PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a warp? Pros + Cons?

Gunsmoke
09-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I am am sick of the bulk hopper right in front of me all the time. I am thinking warp feed is the way to go. What are the pros and cons of the warp feed. I have heard u must tilt your gun for it to feed right. If u have one please let me know how u like it. Does it matter having a pf body or do u have to have a ule warp body. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!

nate2k191
09-15-2004, 08:23 PM
i've had my warp for about a month now.. i used to get hit in the hopper all the time and i didnt want my hopper in my face either, so i got the warp.

it feeds great, intellifed or on vibration mode. i dont have to tilt my gun for it to feed, but if i go completely sideways or something the revy doesnt feed into the warp, so you have like 10 shots when u go completely sideways ( the balls in the warp) so its no big deal

i had my warp on my PF hopper left body and it was fine, and i recently bought a ule-warp body, i have yet to use it, but im sure it rocks.

its super low profile, i popped up over a fence on this woods-ball field a few times and got 3 guys out. i was a hard target with only a barrel and tip of a mask popping up.. no big hopper :)

for the cons... its ads wieght and you have to buy batteries for it... thats about it, i jsut hold my gun with my left hand under the tank/warp and its fine..

overall it rocks in my opinion...

teufelhunden
09-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Hated my warp. It destroyed the balance of the marker for me and therefore felt very uncomfortable to play with. Had it for like a month and tossed it.

-Tab
09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
PROS:
low profile
feeds fast
can shoot a few shots at some crazy angles
is pretty customizable(9v mod,etc...)

CONS
adds some weight
it's a huge pain to clean(sometimes) if shot at or around there
need to buy batteries for it
no on/off switch

i personally prefer a no-rise body over a warp.

1ofkind
09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Its a blessing for back players. It puts weight on the side it hangs on and will throw you off. After a while you'll be used to it and start enjoying it.

-=Squid=-
09-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Its a blessing for back players.
Wtf are you talking about?

Carbon
09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
pro and con:

NOT AGG ENOUGH! :)

trains are bad
09-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Won't play without one.

RTDynaflow
09-15-2004, 10:58 PM
A HUGE con IMO that hasnt been touched on. You can't switch hands. I don't know how much you do this, but I wouldn't be able to live like that. It just isn't natural shouldering on the left and firing with the right hand... Not to mention you will have a huge target if you try to play tight left. :( .

Would be great for woodsball; not so great for airball. I say get a halo and learn to keep it angled behind the bunker.

Beemer
09-16-2004, 05:58 AM
A HUGE con IMO that hasnt been touched on. You can't switch hands. I don't know how much you do this, but I wouldn't be able to live like that. It just isn't natural shouldering on the left and firing with the right hand... Not to mention you will have a huge target if you try to play tight left. :( .

Would be great for woodsball; not so great for airball. I say get a halo and learn to keep it angled behind the bunker.

Have you even tried one? Thats the whole point you dont have to switch. It just isnt natural shooting off hand. You have to switch both hands on your gun to flip sides and all I have to do is roll it over. Finger never leaves the trig. Warp will shoot any angle even upside down for a number of shots. You dont really shouder it on the left you just shift it to the left some. You do Have to LEARN a little on how to drive it.

Huge target :eek: You play off hand with hopper on top and Ill play off hand with the warp and see who has smaller target.

Besides hopper on TOP is so OOOOOOOOOOLD Schoooooooooool. Its a paradigm shift the new schoolers dont get, they are stuck in the box :sleeping:

Pros........Hopper off the top, Dont have to shoot off hand, Hopper off the top, M.T.A.[minimum Target Area] Hopper off the top. Did I say hopper off the top

Cons.......I know how to be verstile, modify, adapt and over come so there are none for me.

Its works fine with the PF bodies but a warp body leaves a clear line right down the barrel

Gunsmoke
09-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Does the warp just hang one the side of your gun or is it mounted to your. What are the price ranges of the warps? What are the prices of warp uld bodies? Used or New. Thanks for all of your input so far.

LudavicoSoldier
09-16-2004, 07:09 AM
I love the low profile the warp gives one of my mags, BUT, it makes it extremely hard to carry casually. The balance is waaaaay off. I cant play woods with my warp setup, as it is too heavy/alkward.

