PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Dog is this?

DiSoRdeR
09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I want one, but have no idea what kind it is... Any one know?

Potatoboy
09-14-2004, 08:03 PM
ugly.

SlipknotX556
09-14-2004, 08:05 PM
My Siberian Husky would eat that thing. If you want a dog, get a real dog get a Pitbull, they are the most amazing dogs in the world.

cphilip
Pissed off....

Some kinda mix like Lasa Apso and Pekenese or something is my guess.

DiSoRdeR
ugly.
What? Every one loves puppies :)

DiSoRdeR
09-14-2004, 08:10 PM
If you want a dog, get a real dog get a Pitbull
Like pitbulls, and I like that dog in the pic but I probably wont get one. Really want a great dane. I like that dog in the pic, he looks funny and is pissed off :D

Mango
09-14-2004, 08:10 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/gayfight2.gif

werd

Benfica4ever
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Real dog? Akitas' are real dogs...mine is huge people get so afraid of it but its one of the nicesest most loyal dogs ...to me ;) That dog isent ugly...ithe face its making is freakin awsome haha :rofl:

DiSoRdeR
09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
So it is an Akitas? Never heard of them before.

SlipknotX556
09-14-2004, 08:21 PM
What? Every one loves puppies :)

Thats one ugly puppy. :p

But I would consider a pitbull seriously. Just get one as a puppy and raise it right. I used to frequently go to the local dog pound, to look at the dogs, because it was right next to a reasturant I go to very often. Every time I would walk in, one pitbull always stood out, I kept seeing it every few days, grew to like it. One day I walked in and they said "Would you like to walk her?" I of course jumped on the idea, I took her outside, such a powerfull dog, had more power then my pure breed Siberian. We were walking and she stopped and came next to me and jumped on me and started licking my face, I played with her a good hour. Now, after that day, everytime I would go in, she would stick her paw through the fence as to greet me, I would take her on a walk and play fetch with her. Many people came into that shelter, because its a well known shelter around Palm Beach for having nice dogs. The pitbull I liked had been there for 2 years, people would seem interested then when they would read the paper on her cage that said "Pitbull". the ladys behind the desk said they would turn away. After a period of 6 months going and seeing her atleast 4 times a week, playing with her, I had grown to love her. But my mom said we couldnt have another dog, she liked her to. I went in one day and I went to her cage, she was gone, the lady behind the desk said she was being adopted ask we spoke, so I waited for her new owners to come out. I met them and they were a great family, had 2 kids. I congratulated them, told them they were getting a great family dog, I said my good bye to her, that was the last I saw of her. She treated me better then my runt beagle, who bites my leg, everytime I come home. Sorry for writing this whole long thing, but I just wanted to tell everyone, that Pitbulls are great dogs, even though they are powerful, they are great family dogs, when raised right.

penguinpunk555
09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Needs captions.

SlipknotX556
09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
This is what a real dog looks like....

Lohman446
09-14-2004, 08:35 PM
That is the cutest thing I have seen in awhile.. that top one. Im told its a ****zu

skife
09-14-2004, 08:40 PM
This is what a real dog looks like....

I like them better without their ears cut

SlipknotX556
09-14-2004, 08:46 PM
They look great as puppies to...

mcveighr
09-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Get a chocolate lab, black lab, newfoundland dog or a golden retreiver.

-=Squid=-
09-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Weiner Dog > you

vf-xx
09-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Dog dog dog...

wolf.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19455&stc=1

Well not really, but he looks close.

CasingBill
09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats not a dog!!!....Make sure it doesn't get wet and you don't feed it after midnight!

:D

My 6 mos. old puppy

gimp
09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I couldn't resist. I had to post a picture of my dog. Her name is Leia and she's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. Fierce when she needs to be though. She's bitten a bull moose on my front lawn when it started to walk towards me. She's a mutt. A little shepard, little husky, little bit more too.

Unfortunatly, she's deathly afraid of cameras.

