PDA

View Full Version : The worst day (choppin')

Shaft
10-27-2001, 05:02 PM
I took my Mag out for the first time today. Was testing out my new Warp as well as a plastic nubbin (Thanks AGD).
I was choppin' paint like a blender.
I went back to a metal nubbin.
Still choppin'.
I tried a few things. It would chop 95%!!!
I watched for short strokes.
CHOP!
Went to a different kind of ball!
CHOP CHOP!!!
One shot at a time!
CHOP!!!!
Changed the impeller in my REVVIE (this is another thread altogether).
Still CHOPPIN!!!
Didn't try removing the warp since I left my regular PF-plug at home.
Could it have been the warp feeding too slow (weak battery)?
Poor warp ball stack?
Crap paint (wasn't polar ice) and cold weather (40*)?

I am using a PFHL body with the hose going around to the right. Is this a problem?
I have no problem picking up a PFHR or PFWL body if need be - if that would stop the CHOP!!!!

In the past weeks I have not had any problem at all like this. Barrel is a good match. Velocity is straight.
Suggestions, ideas are most welcome.

Russ
10-27-2001, 05:41 PM
First, make sure the paint can flow through the system. Here's how I do it.

1. Twist the barrel so it can't feed into the breach.
2. Remove the power feed plug.
3. Fill up the Revy, and turn 'er on.
4. Press & hold the feed button on the warp. Balls should be pouring out of the PF like crazy. (catch 'em in something) Run several hoppers full through.

This will tell you if the feed pipe is binding up the PB's, and if the Revy can keep up with the warp.

Next step is to make sure that the power feed plug is properly set. See RobAGD's excellent post on that. Make sure the batteries are new, and that the sensitivity is properly set. It changes as the batteries get weaker.

How are you activating the warp? By vibration or via interlink cable?

Shaft
10-27-2001, 07:00 PM
I'll check all that out.
I have it it connected via interlink on the I-frame.

Russ
10-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Interlink...make sure the warp feed turns every time you pull the trigger. udtseal had a bad experience with his E-Mag & Warp.

udtseal
10-27-2001, 10:17 PM
Yes I did! And my gun and warp are at AGD right now to get fixed when they get back from World Cup. Do what Russ says and you will narrow it down one thing at a time. Thats what I had to do. Dont be like me and just flip balls at the first sign of a problem (I can tell you are taking a much better approach to the problem than I did already, which is very good!) so good luck!

FeelTheRT
10-28-2001, 07:35 AM
hrmm sounds like your not using paint that fits your barrel properly...

AGD
10-29-2001, 12:12 AM
It's actually a good thing that it's chopping all the time. That makes it easier to diagnose, we have more problems with 1 in 100 chops.

Most likely it's one of two things,
1. you are not feeding the balls in reliably. This is probably not the case since you said you are chopping when you single fire. This gives the balls time to gravity feed into the breach.

2. The warp is double feeding balls into the barrel. This would be common with a new warp that has dry wheels.

The feed wheel will accumulate oil on it from the surface of the paint. It was designed to feed properly with this accumulation so you don't have to clean it all the time. This is the natural coating on the balls anyway and does not affect accuracy. When the wheels are dry it puts a LOT of pressure on the ball stack.

Break a paintball and put some paint on your finger. Stick your finger down inside the warp against the insides of the wheel and press the preload button. This will spin the wheel and coat the surface. I bet this will fix your problem.

Before you oil the wheels, rotate your barrel and take out your power feed plug. Put your thumb over the open end and press the preload button with the hopper full of paint. You can now feel how much pressure the warp is putting out. Next oil the wheels and test again. This will tell you something about the problem. If there is a BIG difference you had too much stack pressure.

Report back here on your results.

AGD

Shaft
11-04-2001, 02:31 AM
Did as you suggested. No problems with the warp today.

It was good of you to send Jon and the others over to make sure I wouldn't break any more paint. It makes it a lot easier to use my mag when I know I have the AGD tech crew there on hand. Next time please send the spokesmodel with them.

Now that's customer service!!! Ha ha!
Later
r