PDA

View Full Version : I would hate to see this at 30,000 feet...

Mango
09-16-2004, 10:00 AM
That will buff right out.

"Ahh stewardess...can I get a double double vodka on the rocks, please?"

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jtrussell7/stiffdrinkneeded.jpg

TheTramp
09-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Oh great! My nightmare in picture form. :mad:

sig11
09-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Wow! Thats an awesome picture!

ntn4502
09-16-2004, 10:44 AM
pssshh, I've scene worse flying :rolleyes:

lord1234
09-16-2004, 10:46 AM
pshop or not?

BradAGD
09-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Double Vodka? Leave the whole BIG bottle please....

I was flying to an AGD event once, sitting in a window seat next to the engine. All of a sudden, there was a big BOOM and a bright flash out the window. Sounded like someone shot a 12 gauge outside the plane. Everyone's flipping out, I just closed the window shade and kept reading my magazine. Nothing I could do at that point. Hoped the other engine would take us all the way to the crash site. :wow:

Flow_Tech
09-16-2004, 10:54 AM
defintly not something i needed to see,considering the fact that i am flying to englishtown,NJ tomorrow :tard: :eek:

Mango
09-16-2004, 10:59 AM
It's totally not pshoped, the story behind it is the maintenance doors ripped off but the plane landed safely.

Lumberjack
09-16-2004, 11:03 AM
They should have used the good duck tape!!

And thanks ya'll for flyin Redneck Air.

:rofl:

taylor492
09-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Yikes! That looks like the color scheme of Southwest. MMMaybe ill fly AmericaWest when i go to TX in Oct. :eek:

Irelandunfree
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
defintly not something i needed to see,considering the fact that i am flying to englishtown,NJ tomorrow :tard: :eek:

Flying to Englishtown the town or just to NJ the driving to Englishtown?

Flow_Tech
09-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Flying to Englishtown the town or just to NJ the driving to Englishtown?

were flying to phily,and then driving to E-town for a truck show..eaither way,i am now scared for life.

sig11
09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
I bet they didn't even divert the flight... :)

Lee

logamus
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
for me, the concern would not be in the exposed engine parts, but where the access panels flew off to. big hunks of metal floating around the atmosphere at 400 knots can do some damage.

1stdeadeye
09-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Southwest is Beige and orange, not blue. Not sure who that is.

bornl33t
09-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Southwest is Beige and orange, not blue. Not sure who that is.

pacific air or klm?

Konigballer
09-16-2004, 08:33 PM
hey, that reminds me of something. You guys remember the Twighlight Zone movie? That one part with John Lithgow and the little gremelin on the plane was actually called "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", how fitting. That used to scare the crap out of me when I was little. :wow:

Kevmaster
09-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Nothing I could do at that point. Hoped the other engine would take us all the way to the crash site. :wow:

Shame on you brad...wheres the citing Ron White on that!! Tisk Tisk!

RogueFactoryKid
09-16-2004, 08:59 PM
hey, that reminds me of something. You guys remember the Twighlight Zone movie? That one part with John Lithgow and the little gremelin on the plane was actually called "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", how fitting. That used to scare the crap out of me when I was little. :wow:

I believe the first aired version of that twilight zone had William Shatner playing the part of the crazed man seeing the "Something on the wing." Shortly after everyone thought he was insane he screamed out "KKKKKAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

BobTheCow
09-16-2004, 09:58 PM
I believe the first aired version of that twilight zone had William Shatner playing the part of the crazed man seeing the "Something on the wing." Shortly after everyone thought he was insane he screamed out "KKKKKAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"Damn, beat me to it... crazy picture though, definitely not something I'd like to see in person!! :(

gimp
09-17-2004, 12:27 AM
I dont know man, that doesn't look to bad. They probably just forgot to put the covers on after working on the engine, or they didn't latch them in or something. I might feel more confident when I look at it and don't see any liquids blowing out. It doesn't seem like something that would effect the overall aerodynamics of the plane. Of course, seeing it in person would definetly freek me out.

I'd still use it as an excuse to drink heavily though.

BlackVCG
09-17-2004, 02:01 AM
This is why in aeronautics, all systems are backed-up and the back-ups have back-ups. These people know what they're doing despite all the horror stories and scare-tactics the media presents.

Brad: Sounds like the engine sucked in a bird. Happens more often than you think. Boeing spent a decent amount of money building a cannon to shoot frozen chickens into their engines when they were testing them to see what would happen. I would say a frozen chicken would simulate the worst case scenario for a bird being sucked into the engine.

bornl33t
09-17-2004, 05:18 AM
This is why in aeronautics, all systems are backed-up and the back-ups have back-ups. These people know what they're doing despite all the horror stories and scare-tactics the media presents.

Brad: Sounds like the engine sucked in a bird. Happens more often than you think. Boeing spent a decent amount of money building a cannon to shoot frozen chickens into their engines when they were testing them to see what would happen. I would say a frozen chicken would simulate the worst case scenario for a bird being sucked into the engine.

Hungry airplane if you ask me...

ntn4502
09-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I personally like the chicken into the nosecone videos we had to watch, both went flying into peices and was concidered acceptable by the nosecone company :tard:

JimmyBeam
09-17-2004, 01:13 PM
They should have used the good duck tape!!

And thanks ya'll for flyin Redneck Air.

:rofl:

actually thats not far from the truth. 100 mph tape is used quite often on airliners and other aircraft as a temporary fix until it can get some down time
and that is an actual photo. some idiot forgot to secure the engine cowlings before flight. the plane simply turned around and landed safely