PDA

View Full Version : Where is the next years event going to be?

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Tom mention on the stage that we didnt have to worry about rain next year and that it would be exciting next year. does any one have any insight to where that is? Vegas, So. Cali? any bets?

Lets get Manboobs out and Email the snot out of stern and get him into the event. he is always crying to Shatner about how hurt he is about not being invited. lets invite him to play with Tom.

the idea about Bruce Cambel is awsome as well. he has a great following and would provide a new source of fans. lets let him know how interested we are as well. these guys have sites to visit.

we have enough people here so that we cant be ignored!

Screw Manboobs. he is a loser.

Eric

Muzikman
09-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Just from what pacman and Tom said. I assume we are going UNDERGROUND. Either that or Aruba:)

Minnesota111
09-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I say Aruba in Feb.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
aruba? yeah thats sounds like a fan catcher. what is underground?

Eric

RenagadeOfFunk
09-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Just from what pacman and Tom said. I assume we are going UNDERGROUND. Either that or Aruba:)

...Hussain's caves...DuH ! :tard:

warthog2t0
09-15-2004, 06:50 PM
YES! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Darkstorm
09-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Where - ?

However, Stern and Nemoy to take on Shatner would be funny. Maybe we could have some saturday events for those of us that travel to the game.

Gambit1106
09-16-2004, 03:21 AM
There was mention from Pacman about 68 degree weather and no rain and then he stopped. I would still expect them to have it on Labor Day weekend, it just what location with cool weather. I would expect somewhere up north. MN, WI????

Minnesota111
09-16-2004, 11:15 AM
The chances that it will both cool and not raining during labor day in this part of the country is virtually nil. Chicago isn't much warmer that Minnesota/Wisconsin and look at this year.

Tattooedgumby
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
There seems to be a underground paintball field in MO that is in some caves. Anyone local there?

warthog2t0
09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
found it: http://www.jaegers.com/

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
there are more clues out here, i found it, but i was told i would be killd know that i know!!!
Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
There seems to be a underground paintball field in MO that is in some caves. Anyone local there?
it will only hold 80 people at the most and the rest of the place sucks!

Eric

Caffiend
09-16-2004, 06:08 PM
there are more clues out here, i found it, but i was told i would be killd know that i know!!!
Eric

Could something from the place be "out of this world" ? I hope that's vague enough but not too vague for you...

warthog2t0
09-16-2004, 09:42 PM
lets just go to AGD head qauters and jeer pressurs TK into telling us

Trina
09-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't know...but wherever it is... I'm SOOO there!!! :p

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Could something from the place be "out of this world" ? I hope that's vague enough but not too vague for you...
some one is floating around a pic of a baseball stadium in the thread " Well seeing how last years shatner event was 2" or somthig like that.

the stadium is in the city of the state that the game is going to played in!

hey come on play the game, it has to be some fun!

Eric

Caffiend
09-17-2004, 04:11 PM
that's what I was shooting for, the team who plays in the stadium = "out of this world" unless I have the wrong stadium, lol. As long as I'm not deployed like I was for this years :cuss: I'm SOOOOO there. And hopefully draggin a few Voodoo with me :headbang:

gibby
09-17-2004, 04:37 PM
that's what I was shooting for, the team who plays in the stadium = "out of this world" unless I have the wrong stadium, lol. As long as I'm not deployed like I was for this years :cuss: I'm SOOOOO there. And hopefully draggin a few Voodoo with me :headbang:
Hehe! I've heard the same "out of this world" idea too! If so, "let's play ball" can have a new meaning now! ;)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-17-2004, 06:00 PM
not the stadium but the city and state, sorry. unless Tom and and celebrity paintball have that much pull? is that stadium still standing? they dont use it do they?

Eric

Caffiend
09-17-2004, 06:26 PM
haha, nice one gibby

yeah, not the stadium, although that's what my "clues" are referencing. staduim would be waaaaaaaaaay too small. but I hear they know how to throw one helluva paintball event down there :) (the state, not sure if it's the same city)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-17-2004, 06:30 PM
haha, nice one gibby

yeah, not the stadium, although that's what my "clues" are referencing. staduim would be waaaaaaaaaay too small. but I hear they know how to throw one helluva paintball event down there :) (the state, not sure if it's the same city)
yeah the city, they throw the Texas throwdown there, thats pretty big isnt it?

Eric
Not the stadium! LOL

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Pac man did say that it would be 68 degrees? and no rain? that cant be right? is it that cool this time of year in that state?

Eric

AGDlover
09-19-2004, 02:55 PM
its gonna be indoors is all i can say

PirateGent
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM

Wasn't there a former prison used out in the MidWest to play paintball in?

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 05:37 PM
oh come on dont leave us all hanging, what do you know?

we are all over the place here!
Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 05:38 PM
where did you see that, in texas? or other places?

Eric

LaW
09-19-2004, 05:45 PM
it will only hold 80 people at the most and the rest of the place sucks!

Eric

Is that the place in kansas city? If so I didnt get to see the place but I did get to drive around through the caves and if they closed off all the business, and made use of the whole cave area that would be pretty killer ;)

Gambit1106
09-19-2004, 06:11 PM

I know at one point that they were talking about opening up the old Joliet Prison as a paintball park. I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Prison Paintball (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/969114/posts)

Tina
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM

Aruba??? I would have a VERY hard time convincing my husband that I was going to Aruba to play paintball! LOL Course, it could be interesting...playing in bikinis...drinking a shot for every person you splat...we'd all be wasted by noon! Could you see the final battle???

judster
09-19-2004, 06:45 PM
the pic in the other thread is quite right. however there is not 'out of this world' events held there. we have a new football,baseball,basketball stadium here. the image in the pic is not being used for anything, and sits in the parking lot of reliant stadium..across from an amusement park. but alas, i havent any hard evidence supporting that next years event will be held there....i would assume that just the cost of renting it out would make the game pretty expensive...

Tina
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
the pic in the other thread is quite right. however there is not 'out of this world' events held there. we have a new football,baseball,basketball stadium here. the image in the pic is not being used for anything, and sits in the parking lot of reliant stadium..across from an amusement park. but alas, i havent any hard evidence supporting that next years event will be held there....i would assume that just the cost of renting it out would make the game pretty expensive...

I do think it would be expensive to set everything up from scratch. I'd rather it be outdoors. Doesn't matter where to me.

Mike Smith
09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
It won't be at the Astrodome.

The field area isn't big enough and there is no way we could use the entire stadium. I don't think they would like all those seats painted, and the concrete floors would get real slick, real fast.

However, we do have a lot of salt domes underground to our east!

Caffiend
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
I was saying "out of this world" in reference to the Astros, not meaning it was used now. But I'm down with Houston, El Paso would be better though, it's closer :)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 11:02 PM
what do you mean quite right, it is houston, and indoors? the pic is a good clue? ok i am confused, which isnt hard to do to me at this hour!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 11:04 PM
It won't be at the Astrodome.

The field area isn't big enough and there is no way we could use the entire stadium. I don't think they would like all those seats painted, and the concrete floors would get real slick, real fast.

However, we do have a lot of salt domes underground to our east!
any big paintball parks in those domes to the east, are there any parks that can fit the clues given to us by Tom and Pac-Man?

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 11:05 PM
I do think it would be expensive to set everything up from scratch. I'd rather it be outdoors. Doesn't matter where to me.
so would i if it isnt going to big enoug for all of us to have fun. this is getting to be like a part time job!!!

Eric

Mike Smith
09-19-2004, 11:07 PM
No paintball fields in the salt domes.

If I was guessing {I am}, I'd say it would be at an abandoned underground military base, like the one in Colorado, but I'd also bet that I'm wrong....

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 11:12 PM
No paintball fields in the salt domes.

If I was guessing {I am}, I'd say it would be at an abandoned underground military base, like the one in Colorado, but I'd also bet that I'm wrong....
it would have to be an already established paintball field. or it would cost way to much to start a field just for the event. sources do say in texas, but underground, 68degrees and no worry of rain are the clues. you know of any place like that?

there are prisons that are paintball feilds out there, in CA, and one maybe opening in Joliet.

