PDA

View Full Version : New Marker from System X

Chicago Pb 7
09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
http://www.bradyspaintball.com/syxnemaallne.html

Thermus
09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Looks cool, but alot like the intimidator.... System X needs to come up with their own ideas.

1ofkind
09-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Not original, dumb idea I think. If anyone wants a timmy there not going to get a system X clone.

DiSoRdeR
09-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Looks cool, but alot like the intimidator.... System X needs to come up with their own ideas.

I second that, an intimidator was the first thing i thought of when i saw a pic of it.

Load SM5
09-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Looks like exposed hose on that LPR, and WAS eyes were never reliable.

The carving looks good but for the price I'd rather have a real timmy.

SOAD8789
09-15-2004, 07:32 PM
that is REALLY cool. i think it looks better than all intimidators ive ever seen. timmys are nice and all, but the milling is a bit to aggressive on them, i think the milling on that thing is nice. i say if they shoot like a timmy, id take one over a timmy ANY day...

-=Squid=-
09-15-2004, 07:38 PM
I totally give that homoerotic air-line input thing an F.

RedWeenie
09-15-2004, 08:10 PM
If anyone wants a timmy there not going to get a system X clone.

You never know...lots of people who want spyders go out and buy spyder clones for various reasons so why would this be different?

-=Squid=-
09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
You never know...lots of people who want spyders go out and buy spyder clones for various reasons so why would this be different?
Because this is $1000 +

minimag03
09-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I think that the milling is cool. I also think it looks smaller than the regular Timmy.

Automaggin2
09-15-2004, 09:50 PM
That thing is awsome looking. I bet it will drop in price real fast, knowing System X.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-15-2004, 10:09 PM
mmm... plastic

RedWeenie
09-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Because this is $1000 +

I think you are missing my point...I'm trying to say that people will still by it even though it's a clone because they like the looks, the way it preforms ect. I was just useing the whole spyder thing as an example.

xprod77
09-15-2004, 10:24 PM
I totally give that homoerotic air-line input thing an F.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-=Squid=-
09-15-2004, 11:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm glad I could make somebody laugh tonight.

Yudanja
09-16-2004, 12:05 AM
looks like a milled Imp to me, at least the front LPR.

Grip frame reeks of timmy though.

PBX Ronin 23
09-16-2004, 12:21 AM
If there was a total KNOCK OFF ARTIST OF A COMPANY in paintball, System-X takes the freaking cake. Good thing that my boy Raul is no longer with these putzes.

I guess they think that originality and innovation counts for nothing. If they even think about knocking off anything that we may come out with.........I gonna sic Brutus, Esq. and Cassius, Esq. on their sorry arses.

System X is the kind of company that shouldn't exist in paintball. These people are absolutely PITIFUL!!!!! :mad:

SpecialBlend2786
09-16-2004, 12:59 AM
If there was a total KNOCK OFF ARTIST OF A COMPANY in paintball, System-X takes the freaking cake. Good thing that my boy Raul is no longer with these putzes.

I think Ariakon takes the cake for that...... I mean, come on. www.armotech.net is the real site, Ariakon's site is www.armotech.com.

I like the milling, but personally, the 2k2 Timmy has the best milling ever, and imo is the best deal, since it comes with the frenzy board now, and is sub $1000

This looks better then the Nemisis though

JesseB
09-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Actually look at the name of the gun the NME I think this is built by those wonderful people who made the nemesis... Anyone know for sure I would bet money on it almost just off the name and styling alone....

-=Squid=-
09-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Actually look at the name of the gun the NME I think this is built by those wonderful people who made the nemesis... Anyone know for sure I would bet money on it almost just off the name and styling alone....
No.

Bolter
09-16-2004, 08:03 AM
i wonder what manike thinks to this gun?

Banshee23
09-16-2004, 08:28 AM

Because in lots of cases either the Spider clones are cheaper or they are of better quality (Pirahna). Also, people that buy low end guns such as that usually have no idea about Spyders or clones or whatever - they're buying it because they found it cheap & it shoots. On the other hand people don't go waking into Wal*Mart to buy Timmies, usually they have at least some semblance of a clue & actually have to hunt one down. These people (most at least) aren't going to look and say "Oh it looks like a Timmy" & buy it, especially when the real one next to it will be in some cases cheaper. And the company name attached to it doesn't help either as their rep isn't very good.

