PDA

View Full Version : trigger questions

Cornmuffin87
09-14-2004, 06:33 PM
I currently own a 2k3 cocker and really have no complaints except the weight and "silhouette" of the gun. For both of these reasons, I want either a tac one or one of those rt customs from agd. My only fear is the trigger pulls. I do not personally have the ability to test the mag trigger, so I want to know if any of you have had experience with both.

Basically I like the snappy, extremely short pull of the cocker (stock 2k3 hinge) frame. How do the two xvalve mags I mentioned stack up in the trigger department? Are they snappy and short like the cocker, or loose and long like the old classic mags (which I used to own). Also, would the ULT help or take away from the 'snappiness'.

Chronobreak
09-14-2004, 06:50 PM
its ALOT diff than cockers. the stock on/off is a strong stiff 3lb pull or so with snappy stiff return. the ult kills the reactivity(although u can stil get a good amt) of the rt and gives a lighter easier to fan or possibly walk

WenULiVeUdiE
09-14-2004, 06:53 PM
With an RT/X valve, the pull is very short and snappy. The pull isnt too heavy, and the return force makes it nice.

The ULT will take away most reactivness, but it will lower your pull down to about 15 oz.

trevorjk
09-14-2004, 07:02 PM
ok first of all the Tac One and the Rt Pro are the exact same thing... just different bodies.

with that out of the way here goes

the stock on/off on the rt valve is around 3 pounds.(1,360 grams)

with the ult on/off it is reduced to around 12 ounces(340 grams)... wich is less then a pound.

a spyder eframe with stock microswitch is 5.3 ounces(150 grams)

not sure how the mech cockers measure up but my guess would be some where around 800-900 grams per pull.

as you can the stock on/ff's are heavy but the ULT is by far a great upgrade for an extra 22$ with the purchase of your gun

... the stock on/off and the ULT both are very crisp and clean triggers, both have snappy returns and will be faster then you. the ULT is SLOWER then the stock on/off but its been tested over 20bps. ( i believe... :confused: )

so if you get a rt pro or the tacone just get the ULT ... properly set up it can be walked but its way different then an electro walk

hope this helps

RTDynaflow
09-14-2004, 07:53 PM
As far as I know, the ULT is not any slower then the stock on/off..?? I believe it is nicads hAir that has a capped rof at 20.4 cps.

As far as reactivity, are you planning on playing tournies? IF so, then yes, it will lower the reactiveness of the trigger while being tourny legal. It all depends on how many shims you add and what input PSI. The ULT is much more sensitive to high input PSI. Of course this depends on shims. If you run 4-5 shims and 1000psi input, you can easily hit upwards of 18+ by "sweetspotting" it. If you run 3-4 shims and and 650 input, you will get very little bounce. Of course, this is all personal experience screwing around with my RT. I am sure if this was the topic, someone would argue the point... but it's not.

I think you would be happy with a rt custom. Get the ULT though, worth the $22. Hell just buy it form FragTek. Awesome guy, retardedly low prices on those things! May want to look at Nicads body, it is dead sexy. The dallara that is... :rolleyes:

And now a pic of the most envied gun on AO... http://www.deadlywind.com/dallara/my_dallara/12290021.JPG

Duck Hunt
09-14-2004, 07:58 PM
The ULT trigger's PULL is alittle less than the Stock Cocker, and its WIEGHT it dramatically less. I have shot both and you can get a much snappier faster trigger from the ULT.

You can buy cocker add ons to make it faster or shorter such as the Shocktech Bomb 3 way, but you'll end up needing OTHER add ons, and with the mag you get level 10, no more chops!

Sean

trains are bad
09-14-2004, 09:27 PM
I have both an eclipse hinged, oraccle 3wayed cocker and an xvalve mag.

RT to eclipste, the rt is faster, just pulling...barely. Of courste because of the reactivity. The rt pull is a just a bit longer and a bit heavier, with a lot of reactivity. The rt is impossible to shortstroke, the cocker is hard to shortstroke.

Ult, they are about the same speed, and the ult can be shortstroked.

You definately want an highflow adjustable tank, good trigger frame, and trigger stops on a mag.

FragTek
09-14-2004, 09:31 PM
I think you would be happy with a rt custom. Get the ULT though, worth the $22. Hell just buy it form FragTek. Awesome guy, retardedly low prices on those things!

Thanks for the props RT... If interested in purchasing an RT ULE Custom surf over to www.fragtek.com and click on the Products link!