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-19-2004, 11:16 PM
it would have to be an already established paintball field. or it would cost way to much to start a field just for the event. sources do say in texas, but underground, 68degrees and no worry of rain are the clues. you know of any place like that?

there are prisons that are paintball feilds out there, in CA, and one maybe opening in Joliet.

Eric
there are cave feilds out there, but they dont hold many people, 100 at the most. that would leave the fighting tight and messy. never to mind there are alot of people that may never get to play the hard game we like to play just because they cant get it.

Eric

PS, we are REC BALLERS not arena players, this is foolish to do a stadium thing unless it is a huge place. but i trust Tom Kaye 150% and he wont let us down!!!

Mike Smith
09-20-2004, 05:51 AM
It won't be the Astrodome. I did some quick research and the entire dome sits on a little over 9 acres, WAY too small for a Shatnerball event. And the Dome stays at 72 degrees, not 68.

So, constant 68 degrees, no rain, near a major city..... Hmmmmm.......

I got nothing.

Darkstorm
09-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Of course this is on the 68caliber site and not 68degrees.....(but Kevin...Shawn...Kevin) wonder if it is related? It mentions a "celebrity team challenge"

http://www.68caliber.com/news/insider/story04334.php

Caffiend
09-20-2004, 10:18 AM
there are cave feilds out there, but they dont hold many people, 100 at the most. that would leave the fighting tight and messy. never to mind there are alot of people that may never get to play the hard game we like to play just because they cant get it.

Eric

PS, we are REC BALLERS not arena players, this is foolish to do a stadium thing unless it is a huge place. but i trust Tom Kaye 150% and he wont let us down!!!

eric, did you just quote yourself in this post???? :D

and "no need to worry about rain" doesn't have to mean indoors, it just might never rain there, or hardly at all. does texas have a "rainy" season?
Darkstorm, the celebrity challenge talk has been around since Dick Clark Prod. starting looking at X-ball a while back.

Muzikman
09-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I still have a funny feeling. Look at all the undeveloped space.

http://www.marengowarehouse.com/index.html

Pickle
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
The clues are so interesting, yet telling. :cool:

68 degrees is a common temperature in underground facilities. Just the norm. I think Muzikman may be on to something. If it were only further West. :cry:

msprince
09-20-2004, 05:43 PM
We were hinted to us at MXS Valley of Kings (Nevada) this weekend that it would be a LOT closer than Chicago to us. Perhaps closer than we could imagine? California here we come?

Steph
MXS AD
"The Cookie Lady"

Minnesota111
09-20-2004, 06:58 PM
68 degrees and "almost" never rains is much more consistent with California than underground.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-20-2004, 07:34 PM
eric, did you just quote yourself in this post???? :D

and "no need to worry about rain" doesn't have to mean indoors, it just might never rain there, or hardly at all. does texas have a "rainy" season?
Darkstorm, the celebrity challenge talk has been around since Dick Clark Prod. starting looking at X-ball a while back.
Well look at that, Yes i did. see i am losing my mind. i have a feeling this is going to be strange. this whole thing. but hte whole game gettign to the game is fun, i think!!!

Eric

markoger
09-20-2004, 08:36 PM

I have to agree. it would cost way to much to rent an indoor arena and set it up for a scenario game. and the whole point is to raise money for charity, so they might want a place that is a little cheaper. Outside is definately the way to go. Where ever it is I will definately be there. no matter what

Marco

Repoman-gene
09-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Jeagers SubSurface ( http://www.jaegers.com/ ) is in Kansas City,MO and they only use a small portion of the the caves.The cave network there is HUGE!!!! but they would have to re-open the areas not used anymore,they only use a small portion.

now the last time I was there the fields in use were simple standup walls and small buildings but with a little time the caves could really be filled up with props and structures.

the staging area was small,but the main entance was LARGE and LONG so staging could be done no problem and parking was ample outside the caves.

I didn't see anyplace that would support camping OR RV's.

I like the look of the other underground better except the floor, Jeagers has a dirt floor.

LaW
09-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Jeagers SubSurface ( http://www.jaegers.com/ ) is in Kansas City,MO and they only use a small portion of the the caves.The cave network there is HUGE!!!! but they would have to re-open the areas not used anymore,they only use a small portion.

now the last time I was there the fields in use were simple standup walls and small buildings but with a little time the caves could really be filled up with props and structures.

the staging area was small,but the main entance was LARGE and LONG so staging could be done no problem and parking was ample outside the caves.

I didn't see anyplace that would support camping OR RV's.

I like the look of the other underground better except the floor, Jeagers has a dirt floor.

There is plenty of camping just 5-15 minutes north of jaegers I believe. I make trips down to kansas city every year for a disc golf tournament and those caves are fun to drive around in ;) the smell is just crazy though and its great when you can feel them blasting through the rocks!!!

Nrtheastah
09-21-2004, 10:02 AM
But, would Jaegers accommodate the numbers that Shatnerball has been seeing? It would be unfortunate if you came and only got to play a portion of the day due to having to split the main group up into smaller groups.

LaW
09-21-2004, 10:04 AM
But, would Jaegers accommodate the numbers that Shatnerball has been seeing? It would be unfortunate if you came and only got to play a portion of the day due to having to split the main group up into smaller groups.

I personally have never seen the place myself... My guess is that it probably wouldnt, but if you like just closed down everything else in there ;) its plenty huge haha The caves are 56 degrees though all the time so a little cold. I think the field can only accommodate around 100-200 players unless you open up the rest of the mines and start building more stuff!!! But thats highly unlikely

Nrtheastah
09-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I agree with you that it probably wouldn't accommodate the numbers that will most likely show up. It still looks like a cool place to play, though!

Regardless of where it will be, I will still come to play.

Tina
09-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Well, I for one would rather have it in an outdoor paintball field that is already outfitted and large enough for elbow room. Granted, we did have quite the heatwave in Joliet this year (and I can attest to that as I nearly passed out on Saturday), but most game play was in the woods and that gave us cover from the direct sun. As for rain being a possibility, a little water never hurt anyone.

Nrtheastah
09-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Tina,

Yes, I would also prefer an outdoor venue as I think that as big as some of the indoor places are, they still won’t allow for as many active players as are likely to be in attendance.

As I will go wherever the event will take place, I was looking forward to Joliet for a couple of reasons. The first is that I used to live on the South Side (Marquette Park, Calumet City) and was looking forward to spending some extra time visiting old friends and places. The second is that I used to play at Doc James Outdoor Games in Wilmington, which is not that far from Joliet, back in the mid 80’s. What could be better than a rented Nelspot, some 12-Gram CO2 cartridges jangling in your pocket, and several 10-shot tubes of paint! Unfortunately, I don’t believe that the field exists anymore.

While I prefer the sunshine, I have also played my fair share of games in the rain. Fogging masks, melting ammunition, limited visibility – but still fun!

Repoman-gene
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Well I feel that if we want to see this game start to grow rather than shrink it will need to be ADVERTISED much sooner than it was this year.

Now I understand that there is a group of people that follow these events but the average player does not and needs to be hit in the face with add’s in his monthly magazines. I don’t believe we will see numbers like we did year one without it, even year two had bigger numbers.

As far as the Stern thing goes, he would be able to really pump the game on a national scene but he doesn’t strike me AT ALL as a guy who would be into the Dirt/Effort/Pain involved with a game like this. I remember the first game Manboobs had syndication in Detroit but was kicked a few weeks near the game date and lost that market for players…..I am not sure how he is doing nationwide but if you can’t stay in Detroit with your brand of toilet talk then I question his pull toward a game, I don’t remember seeing his crew of local players this year( but I might have missed them)

I'm there no matter the location, and I am sure that alot of people say the same, but we will not be a large enough group to keep this thing alive. We need fresh blood every year.

Nrtheastah
09-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I doubt that Howard Stern would ever participate in something like this. However, I can see Ted Nugent doing so. Unfortunately we can’t ask Maurice Gibb to participate as sadly, he passed away last year. He was big into paintball.

Darkstorm
09-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Turns out the rumor is Pacman went went to LA right after the Shatner event and might have gone through the Bay Area to get there. Interesting enough, Moffett field is in San Jose. The place is a huge airstation that is only somewhat used. It never rains in San Jose and weather is normally cool. Also, Palmer is in Sacramento.

Pacman is of course the guy that pulled-off the Mount event at Camp Blanding.

Nrtheastah
09-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Instead of Howard Stern, what about inviting Paul Teutul Sr. and Jr. from Orange County Choppers? Those of you who watch their show on Discovery would probably agree that they would be great on the paintball field.

Let’s talk about promotion. Not only would they help promote our event, but they would probably use the event on their show as well. Seems to me like a match made in heaven.

Forget about the Howard Stern thing. As big a fan as I am of his, I don’t believe that he would show up as he has too many detractors who might use the opportunity to bash him, verbally and physically.

Who here knows Tom Kay and could suggest that he contact the Teutle’s to ask them if they are interested in such a thing?

Just a thought.

Timmee
09-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Instead of Howard Stern, what about inviting Paul Teutul Sr. and Jr. from Orange County Choppers? Those of you who watch their show on Discovery would probably agree that they would be great on the paintball field.

Let’s talk about promotion. Not only would they help promote our event, but they would probably use the event on their show as well. Seems to me like a match made in heaven.

Forget about the Howard Stern thing. As big a fan as I am of his, I don’t believe that he would show up as he has too many detractors who might use the opportunity to bash him, verbally and physically.

Who here knows Tom Kay and could suggest that he contact the Teutle’s to ask them if they are interested in such a thing?

Just a thought.

I love that show, but I think that I'd be afraid of Sr.

Minnesota111
09-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I agree, Sr. would be a bit intimidating. I'd also be afraid of what he'd say about the disorganization of my airsmith box. :dance:

Repoman-gene
09-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Please keep that ultra-trendy stuff away from the game...everything and the kitchen sink nowadays is sporting a Maltesse cross for crying out load.

every day I wake up I am glad I put off that Tattoo back in 88.....

maybe we can get lucky and find Celebs that will use the game to PLAY/FUNDRAISER and not to work his/her political AGENDA/PROPAGANDA.

Tina
09-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Okay...wherever it is...I think we should ALL hit a club Friday night and take it over with paintballers. Whoohooo! I mean, it's great getting together with a select few, but could you imagine a room full of us??? What say you??? Hoooyaaaaa!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Okay...wherever it is...I think we should ALL hit a club Friday night and take it over with paintballers. Whoohooo! I mean, it's great getting together with a select few, but could you imagine a room full of us??? What say you??? Hoooyaaaaa!
that may happen at the AONE6 game in Cape Cod, to bad you are not comming. we are going to flood a IHOP, GOD have mercy on wait staff there!

Eric

SeeK
09-23-2004, 11:09 PM
The number one thing we need is a location and date. Let's look at a typical timeline:

3 months lead time for magazines.
3 months for the initial word to spread.
3 months pump up before the date.

That's 9 months which is about right for everyone to start saving and requesting vacation time.

As for location:
If we want to attract more celebrities the event will need to be much closer to LA. The date of the event is around the same time as the new TV season so they need to get out to promote their shows and so probably won't be able to spend a couple of days for an event. Closer to them the better because it's then maybe a full day but then not much flying across the country.

68 degrees seems to be a clue that it's underground or a dome but let's assume we plan for 1500 players That's a very large group for even 100 acres so I can't imagine an underground location that would be that large that's not a salt mine like they use for archival storage.

Even if it were a more reasonable 150 acres that's still a lot of stuff to clean up afterwards so I'm pretty sure you aren't going to hose it down, set up structures and then illuminate it.

Paintballs won't biodegrade without some moisture eventually coming so outdoor seems more likely.

Anybody know anything about growing plants? Those clues sound like cool growing grapes or something.

Mike Smith
09-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Geez... Too bad we don't have any computer geeks around here.

If we did, he/she could set up some sort of an internet search to key in on locations that meet the size required for lots of players, a constant 68 degrees, and no rain clues...

Oh well.... Anyone have a "geek" friend?

Minnesota111
09-24-2004, 07:54 AM
I must know. The voices are getting too loud and my meds are running low. Someone get the pliers and blow-torches and have a "conversation" with someone in the know. I'd do it myself, but this darn anklet is too hard to remove. Please help a psychotic-raging-nut job get through one more day. :tard: :tard: :tard: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

Nrtheastah
09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Please keep that ultra-trendy stuff away from the game...everything and the kitchen sink nowadays is sporting a Maltesse cross for crying out load.

every day I wake up I am glad I put off that Tattoo back in 88.....

maybe we can get lucky and find Celebs that will use the game to PLAY/FUNDRAISER and not to work his/her political AGENDA/PROPAGANDA.

I agree that there seems to be a lot of “jumping on the bandwagon” so to speak, but what you have to keep in mind is that even charity is a business. Many celebrities do things for charity when it suits their purposes. Many of these details are not publicized but it does happen. Celebrities look for photo opportunities and other such things to further their own projects.

Now, that having been said, having those celebrities take part in these kinds of events does help by attracting more attention to the charity in question. If hundreds more players take part because of the participation of certain individuals, then the purpose was served. I like their show and think they would be awesome on the course.

In this case, the charity is served, the celebrity in question gets more promotion, everyone has a great time – what is the harm?

I also agree with you in that it would be nice to find individuals who would just do it for the greater good without any self-promotion. But, in the business world, many won’t do things unless there is something in it for them. It’s just the way it is. Who knows, maybe the Teutle’s would do it for the fun of it and to support the charity, I don’t know. I do know however that when approaching individuals for this kind of thing, it doesn’t hurt to make it even more attractive for their participation. In their case, the Discovery show sometimes spotlights what they do on the outside, and this would make a great addition to an upcoming show. This also serves the purpose here as it would expose more individuals to the charities in question. Think about it, how many more people would get to hear about the Hundred Club or Ahead With Horses, that would normally have never heard of them?

By the way, I’d also hope to be on Sr.’s team! :headbang:

Just a thought.

Minnesota111
09-24-2004, 09:29 AM
I wonder what would happen if OCC and Bud Orr squared off with each other.

Rebel46_99
09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
If I remember correctly, in one of their shows OCC took a day off and went to a local PB field to unwind.

DW

Nrtheastah
09-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Cool! I'll have to check out the DVD's and see if I can find that one.

Thanks!

SuperDanny
09-24-2004, 01:50 PM
I remember last year. We were trying to get information for Spplat Attack II... It was tough! The one who shall remain nameless. But his initials were JJ. Trying to contact him was like pulling teeth.

I'd love to get my hands on some sort of promotional documentation. Stuff I can give out at Con's & stuff. Star Trek or otherwise. The more info, the better.

Believe it or not, there are Star Trek guys out there that will play. There was little or not promotion for Shatnerball III. Heck, a downloadable flyer would help a lot.

The number one thing we need is a location and date. Let's look at a typical timeline:

3 months lead time for magazines.
3 months for the initial word to spread.
3 months pump up before the date.

That's 9 months which is about right for everyone to start saving and requesting vacation time.

Meph
09-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Not a bad idea.

I'll just take a drive down route17 and go visit them! They are afterall fellow New Yorkers. Not exactly a long distance away. Plus I have a friend picking up a custom bike he placed a while ago, figure kill 2 birds one stone.

warthog2t0
09-24-2004, 07:13 PM
ok how aboot OCC Vs. WCC!

SeeK
09-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Geez... Too bad we don't have any computer geeks around here.

If we did, he/she could set up some sort of an internet search to key in on locations that meet the size required for lots of players, a constant 68 degrees, and no rain clues...

Oh well.... Anyone have a "geek" friend?

I was thinking more of a green thumb friend. IF it's outdoors the US is mapped into growing zone numbers on the back of seed packages but I haven't seen any lately.

Those conditions are also the perfect conditions for record storage but this place is only 28 acres.
http://www.uvsinc.com/oursites.html

I forgot to also mention that they might push up the date so that it's not during the school year.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-25-2004, 08:53 AM
hey tina, did you get all my messages are you still mad at me???

hate to piss off the onll true source of info here!

