PDA

View Full Version : Where is Cphil?

cledford
09-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Haven't seen him doing his mod duties recently - Phil you out there?

-Calvin

cphilip
09-15-2004, 08:25 PM
You must not be looking real good. Probably posted over 100 times in the last two days alone. Started several threads, removed several flames and gave warnings, Moved some posts out of Friendly to Historic trying to clean out some of the stickies there and even fixed a few accounts and helped a few people with thier markers in Tech. And even moved about four posts in the wrong places.... sheesh Calvin... gimme a break!!! :D

Go look around. Been in friendly more than anything lately. Some in Tech and in classifieds. Here in talk some as well.

I have been taking a lot of weekends off though. Been camping a lot this summer when I can. get on like once a day then. Friday night through Sunday. Thats probably what you noticed. Thanks for noticing anyway..

BrockSampson
09-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Uhmmm... Don't know what to say. Just try looking around, or use a search if you're that concerned. He was posting yesterday, so he's not gone...

Edit: Dang, well, there you go! We must have been typing at the same time. Never mind...

cphilip
09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Uhmmm... Don't know what to say. Just try looking around, or use a search if you're that concerned. He was posting yesterday, so he's not gone...

I prolly posted maybe 20 times today. But remember modertating is not always posting. I post as a memeber a lot. Not as a moderator. Some modertation involves going in and editing. Doesn't show as a post. Some involves fixing things. No post.... but I am here. Not always talking though. Sometimes just watching.

cledford
09-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Funny thing was I found 3 threads right after I made this post :)

Welcome back ;)

Kidding...

-Calvin

PS I'll delete this in a few.

barberjohn
09-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I prolly posted maybe 20 times today. But remember modertating is not always posting. I post as a memeber a lot. Not as a moderator. Some modertation involves going in and editing. Doesn't show as a post. Some involves fixing things. No post.... but I am here. Not always talking though. Sometimes just watching.
well then where have you been with the AOSE thread :mad: .

-=Squid=-
09-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Oo.. Good call.

cphilip
09-15-2004, 09:04 PM

I previously stated I had said my last word on that subject. And I kept my word.

However... I will tell you that recently I was in discussion with TAG about hosting it. I do not know if they can or will. If they do then I will be discussing it again. Otherwise not. If they do it I will help. If they do not then I am out of it and have no reason to discuss it at all. Fair enough? Will have to be. In the mean time we all getting ready for Ivan so we not realy got time to discuss it a lot.

The Action Figure
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
:D thanks cphillip all I needed to know, theres still hope

cphilip
09-15-2004, 09:23 PM
:D thanks cphillip all I needed to know, theres still hope

In the words of the great "Super Grover" (from Seasame Street) "where there is life there is hope"

The Action Figure
09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
lol, take care cphil

Evil1
09-16-2004, 01:41 AM
One quick question Cphil. Is being a moderator a pain? It sounds as if you have to try to see alot of things at once. I realize you are not the only moderator, but does AO look and function a lot different on a moderators PC?

cphilip
09-16-2004, 11:50 AM
One quick question Cphil. Is being a moderator a pain? It sounds as if you have to try to see alot of things at once. I realize you are not the only moderator, but does AO look and function a lot different on a moderators PC?

Certain times its a pain. You interpret things according to set of guidlines and of course not always is everyone going to be in agreement. What you have to do is think about the overall "intent" of a rule when applying it and then decide wether the intent was breached in those areas that are what you might call "Outside the rule but in the grey area". Sometimes you end up in an endless PM argument that becomes evident your never going to agree. Often you have three or four of those going at once! Sometimes not a thing! So it comes in sort of waves. Some days its quite and somedays its busy as heck. one thing I notice is that most eveyone I am PM'ing and talking too assumes they are the only one I am dealing with at the time. But it realy matters not I guess.

We also can see deleted posts and look and see why they were deleted and what was deleted. But if someone has violated some rule and he has deleted it by the time I see it then I ignore it. I consider that to be his realization that it was wrong and so no harm no foul. I do not bother with anyone that repents. And fixes his own problem.

There are some special buttons. Where we can do admin actions and such. But for things like correcting account problems we have to log into a control panel and do that. So many times I have several windows open and one of those open as well. I might be refresing talk and Friendly more often than others. And then use one to skip around and spot check threads and all. One to check reported posts as well from. And we also see some forums you do not. Special Team forums (several of those including Lions?Kids in one) and a special Moderator forum where we discuss problems and coordinate things. And then there is "The graveyard" where we move posts that need to be deleted but we want them for records.

Evil1
09-17-2004, 01:23 AM
That's kind of cool.

Python14
09-17-2004, 01:28 AM
This is like taking a tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery.