PDA

View Full Version : Anti-chop eye

absocountry2
10-27-2001, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that the wait for the antichop eye is going to be worth the wait. I had the pleasure of shooting a prototype eye in an extreme body last night. After 2 hoppers of brittle paint, Sosta pulled the ball detent out and we shot another hopper through WITH NO BREAKS OR CHOPS. The last sentence did say with NO ball detent, NO nubbins-nothing but a centerfeed EMAG Extreme loading paint into a barrel. The angle the gun is held at does not matter or anything. Sosta bet that I could not chop any. He said he would give me 100 quid if I broke paint and I would owe 20 if I did not. I did not take the bet but I did try to break paint and was unsucessfull. They eyes are being tested for reliability. Sosta said they are trying to get them into the extreme bodies before they are released. It looks like a fairly easy mod to make to exsisting EMAGS and the best part..... You CANNOT see any extra parts outside the marker!!! Plan on getting one if you ever break paint. I am really bad at chopping is why I was asked to try the eye.

zads27
10-27-2001, 11:54 PM
hm, interesting.. putting this up to find more info, por favor.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-28-2001, 12:29 AM
hhhhmmmm...come on...a little more...you've got my interest...

MajorDamage
10-28-2001, 02:55 PM
Did you smuggle your old buddy MajorDamage one of these!?

ENDO!

Temo Vryce
10-28-2001, 05:39 PM
Think you can get us a pic of the proto-type so we can drool?

scenario skwirl
10-28-2001, 05:54 PM
when the extreme hits the states and has an anyi-chop eye in it I promise to purchase one. I was going to get a regular emag but with this news and just the look of the extreme, Im going to wait and save somemore. BRING THEM ON!!!

MicromagRT2000
10-28-2001, 08:17 PM
how much will the e-mag extremes w/anti-chop eye probably run?I might just have to wait on the micromag.

nutz
10-28-2001, 08:45 PM
thats interesting

Chaos
10-29-2001, 01:32 AM
lol thats what the antichop eye does, doesn't let you break paint. Try a Sandridge F5, you'll love it because you wont be able to chop paint. As for price, the antichop eye retail is around $30-50, then depending on how many extra cents it is to mill in the spot, then assembly, I'd say the antichop eye will add $100 or so to the price of the gun. But then again, you have to think about the price the extreme will be. I'd give a guess that paintballgear will have them for 1200 or so, since angels are much more popular and have a better reputation and name. They have angels for like 1150 at paintballgear so they'll have to make them competitively priced..

Bad Dave
10-29-2001, 04:40 AM
I can verify that Dave is the human chopping machine not due to shortstroking but just managing to outshoot pretty much any feed going (excepting the warp I hope). Good luck with it Dave.

absocountry2
10-29-2001, 05:03 PM
The antichop eye does not change the look at all of the EMAG or EMAG Extreme. I will add a picture of my Extreme and you can see what they will look like with the eye and without. The only way to tell if the eye is installed is to look inside the breech where the ball sits and look for a hole. You will not see it from the outside. I am glad because the look of the early trapdoor prototype did not look right on the EMAG. From what I understand a software upgrade (ver 2.0 or 2.1) needs to be loaded on the board and the eye will be able to be installed on any EMAG regardless of the body type. My best guess from constant prodding is that the eye is only going add $50 or less to the total price.
Chaos, can you shoot a Sanridge without the ball detent? I did a whole hopper with the EMAG...no chops or breaks at all with brittle paint and a high ROF.

Dragoon
10-29-2001, 05:49 PM
absocountry2

With the warp breach it looks like the warp and revy need to be quite a distance from the marker. Could you post a pic from above and/or from the back to show the setup. I've been thinking about the extreme bodies but I like a really tight set-up.

Thanks
Douglas

Temo Vryce
10-29-2001, 05:53 PM
Hey Dragoon I wonder if using a hopper elbow would bring the warp in a little, if the extreme is out to far for you tastes. Just a thought. :)

Dragoon
10-29-2001, 06:13 PM
That might work.
What I really want is a trap-door breach!
But I don't know whats happening with it. Not much has been mentioned since the debut of the Extreme bodies.

speedballbanks
10-29-2001, 06:29 PM
or maybe he could use the 90 degree adapter that comes with the warp that might be good but if he dont mind how far out it is in the words of the beatles let it be.

emanjamin
10-29-2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Chaos
lol thats what the antichop eye does, doesn't let you break paint. Try a Sandridge F5, you'll love it because you wont be able to chop paint. As for price, the antichop eye retail is around $30-50, then depending on how many extra cents it is to mill in the spot, then assembly, I'd say the antichop eye will add $100 or so to the price of the gun. But then again, you have to think about the price the extreme will be. I'd give a guess that paintballgear will have them for 1200 or so, since angels are much more popular and have a better reputation and name. They have angels for like 1150 at paintballgear so they'll have to make them competitively priced..

I live near Sandridge Paintball and my team is going to get F5's to play with. I have used them before and I couldn't break paint what-so-ever. With the warp hooked up to one it is unbelievable! I don't know if I am going to play with my mag or the F5 though...it is a tough decision.