:cry:
Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-25-2004, 09:10 AM
you know that Clair and the others are looking to throw some HUGE party for after the game in Cape Cod so get out here and join us!!!

Eric

Tina
09-25-2004, 09:12 AM
hey tina, did you get all my messages are you still mad at me???

hate to piss off the onll true source of info here!

:cry:
Eric

I'm not mad at you! Silly boy!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm not mad at you! Silly boy!
i am chasing you from one thread to another, thats good, come to cape cod and party with us!!!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
09-25-2004, 09:17 AM
i just left you a post on tyhe other thread too!

Eric

dv8withn8
11-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Been a while since I've posted! Thought I'd check up on the boards and started reading about the Shatnerball event. Sounded like a blast. Thankfully school is almost up and I'll have the opportunity to go to one of these in the future.

As far as Jaeger's goes for a field choice I wouldn't recommend it. I'm from Kansas City originally and played there a couple times back in the day... Was ok but i remember the employees being less than helpful, the caves are kinda cramped for a large amount of people an event like this would have, and it being pretty expensive in comparison to one of my favorite fields, Kansas City Paintball Field (It's a small operation near Lee's Summit but was always fun). Of course this was about 3 or 4 years ago. But hey. :P

BradAGD
11-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I know where it's proposed to be but I can't say...sorry. Had to say that. even know some of the celebs being talked to.

Trust me, going to be cool.

Pickle
11-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Is there anyway that a hint of general location will be. My team would love to go and we are alredy making plans for next year's schedule. Having this up in the air so much makes it difficult :(

BradAGD
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Everything should be firmed up and announced by the Texas Throwdown in a few weeks. Can you wait that long?

If I say a general location, the cat's of of the bag.

sorry

Cyberious
11-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Just Throwing this out...
What about Roswell, New Mexico?
That would kind of fit the "out of this world" comment.
Also I think the mean temperature around labor day there is 65-70 degrees and the average rainfall in the month of September is something like 1.87 inches which isn't much.

Although I don't know that Roswell is a major city.

Caffiend
11-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Everything should be firmed up and announced by the Texas Throwdown in a few weeks. Can you wait that long?

It's going to be tough to wait til the first week of December, is there a support group I can join? :) If it's anywhere near Arizona, I'm there

Pickle
11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
BradAGD,

Is there even a date yet? I have to put in my 2005 vacation request before December 01, 2004.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-20-2004, 12:04 AM

If I say a general location, the cat's of of the bag.

sorry
we had a good wrap on where it is going to be already. not that thrilled, but fgured it out a few weeks after the chicago event. but as we are devoted to Tom Kaye, we will be there to show support. i hope we are wrong because it wasnt a good idea but Pacman spilt the beans along time ago.

the answers are in the threads guys!

eric

Caffiend
11-20-2004, 02:12 AM
BradAGD,

Is there even a date yet? I have to put in my 2005 vacation request before December 01, 2004.

Pickle, I think it's been the same date every year. The first weekend in September, that's Labor day right?

Eric, is the place still out of this world?

Caffiend
11-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Is anyone elses thread borders jacked up starting around post #65 and getting worse and worse from there?

Tina
11-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Pickle, I think it's been the same date every year. The first weekend in September, that's Labor day right?

Eric, is the place still out of this world?

The event is always held on Labor Day Weekend.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Good to see you here after all this time oh wise one, how have you been. poor lost souls being jerked around again i see uh?

LOL
Eric

Tina
11-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Good to see you here after all this time oh wise one, how have you been. poor lost souls being jerked around again i see uh?

LOL
Eric

LOL Hi Eric! Good to see you as well! There has been some interesting news about the location recently, but I am very much sworn to silence. At any rate, be it Timbuckto or Bumf***egypt, I'll be there. :)

Pickle
11-20-2004, 02:04 PM

Thank you

Is anyone elses thread borders jacked up starting around post #65 and getting worse and worse from there?

Yep

siloseven
12-07-2004, 01:38 AM
:headbang: just signing up for notification.

Paladin
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
LOL Hi Eric! Good to see you as well! There has been some interesting news about the location recently, but I am very much sworn to silence. At any rate, be it Timbuckto or Bumf***egypt, I'll be there. :)

Pretty certain it won't be in Egypt. ;)

In a meeting last Monday, access to the location sounds promising but it looks like about the end of January before anything can/will be solidly confirmed.
Keep your fingers crossed for a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's going to be HUGE.

Pickle
12-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Thank you Glen. From almost anyone else I wouldn't be excited. I know Caltrop Guerrillas are looking for an excuse for a paintball road trip. We have actually got our spouses to sign on!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Pretty certain it won't be in Egypt. ;)

In a meeting last Monday, access to the location sounds promising but it looks like about the end of January before anything can/will be solidly confirmed.
Keep your fingers crossed for a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's going to be HUGE.
yeah thanks Glen, ill save a shot in the A** for you at the event! LOL
Nothing like stringing us along!!!!!
Texas we have, narrow that down some please!!!
Eric

BradAGD
12-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Glen,
Glad you liked the location...should be interesting if they can get permission to do it there.

No more hints, you'll just have to wait.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Glen,
Glad you liked the location...should be interesting if they can get permission to do it there.

No more hints, you'll just have to wait.
They are still talking about the Dome?

Eric
Thats going to be strange?

Mike Smith
12-11-2004, 06:01 AM
If it is at the Dome, It will be a huge speedball game. The floor of the Dome is only 6-7 acres. {Way too small for a 1000 people.}

Glickman
12-12-2004, 07:32 PM
with this speedball "threat" overhead, will we be able to use tanks?

i hope all this money i saved up isnt going to waste :(

warthog2t0
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
a dome! that sounds stupid

Paladin
12-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Speedball is not part of the current planning.

Mike Smith
12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
OK, the Astrodome is out.

There is a huge unused underground facility in Waxahachie, TX, where the Super Collider was abandoned...

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Speedball is not part of the current planning.
Does that mean that the Dome is out too?

come on Glenn, give it to us, you know you want to!!!!!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
OK, the Astrodome is out.

There is a huge unused underground facility in Waxahachie, TX, where the Super Collider was abandoned...
Great Pic, and that place would be awsome, it looks great from the sites that show it, but what are chances they wouls let a bunch of us run around there?

look into it from TEXAS?

Eric

Paladin
12-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm sure everyone will get the word just as soon as a site is confirmed.
No further details are available at this time. :p

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm sure everyone will get the word just as soon as a site is confirmed.
No further details are available at this time. :p
Nice and Proffesional
YOUR KILLING ME!
Eric

webmstrk9
12-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Glenn is such a tease! :) Oh well, lets keep the rumors 'flying'!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Glenn is such a tease! :) Oh well, lets keep the rumors 'flying'!
I agree KEEP um flying, we will get it!!!

it is a game now, to find out before they release it!!!
Eric

warthog2t0
12-12-2004, 10:49 PM
i say they have it on the moon!

Muzikman
12-12-2004, 11:12 PM
OMG! Playing in a Particle accelerator would be cool as anything!

siloseven
12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
maybe the motor speedway? I don't know how big it is though. we also have a horse track, two indoor sports centers and the Cowboys and Rangers stadums.

those are all here in the Dallas area though.

I give a guess it is going to be in or around Houston, San Antonio, or Dallas.

There is also miles of farm land not 20min outside of Dallas. and I don't know much of San Antone or Houston.

but if there are any things you would like me to guess at in Dallas that pertain to certin things, like indoor and 1000 people - for Dallas, probably the American Airlines center.

Mike Smith
12-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Outside on Labor Day is out in Texas. It doesn't fit the hints (No rain and 68 temp).

What might fit and is available is one of the Enron buildings in downtown. Of course, I wouldn't look forward to climbing 40 stories worth of stairs, but it would be "huge"!

Another indoor option is the convention center. It has enough "floor space" to work, but I don't see them letting us get their carpeting full of paint.

None of the stadiums will work. They do not have enough ground space for the anticipated amount of people.

