PDA

View Full Version : Automag from scratch

automager1
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi I am fairly new to automags and want know what components should I use? Im on pretty much a 700 dollar max.

What frame?

What body?

What Valve?

What Barrel?

What hopper?

What spare Extra parts are needed?

shatter_storm
09-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Frame/Body/Valve, buy a RT-Pro Custom with a ULE mainbody and your choice of gripframe - most people like the intelliframe.

Barrel, buy a barrel kit for the best performance.

Hopper, with a mech 'mag you won't be able to outshoot revies unless you can get it to runaway. If you feel like spending money you can get a halo.

With spare parts, get a RT rebuild kit, extra LX carrier o-rings, teflon tape and some good oil (KC?) and you should be good to go for a long time.

Creative Mayhem
09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
If you're looking to make a custom mag that you choose everything then the options are vast. If you're looking to get a premade mag, then look at the RTP ULE, you can choose colors and other options.

you can also check out the mags on www.jayloo.com they may give you some ideas to play with.

Just a side note: If you are planning a total custom you are going to need more than just the parts listed hence why buying the RTP would be the best bet. However, I will help you out and give you a list of the smaller parts.

trigger frame screw, fieldstrip screw, trigger sear, sear pin(RT/emag style or AM/MM style), and of course drop/rail, and all the elbows and othe fitting you will need.

Hope this helps.

cphilip
09-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Buying the ULE RTP and then selling off things to help finance the add ons is the way to go. Gives you all the little bits while you replace your body rail grip and all.

Bob_da_Splatman
09-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Fragtek has some sweet premade guns so does the rogue's premade both are good choices.

DiSoRdeR
09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Fragtek has some sweet premade guns
Wheres the fun in that, building a gun from scratch is fun :D

automager1, for all the things you want, its better to look around and see what you like. As Creative Mayhem said, check out www.jayloo.com and look for some ideas. Then build around that, building a mag is not hard at all. Mine will be complete around friday, waiting for a sear to come :headbang: Let us know what you decide, pics wouldnt hurt ;)

And welcome to AO :cheers:

FSU_Paintball
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM
You might consider buying a used emag for about $400-500 and customizing that...

FragTek
09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Wheres the fun in that, building a gun from scratch is fun :D

automager1, for all the things you want, its better to look around and see what you like. As Creative Mayhem said, check out www.jayloo.com and look for some ideas. Then build around that, building a mag is not hard at all. Mine will be complete around friday, waiting for a sear to come :headbang: Let us know what you decide, pics wouldnt hurt ;)

And welcome to AO :cheers:

You have a very valid point, but it'd be much much less expensive to buy an RT ULE Custom and sell what you don't want to fund other parts. A $700 budget is a great range to build up a nice custom mag.

You can pick up RT ULE's on my site for No advertizing prices here please. Email or PM him - cphilip. www.fragtek.com and click on the "Shop Online" link.

DiSoRdeR
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Yes it is cheaper to get an rt ule custom, and I regret not doing that. But I got alot of satisfaction watching my mag getting built piece by piece :D My Micromag is 95% done, waiting for a sear to come in the mail.

automager1 if you want to get a sweet mag that is already built check out FragTeks stuff, he sells some sweet looking mags. Or you could build one from scratch, might be more expensive, but you will learn how mags work ;)

Bob_da_Splatman
09-15-2004, 08:26 PM
You dont have to tell me about how much fun it is to build one cause thats how mine came about though it took a while... it will be finished by christmas :clap: :clap:

Have fun :cheers: :cheers: :clap: