PDA

View Full Version : Why Is My C&C Housing Different, Or Isnt It?

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok, i just bought a C&C battery housing and it has a "powdered" steal bottem cap on it. Is this normal? It was from the first run of housings before they were released on xmags and i was told thats how it was bought. Any help would be great. Im kinda stuck cus i was gonna get it annoed but annoing steel is a no no.

Bad_Dog
09-17-2004, 09:50 PM
I smell a liar, someone make their own housing bottom?

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-17-2004, 09:54 PM
It couldnt have been made by the previous owner. The way that a bottem like the one on my housing is made from powdered steel then stamped out in machines for mass production. Theres no way someon coulda done it themselves unless they had some major resources. Also, it would be easier for the average person to make it out of plain steel or aluminum which further negates the thought of him making it himself. Ill get pics up tommorow.

EDIT: I know its steel for a fact. I could tell by just looking at it and my dad knew right away from experience (tool&dye and so on) that it wasnt aluminum.

Adrenaline_Junkie
09-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Why would AGD make some of the bottems on some C&C housings diff than others? I mean, the one on the agd website looks all aluminum while mine doesnt. Anyway, ill check tommorow to see if its steel or not and ill get pics up.