Pickle
12-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Texas we have, narrow that down some please!!!

Did I miss where the Texas location was confirmed?

Mike Smith
12-13-2004, 07:52 AM
What other state has 10 gallon hats {That was one of the clues}...

Tina
12-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Does it really matter where to the hard core paintballers? Nah...they'll go anywhere. And I'll follow my Captain.

Still, I'd rather not have to take out a loan for the trip, eh?

Repoman-gene
12-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I think the location will matter to ALOT of players...there are many scenario players that view these games as more than just a paintfest. The campground/day/nights before the game become part of the whole weekend and they look forward to the downtime with friends that they only get to see a few times a year.

I hope it will not be a domed speedball type event,but I don't think it will be...

webmstrk9
12-13-2004, 12:54 PM
well for sure the enron buildings would be out of it, unless Chevron and Citgo(not sure if theyre an occupant now) want their cubes painted.

So being a lazy arse that I am, could someone post with all the clues?

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, Pacman said something about 60 (some) degree weather and no rain at the end of last years event.

Someone in the know (or so I think they are) said to bring a 10 Gallon hat. So that would assume Texas.

No, I assume, which you know what happens when you do, that... it wiill be held over Labor Day again.

60 *some degrees + No Rain + Texas + Labor Day = ?????

Minnesota111
12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
This is completely against tradition, but it's just a thought. Is there a specific reason Shatnerball is always held over Labor Day? I realize that the extra day gives people more travel time and time to recover, but I wonder how many players we are missing due to family trips, college move-ins, busy weekend for PB business owners/staff, etc. I've made it to 2 of the 3 events, but its been difficult because of these types of problems. Dates obviously can't be changed for this year, but is it something that should be examined long-term? Any thoughts?

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-13-2004, 09:11 PM
maybe the motor speedway? I don't know how big it is though. we also have a horse track, two indoor sports centers and the Cowboys and Rangers stadums.

those are all here in the Dallas area though.

I give a guess it is going to be in or around Houston, San Antonio, or Dallas.

There is also miles of farm land not 20min outside of Dallas. and I don't know much of San Antone or Houston.

but if there are any things you would like me to guess at in Dallas that pertain to certin things, like indoor and 1000 people - for Dallas, probably the American Airlines center.
See nowthe dogs are loooooossssseeeeee, go and geeeeetttttttt uuuuummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I think the location will matter to ALOT of players...there are many scenario players that view these games as more than just a paintfest. The campground/day/nights before the game become part of the whole weekend and they look forward to the downtime with friends that they only get to see a few times a year.

I hope it will not be a domed speedball type event,but I don't think it will be...

Well Said, it is time to start planning. Besides Tina, it si easy for you to say when you already know where is it is going to be!!!!!

Eric
PS, we could use the good news around here, Tom said he would be there!

Conan59er
12-16-2004, 08:53 AM
"Out of this world"
Cowboy hat = Texas
68° + No rain = indoors
Large enough for 1000+ people = not your average warehouse

Anybody think NASA has an old hanger their not using? :confused:

Nothing like rampant speculation, huh?

See you guys on the beach in Galveston!!! :cheers:

(Of course, it could just be in San Diego. With alot of Texans flown in.)

Chad
Houston, TX

Recon by Fire
12-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I heard it will be close to Houston :)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I heard it will be close to Houston :)
Ok, we are digging in old holes here, houston we have, texas is a given, out of the world is still a mystery and 68 degrees is still a wonder. so being you are there, lets find somthing new here, it is time!!!!

Eric, lets get um!!!

Recon by Fire
12-16-2004, 11:00 PM
If this is supposed to be indoor, I would have to guess the Astroarena (not Astrodome) or there was an underground nuke shelter that was for sale a few years ago north of Houston around Montgomery.

"On a hilltop in Montgomery, Texas stands the modern reminisce of a fortress and enormous underground Atomic Bomb Shelter, beneath a driedup lake, that would house over 1000 people who could live in comfort for a period of one year. The story about this facility, and its creator Louis C. K'ung is filled with intrigue, wonderment and fascination. The facility was named "The Westland Oil Development Company" and housed in an ultramodern fourstory building guarded by two twostory high Chinese Pagodas with machine gun turrets, a small army and employees that carried shotguns. "Louie" K'ung was an illustrious character who came to America, with an estimated 100million dollars, from the progeny of an aristocracy, crime syndicate and revolutionary family that shaped China into its presentday image in the modern day world."

"In PART THREE we will be extremely specific in describing the Louis C. K'ung fortress and underground Atomic Bomb Shelter on top of the highest hill in Montgomery County, Texas just south of Havens Landing Resort on Texas State Highway105."

READ MORE ABOUT THE COMPLEX (http://www.montgomerycountynews.net/walden10-06-04.htm)

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 11:24 PM
If this is supposed to be indoor, I would have to guess the Astroarena (not Astrodome) or there was an underground nuke shelter that was for sale a few years ago north of Houston around Montgomery.

READ MORE ABOUT THE COMPLEX (http://www.montgomerycountynews.net/walden10-06-04.htm)
NOW THATS NEW HOLE!

hey with thjis kinda digging, we will get there soon, do you hear anything out there about them doing anything aout that place, it is possible, Black Cat jys used a Military instilation for a game and it was the GAME of the year!!!

Keep running!!!

ERIC

Glickman
12-16-2004, 11:28 PM
maybe a little attack and defend? that would be awsome :D

it sounds too close quarters for paintball though

itll probably end up in the last place we can think of :rolleyes:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 11:41 PM
We cant give up though, keep digging, we will get it!!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
you all would be suprised how many people know where it is, they just arent telling!!!

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 11:46 PM
maybe a little attack and defend? that would be awsome :D

it sounds too close quarters for paintball though

itll probably end up in the last place we can think of :rolleyes:
I agree the collander idea was better, it will be good, just want to get it soon!

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Keep trying to get a Shatner4 thread started as well.

Eric

Repoman-gene
12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Not sure if these pics will help or hinder...but they ARE of the SSD complex.

http://www.hep.net/ssc/new/gifarchive/tn/

I just read that the SSD tunnels are full of water? still cannot find a ACTUAL tunnel layout of the SSD...yet.

siloseven
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM

"On a hilltop in Montgomery, Texas stands the modern reminisce of a fortress and enormous underground Atomic Bomb Shelter, beneath a driedup lake, that would house over 1000 people who could live in comfort for a period of one year. The story about this facility, and its creator Louis C. K'ung is filled with intrigue, wonderment and fascination. The facility was named "The Westland Oil Development Company" and housed in an ultramodern fourstory building guarded by two twostory high Chinese Pagodas with machine gun turrets, a small army and employees that carried shotguns. "Louie" K'ung was an illustrious character who came to America, with an estimated 100million dollars, from the progeny of an aristocracy, crime syndicate and revolutionary family that shaped China into its presentday image in the modern day world."

"In PART THREE we will be extremely specific in describing the Louis C. K'ung fortress and underground Atomic Bomb Shelter on top of the highest hill in Montgomery County, Texas just south of Havens Landing Resort on Texas State Highway105."

That sounds pretty close if not it. up here we get little to no rain around here at that time, and someone was right, indoor places around here (dallas) arnt looking good, but I'm not Ft.Worth familiar but my teammates are and they can't think of something to fit the clues.
We'll keep digging.

Recon by Fire
12-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, if my guess turns out to be correct. I just have one question, what do I win!? :dance:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Well, if my guess turns out to be correct. I just have one question, what do I win!? :dance:
the honor and hte pride of knowing you figured it before they told you!!!

LOL
Eric
hey these are good guesses, i like the super col. but under water right now is crappy, the other place?

any word on NASA?

Recon by Fire
12-18-2004, 12:21 AM
JSC/NASA does have some pretty large "sheds" to hold an event indoors. But 68 degress in Texas during september has to be underground somewhere or some awful good air conditioning! NASA would be cool though, that is less than a 10 minute drive for me :)

jewie27
12-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I hope it's in So-Cal. After all we do have a lot of feilds here. I just met Bill Shatner at my work last week.

