PDA

View Full Version : A problem with my crevice. Help?

boardfu
09-15-2004, 02:51 AM
So I just got an automag classic in the mail today. dirty as hell. The valve was seperate from the body. As I proceeded to attempt screwing on the valve to the body I noticed there was a broken bolt in the threading. Great. So I backed the broken peice out. I Then cleaned the bejeesus out of it and put it back together. Theres a leak. Crap. Also I notice a small, maybe 1.5-2. mm gap between the valve and the body. Im sure this is not normal. Any ideas for an asshat newbie? Please tell me this is just a stupid error of putting it back together. (BTW, all the O rings in the valve are good) Thanks :confused:

space_weazel_45
09-15-2004, 03:52 AM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/8000/gap_7179_rs.jpg

If it’s here, it’s pretty normal and varies between valves, bodies, and rails. it does not affect the performance of the gun.

Where is it leaking from?

boardfu
09-15-2004, 04:02 AM
okay good. That must not be the cause of the leak. I am leaking from two places.
One, the verticle adapter is slowly leaking from the threads somehow. Ill just see if I can get a new one...8$. The other place is through the velocity adjustment hole. I have reason to believe this is the Piston assembly crapping out on me correct? What gives me this idea is the fact that when i hooked up a full co2, a stream of air came rushing out of the hole, but when i hooked up a near empty tank, it held the air in. Whats my problem?

oldsoldier
09-15-2004, 04:12 AM
The wording on the side should line up, thats the easiest way to make sure the gap is right.
the leak from the back, try these two things: First, place a few drops of oil into your hose, before you air it up. Tke the barrel off, air it up, stick a towel over the front, and fire off about 30 shots. Second, turn the velocity down. try the simple things first...usually, with mags, that works best :)

boardfu
09-15-2004, 04:31 AM
Well paint me green and call me gumby. I hate being the newbie. As it turns out, yes, the velocity was cranked too high. The result, a beautifully operating mag. However, after some thourough trigger play, I did notice a slow leak coming from the barrel. What might cause this? Thanks a lot, you saved me 15$, a headache, and feeling dumb from later realising that i spent 15$ in vain. :D

paullus99
09-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Check your O-rings & make sure everything is lubricated. If it is still leaking, you may want to open up the valve assembly & make sure the internal o-rings are doing ok - especially if its an older valve.