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/warpmag1b.jpg

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/warpmag3b.jpg

Creative Mayhem
09-16-2004, 08:16 AM
I LOVE MY WARPS, almost as much as the SEARCH function here on AO :rolleyes:

Look at my gun links in my sig.

mixwell2
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I have had my warp for a long time. If you are going to play speed ball (hopper hits count) then it will be an advantage. Even though you can learn to play with a CF keeping the hopper somewhat protected the chances of a hopper hit with a warp are extemely low.
I have no problems playing tight and shooting out the right side, I have a warp right setup.
You will need to get use to a new shooting style as well as the difference in balance.
See if you can try one out.
You do not need to tily your gun to shoot it.
Warps will work with a power feed body. I am using a Power feed hopper left body.
The cons: Another battery to change, unique for some people awkward balance, and added weight
The Pros tight set up, better visability, can shoot out weak side using your strong hand playing tight.

Also remember that the warp feed 16BPS. So using it on a marker that is shooting faster will limit your rate of fire assuming you can shoot faster than 16BPS

bryceeden
09-16-2004, 05:15 PM
The 9v warp feeds 16, a 12v warp will feed about 23. After you learn to shoot with a warp you'll love it. I personally center the tank in my chest and hold the marker at a 45* angle to what ever side I am sooting out of, it is very low profile and I love mine. The only con is a larger target off the break, but once you get to your bunker its a way smaller target.

nate2k191
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I love the low profile the warp gives one of my mags, BUT, it makes it extremely hard to carry casually. The balance is waaaaay off. I cant play woods with my warp setup, as it is too heavy/alkward.

i love the low profile too. as for bieng off balance and not palying in the woods and such, you just have to hold your marker differently, like when i sprint i hold my marker so that the warp faces down or up and not to one side. and i hold it under the tank/warp now with my left hand instead of on my foregrip... i dont find it harder, or less comfortable.. its just different. and if its too heavy or your arm gets tired, just lift weights or play so much the gun gives ur arm a workout.

Gunsmoke
09-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Does the warp hang of the side of your gun or is it mounted somehow?

zackzel
09-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Does the warp hang of the side of your gun or is it mounted somehow?

There is a mounting bracket that goes on the bottum of your trigger frame, usually above your drop forward or asa. the bracket holds it very secure on the side of your gun.

brianlojeck
09-17-2004, 06:27 PM
I'll say this:

1: it works EXACTLY as advertised and pretty much flawlessly fed balls the entire time I used it

2: it seriously unbalances the gun, to the point that my thumb started to hurt during play (although I did have a VL3000 on it...)

3: not being able to switch hands really irritated me. (yes, I know, your not supposed to have to any longer, but when you are left handed and playing the right side of a bunker, you don't always want to shoot 9 shots, then hide while you press the little white button, then shoot 9 more shots, repeat...

4: I kept hitting the nose of my mask with the loader when I shouldered it to fire

technologically I love it.

practically, I couldn't wait to get it off my gun.

1ofkind
09-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Wtf are you talking about?
Wow anyway its called, takes away your profile.

ilikePB
09-17-2004, 07:14 PM
I have one and like it. Sometimes I play with it and other times I play with a Reloader B, depends on my mood. I say get it if you wanna try something different. A lot of people bash it w/o ever even using one. Once you play with it a few times it is as natural to play with as a normal center feed hopper set up, imo.

Gunsmoke
09-19-2004, 08:34 PM
How much do u think a used smoke warp is here on AO?

Little_Ho
09-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi there
I like the warpfeed because ist just nice. I have one setup to my Cocker and one to my mag. So it works great. The Cocker works with the Vibration sensor. The Mag is mod for Intellie feed. So i like it a lot.

See ya on the Field

Little_Ho

RTDynaflow
09-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Actaully, I have played with one. Perhaps I just can't adapt properly :confused: ??

try and find someone in your area who has one and see if you can try it out. Figure out all the pro/cons for you personally. As you can see, a con for me is a pro for the next guy. it's all about your style. I can't play with one, but I learned to play with my hopper behind the bunker. Re locating it completely throws me off my game.

Gunsmoke
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
From what i know is that i am the only one with even an automag around my local field.

Beemer
09-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Actaully, I have played with one. Perhaps I just can't adapt properly :confused: ??

try and find someone in your area who has one and see if you can try it out. Figure out all the pro/cons for you personally. As you can see, a con for me is a pro for the next guy. it's all about your style. I can't play with one, but I learned to play with my hopper behind the bunker. Re locating it completely throws me off my game.

Good post.