SSMercury
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Not sure if these pics will help or hinder...but they ARE of the SSD complex.

http://www.hep.net/ssc/new/gifarchive/tn/

I just read that the SSD tunnels are full of water? still cannot find a ACTUAL tunnel layout of the SSD...yet.

As far as I know, when they abandoned the SSC project (ran over funding, then DoE cut funding), they filled in the track they did have with dirt.

A real pity they abandoned the project, could have been a great contribution to particle physics.

There never was a complete tunnel layout, since they never finished it, but it was just a circle.

Glickman
12-19-2004, 02:24 AM
shatner will sabotage everyone by turning on the particle accelerator, grab a plastic talon, and shoot everyone :D

maybe a rented out football stadium as a centerpiece? or some other climate controlled place as a center of control/field

Eric Of Extreme Measures
12-19-2004, 02:28 AM
shatner will sabotage everyone by turning on the particle accelerator, grab a plastic talon, and shoot everyone :D

maybe a rented out football stadium as a centerpiece? or some other climate controlled place as a center of control/field
the whole stadium idea we hope is dead, that would be a huge speed ball game. it will be somthing else. i hope indoors dont mess up the tanks guys?

Eric

Glickman
12-19-2004, 03:11 AM
the whole stadium idea we hope is dead, that would be a huge speed ball game. it will be somthing else. i hope indoors dont mess up the tanks guys?

Eric
i was thinking like have both teams fight to get into the stadium, who knows though

judster
12-19-2004, 09:37 AM

Eric
no it would not be a huge speedball event. you have to keep in mind that there is more to the dome then just the field. all the walkways are accessable by huge ramps that tanks can go up and down to the mulitble levels. there are the 'behind the scenes' areas like the players dressing rooms, conference rooms, offices. just because there is just the field visable doesnt mean that would be the only place to play.
and for the record i do know where it is taking place.
just food for thought ;)

siloseven
12-19-2004, 05:32 PM
do you guys think a big office building would be out? like one with a bunch of storys. I know that would abanden the tank guys, but still might be likely cuz there are alot of good choices here with empty highrise office buildings.

and are we sure it wont be at a existing field? cuz I know there is one field here that would be likly to hold it, but it dosn't fit the 60?* clue. but then again, it is around high 60's* and mid 70's* at that time, on avrage.

Richter
12-22-2004, 12:32 AM
There used to be and indoor field in downtown ft worth back in the day that was on the street level of a building: it was next to some rail road tracks. beets me if it is still there.

Did anyone see the dollar tree warehouse on the way to challenge park? If the event was in a warehouse that big i could see playing in it with a thousand people.

siloseven
12-22-2004, 01:57 AM
There used to be and indoor field in downtown ft worth back in the day that was on the street level of a building: it was next to some rail road tracks. beets me if it is still there.

Did anyone see the dollar tree warehouse on the way to challenge park? If the event was in a warehouse that big i could see playing in it with a thousand people.

that was Ultimate Paintball in a 8-11 story building and no it went out of bizness cuz they never cleaned it so it smelled like dog.......

Tyger
01-06-2005, 07:28 AM
**Hits thread with defib. paddles** CLEAR! **THUMP!**

Ok, seriously...

ANY idea to when an announcement will be made to location of this event? I kinda need to start saving NOW if it's out of the 'region' here. I kinda owe doctors a LOT of money... (Somewhere around... too much.... Surgery is kinda a pain in the wallet when your insurance sucks) ...SOooooo if I'm going to Shatner 4, I need to really know where it is so I can start making the deals I can....

At least a clue? Hit me with that clue-by-4?

-Tyger

Glickman
01-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Ok, seriously...

ANY idea to when an announcement will be made to location of this event? I kinda need to start saving NOW if it's out of the 'region' here. I kinda owe doctors a LOT of money... (Somewhere around... too much.... Surgery is kinda a pain in the wallet when your insurance sucks) ...SOooooo if I'm going to Shatner 4, I need to really know where it is so I can start making the deals I can....

-Tyger

someone mentioned texas...

they just love tourturing us coasters :D

MonsterMag
01-06-2005, 08:16 PM
So
When ?
Were?
is it gonna be held? My and Dj89 might come down :dance:

Glickman
01-06-2005, 08:27 PM
So
When ?
Were?
is it gonna be held? My and Dj89 might come down :dance:

well
1- so far its always on labor day weekend
2- noone has the slighest clue. for all we know? alaska..

Tina
01-10-2005, 08:06 AM

Ok, seriously...

-Tyger

You okay Tyger?

Tyger
01-10-2005, 10:06 AM
You okay Tyger?

That's 'debatable'....

Paladin
01-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Tyger's OK, he's just not wrapped too tight. :rofl:

Tyger
01-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Joke is that if I *were* wrapped tighter I wouldn't be in the current predicament that I'm in....

Hey Glenn! my back is MUCH better now!

Tina
01-10-2005, 12:14 PM
That's 'debatable'....

LOL Smartass. I know you're a tad touched in the head. Just wanted to make sure all your...uh... physical parts were still in the right place and working properly. (they neuter cats around here, ya know!) ;)

Jazkal
01-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Why are they keeping the location such a mystery? I would think it would be in their interest to let everyone know early so that plans can be made. Do they do this every year? If so, when did they announce the location last year?

Paladin
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
The location will certainly be disclosed very shortly after being solidly confirmed.
Something that both Shatner and MXS want as much as you do.

Pickle
02-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I suppose I understnad the need for secrecy on this, however, we are firming up our calendar for this year and it is getting very, very, very (perhaps too) close.

I don't see anything wrong with the following post, "We are trying very hard to have the game at mystery location zulu. However, things are not firm at this point so don't ink it in."

Paladin
02-01-2005, 09:15 AM
You kind of have to trust that everyone involved in bringing it together is anxious for confirmation too. The logistics involved in producing such an event are enormous and they want to get started as soon as possible.

Previos Shatner events have all been on Labor Day weekend and that remains as the goal for this year too. However, even that is not yet a certainty, yet.

If nothing is said until everything is confirmed, no one gets hurt.

kevdupuis
02-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Any news yet Glen.

Paladin
02-19-2005, 07:19 AM
The last words that I got on the subject were,
"Still got lotsa work to do on the Shatner game, everything is still pending."

MedicDVG
02-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Previos Shatner events have all been on Labor Day weekend and that remains as the goal for this year too. However, even that is not yet a certainty, yet.

If nothing is said until everything is confirmed, no one gets hurt.

If you change the date -- no one will show up. I am in the same boat as most as I have to get vacation requests, travel planed, funds raised, ASAP. Not knowing where, and now not knowing WHEN, is really going to put a crimp in my planning schedule possibly to the point where I can not attend. I am sure that rings true for a great many folks here.

PLEASE let us know ANYHTING as soon as possible!!!!!!

jamescell
02-19-2005, 12:49 PM
If you change the date -- no one will show up. I am in the same boat as most as I have to get vacation requests, travel planed, funds raised, ASAP. Not knowing where, and now not knowing WHEN, is really going to put a crimp in my planning schedule possibly to the point where I can not attend. I am sure that rings true for a great many folks here.

PLEASE let us know ANYHTING as soon as possible!!!!!!

Ditto! :cuss:

Jazkal
02-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Have they said what is holding up the event? Just wondering if they have told anyone.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
02-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Ditto! :cuss:
this is getting WAY out of hand, we have to start planning and alot of us are starting to think that maybe with all that has happened, we may not have an event to go to? Bill is very busy and Tom is trying a new life? No News is never Good news here on AO! when we are all as wounded as we are here, we need some good news...

Please we have to start ordering tickets, flights, hotels, rental cars and just setting our minds at ease here! :mad:

Eric

Eric Of Extreme Measures
02-27-2005, 09:21 PM
So any word on when we will be hearing any thing? Starting a Forum? We need to keep digging guys!!!

Team Extreme Measures.

MedicDVG
03-06-2005, 09:37 PM
News flash!! It is the first week of MARCH!! Paintball season is fast upon us. If there is no info soon, there will be no way that I can attend. While this by itself is not a huge travesty for you, it is a monumental disapointment for me. I wanna shoot Bill!!!

