PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my BKO

boggerman
09-15-2004, 02:37 AM
O.K. I posted this on the ICD forum, but it is becoming obvious to me that there is not the ....ummm.... depth of knowledge there that we have here on AO, so I am asking here. (yes this is a straight cut-and-paste from the post on ICDO)

I just got my '04 BKO and right out of the box it wouldn't even fire because the velocity was so low. I fooled with setting the regs as the procedures recommend and with the lpr bottomed out, I am only getting about 230 fps. I turned up the primary reg until my input was about 270-280 psi and got the velocity up to 270 fps. Any ideas where I need to start??? Thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. is there a reason I have not seen anyone cut o-ring grooves into the stock bolt to address the blowback issue? I have only seen people replace their bolts.

hobbesTZ
09-15-2004, 10:03 AM
You'll want the input on the '04s just where you have it, in the 270 PSI range. You won't see more people with that mod because it's sloppy unless you have a mill. If you screw up, you don't have a bolt.

trevorjk
09-15-2004, 11:05 AM
and it is designed to not shoot over 285 fps with out leaking... so dont plan on getting way to high of a FPS over the chrono

(correct me if im wrong)

No sKiLLz
09-15-2004, 11:07 AM
First try twisting the LPR housing tight. That will sometimes increase FPS. Sometimes it's the valve. I put a Z-valve into a BKO and on the same setting and increased the FPS by 15. Another option is to lighten up the valve spring. Good luck.

pointm@n
09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah I agree with you about the comment on PBN. They aren't that much help over there. I'm kind of regretting buying a used Bushy myself. It's been problems ever since I've had it.

I can't help your question because I'm having a similar issue. I can get my b2k4 to shoot at around 260fps, but anything higher and it leaks through the barrel. I think it's an issue of the cup seal so I bought a vapor valve which also comes with a black magic cup seal that is supposedly leak proof. Well that was three weeks ago and I just got an email from paintballtrader.com that they are shipping today because the supplier of the black magic cup seal had manufacturing programs. If the vapor valve and new cup seal fixes my issue, I'll let you know.

July
(wished I hadn't traded my backup retro mag for this pos bushy...)

Goldie D Pimp
09-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Set your HPR to around 250, then turn in your LPR until it makes the solenoid leak then back it out slightly... llike 1/8th turn. Then adjust yoru velocity using the LPR.

Pointman, a high HPR shouldn't make the valve leak at all. however a high LPR would make your solenoid vent or if your ram seals are worn out, then it could cause a leak in the ram that sounds like a valve leak. Press down on the top of your bolt pin and see if the leak gets worse.

If so, that means you need to rebuild your ram.

Thanks
Sam
\

boggerman
09-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Goldie, with my hpr set at 270, I can't turn the lpr up high enough to cause a leak in the noid. It bottoms out before that point and I only get 270 - 275 fps over the chronie. I am using a Bulldog 2 screw in preset high pressure tank, if that makes any difference.

boggerman
09-21-2004, 03:30 AM
Hey Goldie, will an angel threaded feedneck work on my BKO? Or is it exclusively an ICD thread?

boggerman
10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
*******UPDATE***********

I have done several things to my BKO since last report and the velocity problem is gone completely (I had the hpr set too low-my fault), however anytime I get on the trigger hard it chops like mad. I did end up adding o-rings to the stock bolt and eliminated the blowback issue. I ported and polished the valve and added a second o-ring behind the hole (like vapor and the red valve have) and polished the valve stem and did the cocker valve spring swap. And I did the ram bumper mod, I really expected the bumper mod to help with the chopping problem as it sets the bolt forward a bit and should help keep the balls from feeding back towards the bolt before fired, but none of this helped at all. I also swapped the stock reg out for a gladiator and combined with the valve work I did, the marker is running nicely at about 250 psi input.

peewee
10-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Dig the bolt, was just toying with doing the same with mine. I have an 03 BKO V2 ( just came back a couple months back internally its an 04. What did you use to make the grooves?

ojhspyro89
10-07-2004, 08:18 PM
More than likely hes got a lathe or someone he knows does.

Lathes are nice i have one too they are great

boggerman
10-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Yup, used a lathe and an o.d. grooving tool. It easy when you have the right tools for the job. Krusty, do you have chopping problems at high rates of fire?

GT
10-08-2004, 10:35 AM
couple of comments here since I own a BKO.

The low velocity problem is almost exclusivly the stock reg. Change that out and getting up to and above 300fps is no problem. Yes, it will chop like mad if you dont have a halo or pds. These guns are way to fast for thier own good. :headbang:

boggerman
10-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I am using a Y board eggy, and since I o-ringed the bolt there are no blowback issues, so I would think that the egg would be o.k., but maybe not.

peewee
10-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Haven’t shot it enough to know. I just bought it from a friend in need a few weeks ago. I'm stuck working 7 days a week with no down time for fun stuff. It should taper off in a couple more weeks.. I looked at the bolt & I have light around the entire outside diameter. Also did the paper blowback test, has more than I like. So I was thinking of grabbing a vapor bolt of adding my own o-rings. This gun has already been given a name “Scorned “. My buddy went nuts a couple months back & put a Karny on credit. Right after he got this gun back from IDC ( didnt even shoot it!!?). He had it in a local shop trying to sell it. They never even put it on the wall. One of the guys in the shop was using it for speedball on weekends for over 2 months. Got it with a ricochet loader 2 dye excel barrels of dif lengths & a freak back also a NW drop for $300. Gun & loader are Blue.