MicromagRT2000
10-29-2001, 08:21 PM
absocountry2 that is one BEAUTIFUL gun.How did you get it?I hope to one day have I child that looks just like her:)

PAINTBALLA01
10-29-2001, 08:52 PM
i want that gun:p :p :p

Nitroduck
10-29-2001, 08:58 PM
Oh my gosh , no breaks in 2 hoppers, thats awesome!

Seriously , anti chop eye isn't all that great. Every gun i've known that has had one still chops paint , i don't expect the emag to be any different.

My angel , mag and cocker don't really break paint even if i use brittle , oblong , or crappy paint ( brass eagle included)

All you gotta do is get the right setup on your gun and it won't chop.

gimp
10-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
or maybe he could use the 90 degree adapter that comes with the warp that might be good but if he dont mind how far out it is in the words of the beatles let it be.

Thats what I was gonna say. :)

pntbawlrmz
10-30-2001, 12:58 AM
when is this upgrade eye for the regular emag goin to come out? and am I understanding you guys correctly that its going to be like 50 dollars plus upgrade software, which would obviously have to be done by agd. i could have used that eye this weekend, hope its everything it sounds to be

absocountry2
10-30-2001, 01:57 PM
I know that markers in the past have chopped paint even with an eye of some sort. The difference here is AGD is doing this one. AGD will not put their name on it unless it works great. I am telling you it is not going to chop.
The setup makes a big difference but AGD has said that a high ROF can cause ball bobble that could cause a chopped ball in the breach. The best setup would even chop on occasion with fast triggers. I mentioned that I shot 3 hoppers, 2 fast with marker setup normal and 1 with no ball detent. The detent was removed and it was still perfect. I dare anyone to try the same without breaks. I was really impressed. The burst modes are rumored to be going away, however they are pretty useless because they can rarly be used on a field. Insurance companys are not covering most places that allow the mode. The eye hardware will be added to the circuit board which will call for new software to recognize the eye. Someone was asking about upgrading a mag. You will need the intelliframe to make it work and I don't know how long it will take for AGD to work that out because the EMAG is where they are concentrating for now.

absocountry2
10-30-2001, 02:07 PM
Here a rear shot. It can be pretty tight as it, but could be a little better. The centerfeed module works good if you do not want to run the warp. One of the guys asked where I got the extreme. I am helping AGD Europe test them because I haev problems with chopping all the time. They will be released before X-mas from what I understand there.

Nitroduck- you were being a bit apprehensive about our 2 hopper test. What you fail to understand is how the test is ran. The thest mode if full auto at 16 BPS plus. If you have seen the 20BPS vids Tom posted you will understand. Those vids were shot at AGD Europe, the same place I got to try the eye. I can tell you this eye is different, just wait and see.
Here is a rear view someone wanted. You guys don't have to like my setup. I still don't have it perfect for me yet, but it is close. To each his own.

zads27
10-30-2001, 03:04 PM
*Writhes is JEALOUSY*
ooooh you lucky....
Is the eye only going to be available for modular bodies?
The trap door module is still goign to be made, correct?

absocountry2
10-30-2001, 03:36 PM
The eye will be available for all styles of EMAGS

i-luv-my-rt
10-30-2001, 05:00 PM
That is a very nice set-up. Everyone has to realize that it doesnt matter where the warp is b/c if you look in the second pic the warp is in front of his body. So if the warp is in tighter, yea the warp wont get hit but his chest sure will. I definitly like the red, i was debeting weather the Extreem was worth the extra money like as in will it perform any better. Now i have no doubt what i am buying when it comes out. The eye is a very big step for AGD and for the little extra cost it would be stupid not to have it on any e-mag.

You must feel special your kinda like a spokesperson for AGDE and a test pilot!!! Well keep us updated with the process and keep those nice pics coming!!!

AGD
10-30-2001, 06:01 PM
***A little clarification***

The eye is NOT planned for all Emags due to technical reasons. The current style Emag has a removable barrel that causes problems with this setup. We are going to try and have the eye as a standard feature in the Extremes. Don't know if the price will change but it will not be a fortune. We are more interested in getting rid of the chop rep. than making money.

Current Emag owners will be able to purchase an Exteme body that would include the eye.

AGD

Chaos
10-30-2001, 08:28 PM
Will current AUTOMAG owners be able to buy the extreme body without the antichop eye still?

Perhaps this could go to the 'low cost' electro upgrade we talked about a long while back. A new bolt on kit, including an intelliframe with a board that will just have the plunger and fire in electric mode (no manual unless that is cheap enough, no screen, no modes, nothing except an electronic trigger with ACE), a battery to control that, and an emag extreme body with the ACE installed. Make this as something people can bolt on with minimal ease or their local gun-tech could easily install, and it would take their internals and such. Make this for something like $250 or so and I think MANY People would upgrade their mags. Or perhaps just a way to do it as a hybrid so that the ROF is still controlled with the ACE.