PDA

View Full Version : impulse

billybob
10-27-2001, 11:55 AM
what kind of problems could i run in to with an impulse?
i am thinkin about gettin one and have 2 primary guns. does the vert reg come standard on them?
any info on impulses is good so let me know

[NA]WARLORD
10-27-2001, 08:54 PM
Only 2 problems i've encountered on mine is when you dont grease the back bolt it tends to chop paint as the bolt doesnt shoot as fast and keeping the dang thing charged. The vertical reg is an option not a standard feature. I just upgraded to an anti chop eye and highly recommend the freak with it. I also had the short feed tube added to reduce the height of the hopper.

billybob
10-28-2001, 05:14 AM
is that a twister feed tube or what? were did u get it?

FeelTheRT
10-28-2001, 07:43 AM
i hear one of my team mates say that two guys from a pro shop tell him that the board fry more than any other electro marker. From people that i know that own Impulses seem fine so i dunno.. IMO, i think they are pritty cool. They can handle CO2 very well and is LP with out the gas hogness. They come with a SP Prog barrel so it's basicly pritty good out of box if you just screw in a CO2 bottle and stick a revi on it. The only down i can see with the Impulse is that the trigger is pritty long compared to most electros.

Cha0tic
10-28-2001, 11:03 AM
the stock trigger is very sloppy. you will probably want to replace it. it runs most efficiently on co2, but you can run HPA on it. you just need a huge tank.

mykroft
10-28-2001, 03:12 PM
FeelTheRT: they must have meant the Matrix, which doesn't like hot, doesn't like cold, doesn't like broken paint, and doesn't like being shot. The main problem with the Impy is horrible efficiency out of the box, and a crappy stock barrel on the low-end models. Re-timing it with a shorter dwell, and higher pressure solves the efficiency problem., getting a Freak or AA with it solves the barrel issue. Vert mount reg is an option I do recomend. Another option to get is the Eclipse Blade trigger, an oh-so-sweet trigger setup, even nicer than a stock bushy trigger.

billybob
10-28-2001, 09:23 PM
This time next week i will be the owner of a smart parts Impulse. : )

Panzerr
10-29-2001, 12:44 PM
do they really shoot like a shocker?

mac2k4
10-29-2001, 06:42 PM
naw i doesn't shoot like a shocker, a shock is closed bolt, impulse is open bolt set up, an no there not that eneffecient, 3 of my team mates use a 45ci/ 4500psi maxflow, and can easily shoot all 5 tubes and maybe a football too.

MAGgot Man
10-30-2001, 09:48 AM
Until the new demonic impulses come out. They are supposed to be more efficient and lighter than the standard one. I guess we will see.