrashock
09-13-2004, 09:35 AM
I couldn't tell what it looked like. But it was cool hearing thoughs balls fly.

What do you think of the low pressure system for my A-5?

TDonovan
09-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Don't bother with LP on a tippmann... I know from experience with my lp 98c. The only gas related things you may want to put on a tippmann are a new ASA and a good regulator (palmer stab).

And honestly the LP setup won't make your gun much quieter. If you want quiet you need to get a heavily ported barrel (but I don't recommend it).

hydrashock
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I alrady have a wisper barrell. It's so quiet.
I love my A-5, I was just wondering about the gun.
Thanks all.

Concrete
09-15-2004, 04:48 PM
My A5's sound like freakin' cannons! I like the fact that they scare the bejesus out of people on the field! :shooting: :dance:

C5TEK
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Well first off..what team were you playing on? that might help narrow it down.Was the gun like incredibly long? I was on Shatners team using my 98c loaded with everything including a silencer which makes the gun quiet as a mouse.

Glickman
09-16-2004, 09:20 PM
technically, silencers are illegal :rolleyes: and i havent seen one that really works, atleast not one worth paying for (atleast under 100) is urs homemade?

hydrashock
09-16-2004, 10:51 PM
I was on Tom's team.
Like I said I didn't get a chance to look at it.

C5TEK
09-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I know "technically" any device which can be made to,modified to,used to lessen the sound for a firearm is illegal.Even though this is made for a paintball gun I can be arrested for it.You could walk out with a pillow attatched to the end of your gun and you could be arrested.I use it every now and again,mostly at my home field where I don't have to worry about it.It's actually an old school taso silencer from back in the early 90's.It works awesome. I had it on the end of my friend x-mag one day and we both laughed hysterically.Nothing like ripping 20 balls a second with just a slight "blip" coming out the end of the barrel.If you want some pictures of it send me your e-mail address and I'll fire some off to you.

Timmee
09-23-2004, 04:32 PM
May have been one of the Nova variants. I know my Nova 700 sounded like a wet fart while dry firing, so with paint it'd be extremely quiet (unfortunately, it wasn't the most reliable of markers, going China Syndrome on numerous occasions, like AO NE 3 and Spplat Attack II).