PDA

View Full Version : Gasses up but wont fire

lotech notech
09-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Hello all,
I had a bit of a trawl through the posts here but couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate so here's my problem.

I've got a 68 auto, and it presents a new problem everytime I turn up to play (I end up using site guns every now and then cos the guys who run the site left me and the part time wood players behind years ago, so they forgot what they knew about mechanical guns).

Anyhoo, my newest problem is that the gun gasses up, and the on off pushes the trigger forward, but it just wont fire. We sat around and scratched our heads, and I blamed it on my new level 10, but we couldn't come up with any reasonable ideas (short of taking the valve out and setting it off by hand)

The only significant alteration I made since the last time I played (and the mag worked) is putting a lvl 10 in. I followed the guide and it all fitted ok, and we couldn't see how that would affect the on/off (but like I say, there weren't any mag people there). I've stripped it all down, and everything seems to be free moving.

Any ideas, I'm not too bad at maintaining my mag, but I run into a brick wall when I start trouble shooting.

Sorry about the long message
Cheers all

cphilip
09-13-2004, 12:04 PM
When you installed level 10 did you fire it then? It would take a significant increase in inlet pressure to get it to fire for that install. The rear regulator nut would have to have been cranked up like several full turns or it would do exactly what you describe.

So in fact you might not have finished installing level 10 because you have not turned your velocity up to get it to start pressurizing...

lotech notech
09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Aha, sounds like that might be it (given that I don't really know what I'm doing, and it all worked otherwise).

Thanks matey

fiforever
09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
I had recently purchased a Emag with level 10 bolt on ebay. Sounded good but come to find out that the gun would not fire. Tired a lot of different things. First we decided to take it aprt (taken apart by a well respected shop owner of ours). Looked through the gun and fount teflon tape deep inside the valve. Thats a nono. Fixed that ohk. The found out the same thing wont shoot with air. Trigger works fine we tested that by takeing off the valve and holding down the pin inside and pulling the trigger. It made the shooting sound. Anyway. Bring it to one out of acouple people certifed on the west coast. He said I had a lot of problems. First being the marker had an old valve on a proteams body (You know your valve is newer if the valve is black). Then he found out that there were many modification done to the gun that would last for only a little while then make the marker die!