PDA

View Full Version : auto "cocking" conversion

space_weazel_45
09-18-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm sure people have seen this before but I had not and about laughed my bottom off. so here I give you the talon cocker for your enjoyment.
http://homepage.mac.com/pleisey/.Movies/Untitled%201.mov

ZSigErik
09-18-2004, 12:29 AM
:wow:
wow, thats nutzo!

Ratzo
09-18-2004, 05:07 AM
I'm very impressed, with this fellow's ability to take a Talon and make it a semi.
That's not something that would have ever crossed my mind.
And even if it did I highly doubt, it would have worked for me.

Mosfet
09-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Thats freaking awesome!
I love it when someone does something completely nuts to a marker and it works!

:hail: :headbang: :hail:

Enos Shenk
09-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Wow, tacking on pneumatics is one thing, but that thing actually seems reasonably well timed.

FallNAngel
09-18-2004, 10:52 AM
There's really nothing to time, he has the bolt and hammer linked. When you release the trigger, it fires.

MonsterMag
09-18-2004, 10:57 AM
wow thats nutty , i luv mods that are well worth the time

and this is one of them

Enos Shenk
09-18-2004, 02:24 PM
There's really nothing to time, he has the bolt and hammer linked. When you release the trigger, it fires.

Timing referring to the relationship between the firing of the gun, and the operation of the cocking.

FallNAngel
09-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Timing referring to the relationship between the firing of the gun, and the operation of the cocking.

I know what timing refers to, I've owned several cockers. There's no timing involved in this. When you pull the trigger back, the bolt and hammer move back. When you release the trigger, they both move forward.

marfish
09-21-2004, 10:59 PM
I agree, they, the bolt and hammer, release on trigger release. :shooting: My question is are they completely released to fly free at the valve when the trigger is or are they speed regulated by the speed of the trigger return? I.e. slow trigger return= slow hammer/bolt drive= slow ball speed.

FallNAngel
09-22-2004, 05:01 PM
I agree, they, the bolt and hammer, release on trigger release. :shooting: My question is are they completely released to fly free at the valve when the trigger is or are they speed regulated by the speed of the trigger return? I.e. slow trigger return= slow hammer/bolt drive= slow ball speed.

Although I could be wrong, I think it's regulated by the speed that you let go of the trigger. Since the bolt and hammer are both linked to the ram, if you let go of the trigger slowly, the bolt and hammer will close slower. I'm sure the LPR pressure is also a factor in the velocity as it also affects the speed that the hammer closes.

rpm07
09-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Thats pretty cool

Kevmaster
09-22-2004, 07:23 PM
"Brass Eagle Baby!"