PDA

View Full Version : Micromag steel renforcement tube removal?

Ground_zer0
10-27-2001, 04:36 PM
In attempts to try to improve the smoothness/tollerances (BlackVCG don't laugh) on the inside of my micromag body, one of the things I was gonna do was to polish the steel tube thats inside it. I can do it if forced without removal, but everything would be a lot easier if there was some way for me to get it out. Anyone know how or have any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. -Matt

Russ
10-27-2001, 05:49 PM
It's pressed into the body, never meant to be removed. You would have to machine it out, then install a new one.

Ground_zer0
10-27-2001, 05:56 PM
Ok, that answers that then. Time to bring out the sandpaper and polishing compound and all that wonderful stuff and attempt to do it the hard way.

Thx -Matt

magmonkey
11-15-2001, 05:57 PM
ha ha mine is titainium
Long story on how I got to have differnt parts in my mico but I just do once again ha ha

Gecko
11-15-2001, 10:07 PM
lol
i thought that has to be magmonkey before i even read your name.......
Gecko

Slapp
11-16-2001, 04:59 AM
Sandpaper??? How about taking a battle swab, remove the rubber part in the middle of the wooden rods, stick the end of the wooden rod into a hand drill, coat the swab part with fine grit mag (auto wheel) polish and use that to polish the inside of your marker? I've not tried it but it would seem to be a good way to do it. Just be sure to get all the grit out when you are done.

BlackVCG
11-16-2001, 03:05 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!! Sorry...