Chronobreak
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
shepheards are the way to go. heres my buddy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/penny.jpg

teufelhunden
09-14-2004, 10:28 PM
:tup: to German Shepards.

And Huskies. Not only because they're cool, but because they're the UConn mascot! w00t!! :shooting:

DiSoRdeR
09-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Thats not a dog!!!....Make sure it doesn't get wet and you don't feed it after midnight!
:spit_take

Right not I have an over weight dalmation and a mini sized black lab(he is full grown) :D Always wanted a great dane or a german shepheard :headbang: And Slipknot I think we get the idea already ;)

Korrosion
09-14-2004, 11:06 PM
shepheards are the way to go. heres my buddy

shepards > all other dogs
:cheers:

lather
09-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Real dog? Akitas' are real dogs...mine is huge people get so afraid of it but its one of the nicesest most loyal dogs ...to me ;) That dog isent ugly...ithe face its making is freakin awsome haha :rofl:

Couldnt agree more....Akitas are one of the toughest, bravest, most loyal dogs on the planet. Have to be careful with them as they can be very dog dominant and can turn most other dogs (pits included) into a quivering mass of fur..

Here is my girl Kuma. She's a bit small for an Akita (65 lbs at 10 months). Males usually get quite a bit bigger and have a broader, almost bear-like shaped head. Females are just as dog dominant as males however, I always have to take extra care when there are other female dogs around..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/766693/Kuma.JPG

brianlojeck
09-14-2004, 11:44 PM
That puppy is "Fluffy: The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Dunno the breed, but he sure is cute...

Big dogs are good, until they get on a destructive streak when they decide they wanted you to stay home that day from work. a small dog won't damage much you can't fix in a weekend.

(yes, I know, a trained dog won't, but all dogs are not born trained, no?)

ScatterPlot
09-14-2004, 11:58 PM
You're all wrong.
Either get a Miniatue Shnauzer or one of those cool dogs that look like a golden retreiver or something but have really short legs :D

Irelandunfree
09-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Guess I have to show off our familys new puppy......

sk8dood
09-15-2004, 08:38 AM
i belive that is a shi tzuor some type of mix with shi tzu in it

fire1811
09-15-2004, 09:15 AM
real dog gettin busy and still wants some beer.

lord1234
09-15-2004, 09:25 AM
fire1811 that is the coolest frickin thing EVER!

here is mine

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/8000/Cute_Cookie_001_8466_rs.jpg

fire1811
09-15-2004, 09:28 AM
fire1811 that is the coolest frickin thing EVER!

yeah there was a lot of beer consumed that day
:D :cheers:

SCpoloRicker
09-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Pit bulls are great.... but have some things ya gotta plan for.

I've helped raise two of them, both rednosed females. There actually great with people, very friendly and affectionate. Good size for most yards, and they go into "sleep/guard/bum around" mode after a few months. They also tend to have a great personality.

However, they are very sensitive to being alone. The ones I have experience with, which admitadly were poorly trained, BOTH would go on a rampage if left alone with no people for virtually ANY amount of time. And if you've never seen a pissed pitbull let you know shes pissed, well, its certainly something.

College dog ate three truck back seats, a loveseat, pulled the carpet up entirely in one bedroom, jumped through plate glass window (x2!), etc, etc. etc.

Newer one has a taste for wooden fences, as well as laundry, which she scatters, cause I think she knows its more annoying.

I'm actually thinking of getting some Daschunds (wiener dogs). Moved to a townhouse, so no yard. Figure the three flights of stairs and having two of em will keep them busy during the day.

Opinions?

SlipknotX556
09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Havent owned a pitbull, but I want one, very badly. Like any of the dogs I have now, the pitbull will be trained as a puppy, did it to my Siberian Husky, like as soon as we got her. She listens to every command, its amazing. No matter what she is doing, if you say "Come Here" she jumps up and runs to you and sits next to you. I have never really liked little dogs, I am more into big dogs with a huge amount of power, thats what I like about pitbulls, they have an extreme amount of loyality. Also, they look so built and they have an amazing face. I would like my pitbull to have pointy ears, like the one I have pictured on the other page, it just adds to their already amazing look.