First time I played with it , it was like :tard: and that was preproduction Beta testing. I was like :eek: WTF. But then after a few hoppers it was like :ninja: :cool: No more blimp on top like old school:( Clear line of site all over the top :clap:

Just think hopper off top. How much did you play with one. You do have to learn it some, just like you learned with hopper behind the bunker. Dont be :confused: its just hopper off top is new school and most are stuck in old school, follow the herd.

Gunsmoke
09-20-2004, 08:51 PM
I think i am going to get the warp. So in the next week i will be looking for the following:

Black AM pf/wl body
Smoke warp feed w/ everything i will need to setup
Black 12v revolution w/ Xboard

RTDynaflow
09-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Glad to hear! :cheers:

I played with one for about 2 games. I kept geting hit on the warp. My biggest problem, the weight. Very irritating to run, as I play front. Secondly, when I run, if I go right, I shoulder right; If I go left, I shoulder left. It eliminated me playing left side. [side note: right is my weak side as well, so this didn't help] Which, I guess if I always played the same side, It wouldn't be an issue. However, I enjoy variety. If I played back, I would probably have one.

I do hope you enjoy it. Let us know what your feedback is on it!

Nate

Snap Shooter
09-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Have you ever thought about a Q-loader? Low profile, not nearly as heavy as the warp (no batteries). doesn't affect your handedness either. I think there were some design or reliabiltiy errors early on and I think the company may even have dissolved, but the loader looked like it would be worth trying.

vf-xx
09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I really like mine. Since I'm tall it makes it really easy (and fun) to play the TOPS of bunkers. People keep trying to call me on blindfire because they can't see my mask right behind the gun (I actually sight either between the warp and the hopper - just over the powerfeed - or on the outside of the marker).

Reccomendations:

(1) If you're adventerous, or know somebody into RC cars, build yourself a 10.8 v rechargeable battery. I've done it and it's great, ever so much better than a 9v or bigcell (I've had both).

(2) If you're going to run a revvy find yourself one of the 6 pronged agitators (when I bought mine it was a modified evo1, now I think someone makes them specifically). It really helps the revvy keep up when you're playing the angles.

Gunsmoke
09-21-2004, 06:20 AM
I have thought about the qloader but decided against it. Wasn't as appealing and tubes cost like $25.

ilikePB
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
I have thought about the qloader but decided against it. Wasn't as appealing and tubes cost like $25.
I agree, I think the Q Loader is a good idea, but it's not for me. I prefer the Warp because it can also hold more paint than a Q Loader.

Lohman446
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes you should, and get a backup, and a 12V modded one... buy mine for instance :)

Ok, seriously

I went to the warp, I did not have a problem getting used to it, but to me it was just one more thing to potentially go wrong. I had a few misfeeds on it, where it did not spin, I guess I could have bought an intelli-harness and fixed it, but I didn't.

I liked being able to shoot under the cracks in airball bunkers (especially crack pipes). The titling to me was natural, in fact I now do I reverse of it (tilting the feeder in towards the bunker) to shoot offhand rather than switching hands.

It was, at least the ones I had, more reliable than the q-loader. Im nto a big user of paint (about 300 rounds a game, maybe 400) but the q-loader lack of capacity was noticed by me. I play front, but I often lane to the back stand up, and then bump forward from there in the game. The q-laoder did nto work well for me for that style.

It was noticeable heavy to me, and offbalanced the gun. Snap shooting was not as natural, and it seemed in teh way to me. Bringing my hand up after running with it held one hand, seemed odd. Perhaps i never got used ot it.

FYI - since I ditched it, I have counted hopper hits that would have missed me if the hopper had not been there - one. When I tried to spin on someone in a bunker move and there backplayer caught my hopper - I would have been hit anyways by the other player, but thats it.

Anyways, hope I helped

Gunsmoke
10-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Thank you everyone. I still have not decided if i am going to buy the warp or not.

justjoshin590
10-04-2004, 08:31 PM
well i dont know aout the warp feed, but i have a q-loader and love it, the low cap isnt a problem to me, and i can now reload the pods very quickly, i havent had any problems with it breaking, the pnly problem i had was finding a harness, but that was mainly because iwasto picky, i ended up getting one that fits like 15 pods :eek: not that i need it

BeaverEater
10-04-2004, 08:35 PM
I have had a warp for the last year and loved it. When i got my emag i tried the vert thing for a while, but it really just got in the way. I would take hopper hits all the time. I have never had any problems with it, but i think its more of a personal preference.

Gunsmoke
10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
I am leaning towards not getting a warp for money reasons. I think i could just learn to play with my hopper behind the bunker. It will save me money buying the warp and batteries.