C'mon.. any hints at all would be much appreciated...

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-06-2005, 10:02 PM
News flash!! It is the first week of MARCH!! Paintball season is fast upon us. If there is no info soon, there will be no way that I can attend. While this by itself is not a huge travesty for you, it is a monumental disapointment for me. I wanna shoot Bill!!!

C'mon.. any hints at all would be much appreciated...

I am starting to think people dont know jack about nothing here about this event!!! We should have heard somthing concrete by now? We need the boost here!!!

Come one, lets ROLL!!!!!

Eric

GordDesigns
03-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree with "MedicDVG" we need time to book holidays and plan the trip.

So anyone with information please speak up! :confused:

Recon by Fire
03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, I know where it is NOT going to be now :(

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, I know where it is NOT going to be now :(

WHOAAAAA, what the h-llllllll is that suposed to mean??????

NOT TEXAS??????????

Glickman
03-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Someone better start answering questions or im gonna start eating souls... :p

Recon by Fire
03-09-2005, 09:44 AM
All I know is that it was going to be in Houston but now is not. I guess negotiations fell threw. So location is back up in the air or already negotiating for an alternate place? :cry:

Timmee
03-09-2005, 10:05 AM
If negociations for Houston have failed, my vote is EMR again. That way, I can drive instead of getting on a plane (I hate flying, for the record). I'd just have to remember not to let my roommate do any of the driving this time.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
All I know is that it was going to be in Houston but now is not. I guess negotiations fell threw. So location is back up in the air or already negotiating for an alternate place? :cry:

Back to the expedia drawing board???, i was looking forward to visiting Texas! that sucks....

oh well, Doubt EMR, Probably CPX again, it is easier for them?

they should look into that prison!!!

Eric

TheProfessional
03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Just realized something, has anyone noticed a patern with the locations f the spplatt attack games? Just here me out. The first one was in IL the second in PA and again the third was in IL. So if it follows the pattern by rights shouldnt the next one be somewhere in PA. I mean i could be wrong but I thaught it was worth mentioning.

Tyger
03-11-2005, 04:04 AM
they should look into that prison!!!

Eric

You don't want to play paintball in a prison.

Been there, done that, not fun.

-Tyger

PirateGent
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Just realized something, has anyone noticed a patern with the locations f the spplatt attack games? Just here me out. The first one was in IL the second in PA and again the third was in IL. So if it follows the pattern by rights shouldnt the next one be somewhere in PA. I mean i could be wrong but I thaught it was worth mentioning.

That would be great for me (being from NJ) but I doubt it. All the rumors seem to point southwest.

I just wish they would announce it soon so we all can start making plans.

Edward Tunis III
Budd Lake, NJ

Timmee
03-20-2005, 09:14 AM
That would be great for me (being from NJ) but I doubt it. All the rumors seem to point southwest.

I just wish they would announce it soon so we all can start making plans.

Edward Tunis III
Budd Lake, NJ

I'm also hoping they announce a definite date/location for the event soon (I know Spplat Attack has historically been on Labor day, but who knows if that's set in stone or not).

MedicDVG
03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Well here it is almost APRIL and we know as little as we did in December when this discussion began!!! Unfortueately, if we don't get any details VERY SOON, I am out. Basically I can no longer afford to wait for an event that may or may not happen on Labor Day (Or maybe not).

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Well here it is almost APRIL and we know as little as we did in December when this discussion began!!! Unfortueately, if we don't get any details VERY SOON, I am out. Basically I can no longer afford to wait for an event that may or may not happen on Labor Day (Or maybe not).
Right, if they dont tell us somthing by the April, it may change our plans too, especially if we have to fly somwhere?

this is getting really stupid!!!

Eric

Tassel Mask
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Am I the eternal optimist; I hope so. I am starting to wonder what is taking so long for the info though. I like the info about Bill's "Invasion Iowa." You know that reality show where they make people think they are in a movie. Would it be too over the top to think they would somhow involve Shatnerball with this reality show and keep the episode secret from the public or am I starting to sound X-Files here?

OK, thats probally not gonna happen but dude if it does I called it first. If we dont here anything by mid or even late April, I doubt they will even have it. 3 months to plan a 3 day vacation is like rigistering for a college course a week after it started.

The worst part is the not knowing. I wish some one within the event or something could at least settle our nerves by letting us know; this secrecy is getting outa hand. If it is or is not going to happen, at least afirm this statement. I mean let us down easy, not leave us hanging until Sept.

At least tell us what the deal is; we dont care anymore about the mystery location the fun is over. We've beat that dead horse long enough now.

But stay positive people "If they have it, we will come!" :shooting: :shooting: :wow:

Mike Smith
03-21-2005, 06:31 AM
But stay positive people "If they have it, we will come!"

Ummmmm... No, not likely.

I'm making plans for an Amtrak trip to Alpine TX over Labor Day. I got tired of waiting for the "announcement"..... I'll be booking the trip in the next 3 weeks. When that happens, it is set in stone. :(

Recon by Fire
03-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Indeed, if they do not hurry up and get something arranged and information released, their attendence will suffer. A lot of players will be commited to other events or just not have enough advance notice.

Tina
03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
True. I'm already making tenative plans for a trip to LA this summer. Shatnerball may just fall by the wayside this year.

Tassel Mask
03-21-2005, 03:16 PM
I know there is a lot of players looking forward to this event; me the most (maybe Eric)! For the sake of argument, if for some reason this amazing BIG GAME never happens, should we try to organize our own BIG GAME instead?

What I mean is, not start it from scratch, but maybe find a cool BIG GAME somehwere during the LABOR DAY BREAK and encourage our Shatnerball / SPPLAT brothers and sisters to meet up there? I mean the players (I THINK) count for a big part of the game as much as the celebrities right? If this is a stupid idea let me know czz I'm almost thinking its a good idea; "ALMOST" is the key word. Wishful thinking or display of my ignorance?

Let me know what you think.

Other than that, say in unisone people: "Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball!"

:dance: :spit_take :bounce: :rofl:<<<<<This is what my brain is doing every time I think about Shatnerball 05...My brain man, my brain is half excited, half going crazy! Anyone else's brain feel like this too?>>> :tard: :confused: :eek: :cry:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I know there is a lot of players looking forward to this event; me the most (maybe Eric)! For the sake of argument, if for some reason this amazing BIG GAME never happens, should we try to organize our own BIG GAME instead?

What I mean is, not start it from scratch, but maybe find a cool BIG GAME somehwere during the LABOR DAY BREAK and encourage our Shatnerball / SPPLAT brothers and sisters to meet up there? I mean the players (I THINK) count for a big part of the game as much as the celebrities right? If this is a stupid idea let me know czz I'm almost thinking its a good idea; "ALMOST" is the key word. Wishful thinking or display of my ignorance?

Let me know what you think.

Other than that, say in unisone people: "Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball, Shat-ner-ball!"

:dance: :spit_take :bounce: :rofl:<<<<<This is what my brain is doing every time I think about Shatnerball 05...My brain man, my brain is half excited, half going crazy! Anyone else's brain feel like this too?>>> :tard: :confused: :eek: :cry:

WHAT NO BILL, NO TOM, what the frig, this is getting way out of control, somone should kick some in the a-- and get the ball rolling!!!

I will play anything, anytime, anywhere, what ever it is! you call and i am there!!!

Eric :clap:

Tassel Mask
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Has anyone noticed the amount of vewings for this thread? I mean its over 3,000. Now if we could just figure out if it is a lot of people looking at the thread or ten people looking at it hundreds of times a day. Otherwise it sounds like we have a pretty good audience.

I've been looking at other threads and this one seems to be one of the biggest so far. What does it all mean? I have no idea.

I havent found any BIG GAMES for Labor Day break yet, but I'll keep looking. What coast should we look for our GAME? EAST or WEST? I'm a Northeast dweller but I always wanted to see Cali. Someone find a park to play at; give us all a reason to go. Am I being wacky?