Get a pitbull DiSoRdeR.

The Frymarker
09-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Lasa Apso/ pekinese mix, could also be a Cavelier.

I had a Lasa, they are a bit nippy and scare easily. Caveliers I have heard are great lap dogs and great with children. They only weigh about 5-10 lbs.

bornl33t
09-15-2004, 03:13 PM
not a dog, it's a trebble Reffer to star trek episode "trouble with tribbles"

DiSoRdeR
09-15-2004, 04:22 PM
That puppy is "Fluffy: The Destroyer Of Worlds"
Yeah thats what it said originally, but cut that part out :D

brianlojeck
09-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I had a Lasa, they are a bit nippy and scare easily.

My mom had a Lhasa when I was a kid. It hated my dad, but was always VERY gentle to me and my infantile brother.

She actually used to run a circuit of the living room when she heard my dad's car pull up, and would keep running until he opened the door, at which point she'd launch through the air and try to bit him on the chin, hit his chest full-force, and walk away like "well, I'll try again tomorrow..."

on the other hand, my brother would crawl over to her and grab two handfulls of fur, and start pulling and laughing. All she would do is lay down and whimper to be rescued.

now I've got Nightmare, the cocker spaniel. Cute, but VERY hyperactive. My wife wanted one, but isn't sure what to do with it, so she's my dog now. These are about 6 months old.

http://www.lojeck.com/nightmare2.jpg

http://www.lojeck.com/nightmare3.jpg

brianlojeck
09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah thats what it said originally, but cut that part out :D

Does that look like a dog who will put up with not being given full credit for his world-destroying? :nono:

brianlojeck
09-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Do you think Fluffy could be an Australian Shepherd?

I've seen slightly older AS puppies, and they have that teddy-bear look about them...

http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/ausshep.cfm

DiSoRdeR
09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Does that look like a dog who will put up with not being given full credit for his world-destroying? :nono:

Ok, ok... heres the original picture :)
http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/killer_dog.jpg

Timmee
09-16-2004, 08:03 AM
It's a critter!! RUN!!!!!!! *

* The above is in reference to the movie, "Critters", and is in no way supposed to represent ANY redneck attributes some claim I have.

fire1811
09-16-2004, 08:08 AM
lol run before it shoots you with one of those damn darts

splatattack33
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
roflmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

whos dog is that fire1811 is that yours??? :rofl:

fire1811
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
i wish the pitbull was mine but its the owner of the house. cant tell from that pics but she is huge, built like a rock. i will try and get another pic from him. The other dog was another guy there(thats also his kid wondering whats going on). its name was DEMON and man did it fit.
that dog tried to hump EVERYTHING.

Benfica4ever
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Couldnt agree more....Akitas are one of the toughest, bravest, most loyal dogs on the planet. Have to be careful with them as they can be very dog dominant and can turn most other dogs (pits included) into a quivering mass of fur..

Here is my girl Kuma. She's a bit small for an Akita (65 lbs at 10 months). Males usually get quite a bit bigger and have a broader, almost bear-like shaped head. Females are just as dog dominant as males however, I always have to take extra care when there are other female dogs around..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/766693/Kuma.JPG
Nice dog, mine is a male and its a beast...about 5 now, and yes they do turn other dogs into little P**sys...mine jumped onto a german shepard a while ago...wrecked it....Good to know that it can do that..im just lucky the other guy dident do anything after it all.

MonsterMag
09-17-2004, 06:01 AM

lol

JimmyBeam
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM

haha Busch light

fire1811
09-17-2004, 10:10 AM
$9.99 for a 30 pack you cant go wrong :cheers:

JimmyBeam
09-17-2004, 10:15 AM
oh i know. i used to drink the hell out of it

Warewolf50
09-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I got two dogs a golden retriever and a blacklab pitbull mix(or atleast thats what we think.

Here are some pics of them doing what they do all day every day.