PBX Ronin 23
09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Well let's see,
1. Vengence - Cocker Clone
2. Xonic E-Frame - E-Blade Clone
3. NME - Timmy Clone

That's just to name a few that they've blatantly, shamefully and remorselessly knock off. What country are we in? Last time I checked we're not living in the land of trademark/patent piracy.

These people just TOTALLY piss me off. As a business owner, my only recourse is to not buy anything from them. As a player I can voice out my opinion and convince fellow players that a company like System X is not deserving of our support and is harmful to the industry as a whole.

Innovation NOT replication! :mad:

slade
09-16-2004, 09:39 AM
listen to ronin, not only does system x copy other peoples work, but their products are definately sub par. my friend bought a system x cocker and he has spent more time fixing it than playing with it. it takes him about half an hour to chrono. one time he got it working perfectly, and then the next time we went paintballing he was shooting 500 over the chrono (he didnt do anything to it since then) he has had repeated problems with leaking, the second time we went his botomline screw broke off in the hole, and replacement grips dont fit the frame (yes we did try multiple ones) and if you say that the problems were because he doesnt know anything about cockers... thats probably true, but the refs were the ones working on it.

No sKiLLz
09-16-2004, 11:33 AM
If System X can mass produce them, I don't see why they shouldn't. Bob Long is a prick, and he likes to keep his high demand markers in short supply so that he can charge an arm and a leg for them, and then have National pass on the incredible deals to their dealers. Whether the NME works out as a competent marker or not I don't really care about, but if it forces that fart smeller Bob and NPS, the original paintball Nazi's, to change the way they do business I give System X a thumbs up.

Mosfet
09-16-2004, 12:19 PM
JesseB:

NME... read it s..l..o..w..l..y..
N...M....E...

N..M..E..

N.M.E.

NME

= Enemy.

I'd get one if they were a LOT cheaper, and if I had the spare cash.
But neither seem to be true. :(
For that much $$$ I'd rather get a Freestyle.

JesseB
09-16-2004, 04:49 PM
JesseB:

NME... read it s..l..o..w..l..y..
N...M....E...

N..M..E..

N.M.E.

NME

= Enemy.

I'd get one if they were a LOT cheaper, and if I had the spare cash.
But neither seem to be true. :(
For that much $$$ I'd rather get a Freestyle.
nemesis....nmesis, nmeis..nmes....nme
For that much money I would rather get your mom

spantol
09-16-2004, 05:13 PM

How much money?

The Nemesis is made by CY Paintball (http://www.cypaintball.com/), not System X.

Mosfet
09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
nemesis....nmesis, nmeis..nmes....nme
For that much money I would rather get your mom

WOW! What great arguing skills you have there!

SANTA... SATAN!! :O :mad:

ELEPHANT ... LEPHANT... EPHANT ... PHANT... PHAT
Those elephants are pretty PHAT!

versus:

N.M.E. sounds like Enemy
Intim8 sounds like Intimate
DNiGr8 sounds like Denigrate

See a pattern there?

NME is a play on sounds of the Letter.

Changing Nemesis to NME and making a correlation is like changing SANTA to SATAN :mad: :headbang:

And thanks for the Mom reference. That was the defining moment of your argument. I was astounded by your sheer brilliance and deductive reasoning. I bow to your superior logic skills.

I really look forward to the day when I can find a thread that doesn't drop to the level of bringing in someones mom.

PBX Ronin 23
09-16-2004, 06:10 PM
If System X can mass produce them, I don't see why they shouldn't. Bob Long is a prick, and he likes to keep his high demand markers in short supply so that he can charge an arm and a leg for them, and then have National pass on the incredible deals to their dealers. Whether the NME works out as a competent marker or not I don't really care about, but if it forces that fart smeller Bob and NPS, the original paintball Nazi's, to change the way they do business I give System X a thumbs up.