Let's not forget everyone it's not even April, so lets keep the faith OK. I've been thinking April, May, June, July, "August-29-30-31" is still a long ways away. Let's not act like it is the end of the world quite yet. I'm sure thats plenty of time to organize this event for everyone. I mean wasn't Casa Blanca shot in like 2 weeks or some thing? So make plans for Shatnerball 05 first!

We're gonna look back at this thread one day and laugh right everyone?

See everyone at Shatnerball 05 czz we will be there..."The Shaft will be Avenged!"

Eric Of Extreme Measures
03-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Has anyone noticed the amount of vewings for this thread? I mean its over 3,000. Now if we could just figure out if it is a lot of people looking at the thread or ten people looking at it hundreds of times a day. Otherwise it sounds like we have a pretty good audience.

I've been looking at other threads and this one seems to be one of the biggest so far. What does it all mean? I have no idea.

I mean wasn't Casa Blanca shot in like 2 weeks or some thing? So make plans for Shatnerball 05 first!

We're gonna look back at this thread one day and laugh right everyone?

See everyone at Shatnerball 05 czz we will be there..."The Shaft will be Avenged!"

You are a friggen RIOT!!!! :headbang:

LOLOLOLOLOL
Eric

kevdupuis
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
As it stands now, I'll be heading to EMR for the Extravaganza on the Labour Day weekend. I hate to miss SB IV but I also need to have my agenda set so I can request holidays from work.

Recon by Fire
03-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Today is William Shatner's birthday by the way. So how about giving us a present Bill and let us know what is going on?

Tassel Mask
03-23-2005, 02:17 AM
So where do you guys think the event will be this year? I heard some rumors they were going to have it in Texas; Houston I think. Don't forget PACMAN's clue about the no rain and 68 degree weather.

Hmm...that can only mean indoors right? I bet it will be in the Astrodome; that city doesnt even use it anymore after they got Enron Field (Minuet Maide). It must be there.

Oh yea, wasn't the first in the midwest and 2nd in he northeast and the 3rd back in the midwest? That should tell us we'll all be hanging out in Binghampton again. I mean, it is the carasell capital of the world. So it could be there too.

Let's get the wheels rolling people and find out where it is. If we keep guessing, we're bound to be right eventually; OK get to it. See everyone in 5 more months by my long division. :wow:

I can't wait to find out where it will be.

TOM; your vengance was swift. Will it happen again; no.

Remember how much rain we had the day before the event during 03? I thought it might have gotton rained out.

Off Point: when does the XFL season start again?

MedicDVG
03-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Apparently you haven'e read any of this thread at all.

That discussions is long dead. The a-dome is out. Texas apparently is out -- the date and place are not even set yet, and the masses are getting ugly...

Recon by Fire
03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Indeed, to quote Conspiracey Brother: "It's a revolutio up in this B@%*%!".

Timmee
03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, if something isn't released soon on the date/location, I won't be able to attend. I suspect that many people will have this problem too. :(

MedicDVG
03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Is it a bad sign that my e-mail enquiry from the CP website bounced as "undeliverable"?

I e-mailed challenge park as well to see if they know ANYTHING... Even the folks at www.williamshanter.com don't have a clue of when/where or if the event will happen.... :mad:

I even e-mailed Mancow at his site for information... bupkis!

I am begining to panic!

any other ideas as to how we can research this.. anyone know Bill's E-mail? LOL!

Tassel Mask
03-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Shat goes to horse shows and Star Treck conventions all around the country. Find one he will be at and go. That way you can ask him yourself.

Let's all try calling the MANCOW Radio Show Morning Madhouse or somthing.

Note: Do not rent a William Shatner DVD and then try to ask him a question. He can't really hear you.

Oh ya, and if nobody got the XFL joke, I just want to say sorry; there is no XFL anymore :rofl:

MedicDVG
03-24-2005, 12:15 AM
From www.williamshatner.com in response to my inquiry into where this year's event is going to be...

Dean,
When we met with Bill a couple of weeks ago (3/7/05), he said that the Houston Astrodome wasn't going to work out, so they were scouting a new venue. That's the latest information that we have.

As soon as a location is confirmed, we'll be sure to let everyone know. Meanwhile, thanks for your patience.

Best always,
Jane

Jane is listed as an admin on the william shatner fan site... soo.... that is the best I can do.

They also stated that the astrodome idea was a plant by Tom Kaye to 'throw everyone off the scent' for this years game... skullduggery upon skullduggery!!!

click on the :ninja: (http://www.williamshatner.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=259821#259821) for the full transcript of our conversation.

Tassel Mask
03-24-2005, 02:09 AM
Good info Medic, thats the stuff we're looking for. Good work AO'r.

I think that at least that convo verifies that SHATBALL 05 is still game. I know a lot of people have been thinking this event wasn't going to happen this year.

So take it from the eternal optimist: "We're going to play, win, have fun, and help people as well." I'm starting to get pumped again. See everyone at Shatnerball 05, but not at the Astrodome. This is good news. We have feedback! :clap: :rofl:

T. M.

AnthonyDStone
03-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Rediculous planning :ninja: oh well :cheers: :cuss:

*NRG*MIKE
03-25-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to say that I too will be going to EMR in New Milford PA on Labor day this year. That Park is the best! They will not dissapoint you... EMR's 3 day, laborday Extravaganza! It is THE event for Labor day.... How many of you are going?

Ragtop1968
03-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Shatner has so much going on now, I hope he will have some time to do it again.

Tassel Mask
03-29-2005, 04:04 AM
For the sake of argument, if they do have shat05 this year will anyone still go? I mean say they let us know by the end of April, is that enough time for everyone?

Tina
03-29-2005, 07:36 AM
For the sake of argument, if they do have shat05 this year will anyone still go? I mean say they let us know by the end of April, is that enough time for everyone?

There will Definately be a Shatnerball this year. It will definatley be held on Labor Day weekend. As to the location, there are a few fields still being looked at (as of last week) in different parts of the US.

One guy DID come on to Bill's site claiming that the game was going to be in Oklahoma, but it wasn't confirmed by TPTB. The poster has mysteriously disappeared, so take it for what it's worth...a rumor.

Recon by Fire
04-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Well I am officially out for SB2005, I just booked a cruise for my wife, kids, and me instead.

hydrashock
04-04-2005, 07:48 AM
My group from Wisconsin wont be going. Most have to put in for vacation and it's getting to close. Tobad this will be the first one we missed.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
This is great, I hope they see how many people that are pissed off and are being FORCED to find other plans. We are holding off, but for how LONG?

Eric

Glickman
04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
personally, i think that if they had known for sure, they wouldve said already. im gonna guess that maybe they arent done finalizing the plans.

MedicDVG
04-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I jus thope that this event doesn't get "last minute" stamped all over it. It is a great event and I am really wanting to go... So hopefully we hear something soon so I can start hiding money and stuff...

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-11-2005, 07:29 PM
the search is over, aint no game, Bill is boning us, got to big, no time for chairty and the little folk.

what a douchbag!!!

Glickman
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
the search is over, aint no game, Bill is boning us, got to big, no time for chairty and the little folk.

what a douchbag!!!

well, i dont think it was that he "got too big", more-so that it wasnt worth it finacially. 17k for a weekend event isnt that good.

yet, i think with some decent planning, they could make it huge, with tons of celebrities. increase donations 10 fold. but hey, some people will do the leg work, some wont.

Tassel Mask
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Lets be optomistic...Next year everyone! The Shaft will be avenged :shooting:

Glickman
04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
dunno about you guys, but i dont plan on going next year

spiteful? no

if they dont have time for such a cause, then i dont plan on going either

*NRG*MIKE
04-13-2005, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes: E M R .... Extravaganza!!! www.emrpaintball.com :headbang: :shooting: :rofl: :dance:
Every Year.... :cool:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
04-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I wanted to say thanks to all you guys for being there all this time. Hanging there, looking for locations and making these threads the most popular here in AO.

We caused a riot and for nothing, but be heard now. Tell them you are pissed, don't let them think you are fine with this screwing...

Let them know you are bent and get you 2 cents in. it doesn't have to end here.

It has been great to get to know all of you and I will see you on the fields!!!

Eric