Warewolf50
09-17-2004, 10:24 AM
haha Busch light

"I got busch and bushlight" I coulndt help throwing in the fam guy joke here.

A lil side trivia can anyone tell me what episode that is out of.

JimmyBeam
09-17-2004, 10:40 AM
now this is a real dog. i will have another one some day. my first one got in a fight with a rattlesnake protecting the house and lost. now that was a sad day.

http://www.bullmastiffsofsteelmaz.com/photos3.jpg

brianlojeck
09-17-2004, 02:09 PM
ah... the Bull Mastiff...

at some point somebody looked and said "You know what? Those Pit Bulls are scary, and dangerous... but don't make you crap your pants fast enough... can we make them really really big? "

;-)

I worked security at a university parking structure for a while. One day we saw a minivan with the window rolled halfway down, and I headed over there to leave one of our courtesy notes "please roll up your windows and lock your doors blah blah blah car theft blah.". I record the license plate, and I'm leaning against the fender writing when I feel something bump my arm. I look over and see THE BIGGEST DOG'S HEAD I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!! This bull mastiff just gently and quietly says "woof.", and I nearly knocked my partner over getting away from that car.

we decided the minivan was pretty secure.

The Action Figure
09-17-2004, 02:19 PM
lord1234's dog owns, I love english springers, got 1 myself

JimmyBeam
09-17-2004, 02:21 PM
theres only one problem with them. if you eat in front of them, they get these shoelace looking things of drool that will hang down 5-10 inches . and when they get too long they will shake em wherever they feel like it

BrockSampson
09-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Here's my "dog"... Aaack!

Chipper
09-17-2004, 08:59 PM
My pups, a black lab, has to be one of the most loyal dogs I have ever had. She always waits for me at the door when she knows its about time for me to get home, and she does this awsome thing when shes really happy where she like wags her entire body.

I would suggest pretty much all the dogs already mentioned but after a while its just what kind of dog you get attached with.

I would get a dog from some kind of pound, I always thing that is a good thing to do. As long as its healthy.

RESCUING DOGS IS COOL!!! :headbang: !!!

Blazestorm
09-18-2004, 12:24 AM
I have the dog in the picture, shihtzu (Without the second H)

Anyway, he's a funny little bugger, I think our's is retarded or something, he'll bark at nothing for no reason and runs into walls a lot.

But he's the most loving dog I've ever seen, I come home from school or just going out and he storms down the stairs and jumps all over me wanting to go outside and play around. He'll wander around the house and just begin to play, I'll have to tape one of our fights (pretty funny) He's the size of a cat but acts like a dog, it's pretty cool.

I like the fact that I can pick him up and carry him somewhere if he's not going to follow, or if we have company over (He doesn't like strangers...)

Here's a pic after We'd had him for 2 weeks (That was almost 2 years ago) He's still about the same size though...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35032&stc=1

-Carnifex-
09-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Nice dog, mine is a male and its a beast...about 5 now, and yes they do turn other dogs into little P**sys...mine jumped onto a german shepard a while ago...wrecked it....Good to know that it can do that..im just lucky the other guy dident do anything after it all.

Wow, great, your dog can attack other non-aggressive dogs and "wreck" them.

lord1234
09-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Benfica4ever

Wow, great, your dog can attack other non-aggressive dogs and "wreck" them.

benfica is one of the reasons that so many people are afraid of pit bulls.

RenagadeOfFunk
09-18-2004, 01:39 PM
looks like a female to me...

tony3
09-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I have a golden retrevier and she is the most loving dog I've ever seen. We got her as a puppy. They are really annoying/lots of work as puppies, but once they are 2ish they are so much better. She is a really strong dog and loves to play. She loves stuffed animals and napkins.

I love her. She is definitely a people dog, you can go outside for 10 minutes and she will act like you were gone for years. She cries and barks when my dad gets home from work or if my brother or sister come home from college. Not many other dogs will do that.

She doesn't like strangers at all though, well, likes women, hates men. She scares most people that come to our door.