PDA

View Full Version : Make my frenzy board faster? help pls...

Cool fool!
09-12-2004, 09:58 PM
anyone have a frenzy board on their intimidator? how can i make my gun faster?
thanks!

Load SM5
09-12-2004, 11:00 PM
What are your settings now? Running a HALO?

One thing I'd recommend is a technatrigger. They're a bit pricey but it allows you to take the return spring out and let the switch kick the trigger back. I found that that let me speed up a good bit. Well worth the money.

SlipknotX556
09-12-2004, 11:18 PM
As Load said, a techna trigger.

Also debounce 1 would speed that thing up. lol

Dayspring
09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
There is no DB1 on a Frenzy board.

SlipknotX556
09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
There is no DB1 on a Frenzy board.

lol, I was thinking of a WAS board when I typed that. O well, I also forgot that the frenzys dont have debounce 1. :p Also I am not fimaliar with frenzy boards, I still use my stock SOB board in my timmy.

RT pRo AuToMaG
09-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Get a Critical trigger, they are better then the techna's and cheaper as well. What BPS are you getting now? Every timmy at my field with a frenzy shoots insanely fast. Also what version do you have? You probably want to get the newest one (116) if you don't have it.

Evil1
09-13-2004, 01:30 AM
I happen to have a critical trigger I'm looking to unload. I never even used it. I can shoot it really fast with the stock trigger with both hands and I don't want to have to relearn a new trigger right now. I keep my frenzy on the stock settings except for the eye mode which I have on delay. I am not the fastest shooter and on my alias I can usually average 16 bps which is plenty fast, I managed to get it to 20 bps once in my backyard. I think when that happened my tank was under 1k psi. Sometimes my gun will runaway when the tank is getting low. It will go full auto for like 10 shots. I took the return spring out of my trigger also and that helped some.

amb8
09-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Radio shack has rare earth magnets, helps with the bounce, and gives you a nice fealing for the trigger, just glue one on the set screw, and another one were the spring would go, just make sure they are oposites..
Good luck, this mod should cost you no more then 5 bucks, for the magnets and crazy glue..
I run it at debounce 2, mbounce 4... everything else stock.

Cool fool!
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Radio shack has rare earth magnets, helps with the bounce, and gives you a nice fealing for the trigger, just glue one on the set screw, and another one were the spring would go, just make sure they are oposites..
Good luck, this mod should cost you no more then 5 bucks, for the magnets and crazy glue..
I run it at debounce 2, mbounce 4... everything else stock.

so there IZ debounce on a frenzy board right? :confused:
iz there any way i ca make it faster without having to buy new stuff for it....(triggers, bolts, magnets..ect.)?

rkjunior303
09-14-2004, 06:26 PM
iz there any way i ca make it faster without having to buy new stuff for it....(triggers, bolts, magnets..ect.)?

uhhhh practice?

Load SM5
09-14-2004, 07:20 PM
It has both electrical and mechanical debounce settings.

It's pretty stinking fast without having to buy a thing for them. Drop the Dbounce and Mbounce settings down and go. Get a good fast hopper and set your BIP accordingly. I run mine on forced with a HALO but some say delayed is faster for them.

Evil1
09-15-2004, 01:46 AM
What does the BIP do? I use an evo2 w/ Zboard and my Halo b and I have never bothered with the BIP. I have never chopped with the gun. I have had a few barrel breaks, but no chops. When I bought the gun, I asked what the BIP was and didn't get a real straight answer.

Load SM5
09-15-2004, 09:19 PM
BIP+ Ball in Place
It determines how long after trigger pull and the eye senses the ball before the timmy shoots. You can set it lower the faster your hopper. Set it at 2 for an egg and 0-1 for a HALO. I run a regular HALO B at 0 and never chop. It might squeeze another BPS out of your timmy or may not do anything noticable. I'm just suggesting everything you can do without buying anything.

Evil1
09-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Thank you, Load SM5. So pretty much BIP doesn't matter if you are using delay anyway?

JKW
09-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Also, check your bolt delay. Make sure it is at the lowest setting. I have found excessively high bolt delays in several guns that caused them to slow down. Keep in mind that the Assassins use bolt delay to intentionally slow their guns down to the NXL mandated 15bps limit.

RT pRo AuToMaG,
What make it better?Saying that it is a better product should be followed by facts to back up your claim.
Better bearings? Technas are, and always have been sort of a cost no object kind of thing. While my competitors bearings are certainly "good enough" for their purpose, they do not compare to the Greman made bearings I use. It is not even close. I know this for a FACT by the way.
Better pivot design? Wrong again. The flanged bearings I use ensure that the trigger body will not slowly walk off of the bearing and begin to rub the frame, as has bee known to happen with one of my competitors. Will this happen with your Critical? Probably not, it seems to be put together pretty well, requiring me to use a press to get the bearings past a certain point when I removed mine from my Critical. I do know this though. It CAN NOT happen with a Techna. Again this is FACT
Lighter? Nope. The Scythe2 with magnet kit is 40% lighter. Yup, another pesky FACT.
Cheaper? Ok you got me there. But what about value? I can, for instance, duplicate the Scythe2 in aluminum, using the same far east import, un-flanged bearing as my competitors for less than one fourth of what it costs to produce the current Techna Trigger. Simple math (the same math that reveals what effect a 40% weight/mass reduction has on speed potential) tells you where your money is going. Jeez, again with the FACTS!
Better shape? Maybe for some, but consider this. The Critical trigger is a copy of the original Scythe trigger (if you lay one on top of the other, it become apparent and inarguable) which was redesigned at the request of the Oakland Assassins to better fit within the tighter confines of the Alias trigger guard.
Available colors match your gun better?...Well ok.

Look, tell me you like it better, or that it feels better for YOU and I can accept or even embrace that. Heck, after all I designed the freaking thing didn't I? ;)

Load SM5
09-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Colors, schmolers. I think carbon fiber looks cool. I had to get a stiffi barrel to match my techna. ;)

Which reminds me Jason...where are my stickers? Don't make me make my own. :D

JKW
09-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Which reminds me Jason...where are my stickers? Don't make me make my own. :D

No need my man! The new ones are much better than the old. Seen on all the coolest killers out there too.

"G" kicks butt I think.
http://www.onepic.com/2/1094940248578810640.jpg

Infamous is on board now.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/8000/Infamous_1710.jpg

I bet there is a PM in my inbox (the one I never seem to remember to check) isnt there? I will check it now, print the address, and take care of it finally.

Load SM5
09-16-2004, 10:56 PM
How'd you guess? :)