Umm original paintball Nazis. Historically, NPS have been blamed by dealers for selling their stuff at lower margins versus your traditional retailers.........we've heard that song and dance before. But the net effect of their undercutting the prices results in cheaper prices overall for the end users. It certainly sucks for the PB store owners but it has been nothing short of a bonus for the players to be able to buy things cheaper.

Now System-X on the other just wants to sell knocked-off products at a cheaper price. But lo and behold, the quality of their products sucks the sweat off a dead man's............you get the picture.

NOW between the two, who benefits the sport and the players more?

Mosfet
09-16-2004, 06:19 PM
if you want to see a company with quality stuff, take a look at PBX!
Now thats good shtuff!

:hail:

I once got a gold pbx milled Excal back in the day... wish I'd kept it... :(

PBX Ronin 23
09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
if you want to see a company with quality stuff, take a look at PBX!
Now thats good shtuff!

:hail:

I once got a gold pbx milled Excal back in the day... wish I'd kept it... :(OK, that's ten merit points which entitles you to move up five places on the pre-order list.....j/k!

Thank you for the very kind words.

JesseB
09-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Listen here... take a joke lighten up... It was just an observation on my part and they are both timmy clones...
I will never be on your Uber L33t arguing level sorry.. and no i dont take it back... if anyone needs to take anything its you needing to lighten up rantmaster

WOW! What great arguing skills you have there!

SANTA... SATAN!! :O :mad:

ELEPHANT ... LEPHANT... EPHANT ... PHANT... PHAT
Those elephants are pretty PHAT!

versus:

N.M.E. sounds like Enemy
Intim8 sounds like Intimate
DNiGr8 sounds like Denigrate

See a pattern there?

NME is a play on sounds of the Letter.

Changing Nemesis to NME and making a correlation is like changing SANTA to SATAN :mad: :headbang:

And thanks for the Mom reference. That was the defining moment of your argument. I was astounded by your sheer brilliance and deductive reasoning. I bow to your superior logic skills.

I really look forward to the day when I can find a thread that doesn't drop to the level of bringing in someones mom.

Mosfet
09-17-2004, 06:11 AM
OMG!!!!!

I DON"T RANT!!!!!

I dont go on and on and create long posts to answer back things said to me!

I dont pull out arguments and make logical calls to refute things said!

I don't rant! I don't rant! I don't.... aw teh cRaps0rZ!.....

aw well....

:P

btw.......
you can have my mom....
as long as you pay me the cash. :P

As for back on topic.... I don't think I'd go for either a timmy or a clone. After trying out a Timmy and a bumch of others, I'm hooked on the AKA and ICD families.

tyrion2323
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
This is certainly not a triumphant display of maturity....

Mosfet
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
After working for 2 weeks straight including labor day and weekends, with late nights, its easy to give up on maturity. :P

what we nee is a most triumphant video!!! :headbang:

FragTek
09-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Sys X has been hypin' this for a few months now. If it performs as stated I think it should be a hit considering it costs less than a new Timmy and functions the same.

We'll just wait and see I guess :)

Mosfet
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
I personally have no issue with either the NME or the Nemesis as long as they perform well enough for their price. Same goes for Expensive name brand markers. Some of the new timmies are just too much money IMO since they perform no better than a standard non Team named timmy.
etc.
etc.
etc.

No sKiLLz
09-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Umm original paintball Nazis. Historically, NPS have been blamed by dealers for selling their stuff at lower margins versus your traditional retailers.........we've heard that song and dance before. But the net effect of their undercutting the prices results in cheaper prices overall for the end users. It certainly sucks for the PB store owners but it has been nothing short of a bonus for the players to be able to buy things cheaper.

Now System-X on the other just wants to sell knocked-off products at a cheaper price. But lo and behold, the quality of their products sucks the sweat off a dead man's............you get the picture.

NOW between the two, who benefits the sport and the players more?
Are you saying Gino isn't a Nazi? Have you looked at a National dealer price list? Who was the first to sign an agreement with SP after they made their first patent claim?

Do you think Smart Parts isn't using its royalties to subsidize their income and undercut it's competition?

Wouldn't you agree that cost is the biggest constraint on the growth of paintball?

Teamslayer76
09-17-2004, 11:25 AM
WOW! I wonder how this one came arcorss here? Well back at this years NPPl Super 7 in Tampa the System X crew recurited us to send out free junk. And well we sent out posters of the NME a "new gun design"?!?! but any way it I never saw it forsale after that. I do check around on lots of websites alot. After the show I obvisouly found nothing. This gun is ancient tech to me. {maybe they discontinued it becuase none sold at the unvailing in Tampa IDK?}

P.S. We only did it to get free gear n guns which we did get.

brianlojeck
09-17-2004, 02:50 PM
And thanks for the Mom reference. That was the defining moment of your argument. I was astounded by your sheer brilliance and deductive reasoning.

just for the sake of correctness of terms, he wasn't using deductive reasoning, he was just stating his opinion of the relative cost to value ratios of the NME and your mom.

(sorry, I'm suffering through an analytical writing class this semester...)

Mosfet
09-17-2004, 02:53 PM
hmmm...

mom for NME?

I might consider that trade...
Let me think about...
ok. dont thinking. Should I send out first?

:P

Toxic Dave
09-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Have direct knockoff's eevr sold better than the originals? I see this kind of stuff every day in this sport, and I can't think of a time that it was ever successful.

dave

SOAD8789
09-17-2004, 05:25 PM
ronin, i just want to know, have you shot one of these yet? if you havent, i wouldnt say anything about the quality of it until you use one yourself. just because system x sold ****ty stuff in the past doesnt mean they still will. i don't like the fact that system x is copying people (cough*empire*cough), but what if it DOES shoot as good as the new timmys? i'll bet it would sell a good bit since it IS a couple hundred less....

Suede
09-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Are you saying Gino isn't a Nazi? Have you looked at a National dealer price list? Who was the first to sign an agreement with SP after they made their first patent claim?

Do you think Smart Parts isn't using its royalties to subsidize their income and undercut it's competition?

Wouldn't you agree that cost is the biggest constraint on the growth of paintball?I agree that cost is one of the biggest constraint on the growth of paintball. But cost is a by product of many economic factors including "economies of scale".

Second NPS was not the first to sign an licensing agreement, I believe that ICD was. Perhaps you may want to double check this but I'm pretty sure that this is the case.

You can not blame the 'artificially' high prices for electronic paintball guns on NPS. That was somebody elses fault. But perhaps you guys need to understand that what's happening to paintball in the last year or so is exactly what's been happening in corporate America for a long time.

Paintball Nazi? Get for real buddy. If there was a person responsible for driving the prices in paintball down, it's probably the man you're accusing of nazism.

PBX Ronin 23
09-17-2004, 06:09 PM
ronin, i just want to know, have you shot one of these yet? if you havent, i wouldnt say anything about the quality of it until you use one yourself. just because system x sold ****ty stuff in the past doesnt mean they still will. i don't like the fact that system x is copying people (cough*empire*cough), but what if it DOES shoot as good as the new timmys? i'll bet it would sell a good bit since it IS a couple hundred less....
Nothing they have knocked off even comes close to acceptable in terms of performance comapred to the originals.

Leopards, at the very least would be hard pressed to change their spots.

As for the industry, almost everyone has knocked off one thing or another. In an environment where the protection of intellectual property has been lax to say the least, that's normal (albeit wrong). But that's about to change now.

Vinny3299
09-22-2004, 07:04 PM
if you know anyone looking for the new system X NME here's a post

SYSTEM X NME (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653117)

-=Squid=-
09-22-2004, 07:44 PM
if you know anyone looking for the new system X NME here's a post

SYSTEM X NME (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653117)
What's with the Jim Drew thing in your sig?

adt501
09-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Thats interesting, Ronin, I did not know Raul had quite System X. I only met him once, and that was when he brought the new Xonix into the store onlong with his other stuff he was pushing. I remember saying "Planet will never let you guys get away with this frame" and he said something to the effect that System X had good lawyers and they had no fear of anybody.

Anyway, the gun dosent look that bad. I used to knock System X stuff for a long time until I actually tried some of it and to tell you the truth I think its good stuff. System X can make quality. If they wanna copy Gino's gun then more power to em, I mean come on, hes Gino, he knows a thing or two about copying :mad:

Vinny3299
09-22-2004, 09:23 PM
that was a direct quote from him at WAS about the marker