PDA

View Full Version : Shocker upgrades?

MadChild
09-18-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm getting an 03 vision shocker soon. any reccommended upgrades i should get for it? its pretty much stock. let me know. thanks

SpecialBlend2786
09-18-2004, 01:06 AM
I think there is a new bolt out by smart parts. And there are some cool triggers as well. Other than that i dont think there are many upgrades. Could be wrong though.....

LeatherPants
09-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Yea best upgrade to get for a shocker is a Viking. ;)

Actually you should get the HE bolt for it. I do believe you will see a 2-3 increase in pods per 68/4500

Also couple guys I know put the Nerve ramping board in their Shockers. If that's whay you're in to then that's an option for you.

Evil1
09-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Definitely pick up the SP HE bolt kit. It is a bit pricey, but it makes the gun way more efficient. I would only get 600-700 shots off of a 68/45 w/ the stock bolt. With the new bolt I can get around 900-1000. Also, if you happen to be getting an early production 03 shocker and it still has the old delrin bolt, you can send it to SP and they will give you the new aluminum bolt. The delrin bolt had efficiency, leaking and bolt stick issues. The aluminum cleared all of that up. Another thing that I forgot to add is that the SP HE bolt got rid of FSDO for me. With the stock bolt, if the gun sat for more than a minute or two, it would have FSDO bad, but the HE bolt cured that.

Mosfet
09-18-2004, 08:07 AM
I still have to say ICD or xmag, but an HE bolt is definately a plus if your fixed on the shocker.
:p
That and a clamping feed neck and you're set.

I'd personally like to get the hot-chick-to-hold-my-marker-and-load-my-pods upgrade, but my wife wont let me. :p

Glickman
09-18-2004, 08:10 AM
i just got a shocker, and its maiden voyage was shatnerball. i had no problem with effiency really, i think i was able to to get atleast 2 rounds off which was 2 hoppers and 4 pods. soo thats:

2 hoppers = 170 x 2= 340
4 pods = 140 x 4= 560

so i was getting ATLEAST 900 balls per fill, and i would usually fill before i had 500 psi left

but...

the new bolt is supposed to give you 1000 more shots off a 68, so its pretty much worth it.

Also, if u come from using a trigger with the two nubs, like a stock matrix, as i did, you might want the wave trigger. i find it kinda hard to walk it beyond 13, while i should be getting upwords of 16, consistantly, which im not exactly getting. although it was the first time i was using the gun, or a flat trigger for that matter.

but i cant exactly recommend anything else. im sure youve heard how they suck, break easily, and wahtnot, but the truth is, out of the one i own, and the three ive tried (toxic, ultimate, dynasty) they all rock. the only "common" problem is people try to take off the gripframe, and break the vision cable.

good luck with the shocker, its a awsome investment :cheers:

Lohman446
09-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Agreed, the upgraded bolt is an almost have to - Evolve and SP both make ones - as does New Designz. Word was the ND ones had some issues, and that SP has basically just reverse engineered the evolve bolt to make theres and priced it a touch cheaper.

Stiffer ball detents will be nice - New Designz makes some decent ones. Though I will note I am still double feeding with a HALO.

logamus
09-18-2004, 01:25 PM
my shocker was fantastic and i had the old delrin bolt in it. the he bolt is a very solid upgrade, i liked the stock trigger but the wave looks like a nice choice as well. the only upgrade i did was to get a clamping feedneck because i have an odd clamping feedneck fetish. you should be very happy with it.

BlackWeenie
09-18-2004, 02:19 PM
I still have to say ICD or xmag...

you just cant have a thread about a shocker w/o a stupid comment like this, and frankly its getting really annoying. the guy has decided that he wants to get a shocker, these comments are not going to change his mind. :tard:.

anyways, as the others said the first thing that you should do is to get the HE bolt. the efficiency increase tenfold, and it also cures FSDO (first shot drop off, if you didnt know). and theres also new triggers for it. that seems to be pretty much all as far as upgrades go, for now.

slade
09-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I'd personally like to get the hot-chick-to-hold-my-marker-and-load-my-pods upgrade, but my wife wont let me. :p
yeah, smart parts sure advertises that upgrade a lot :rolleyes:

MadChild
09-18-2004, 07:06 PM

i already have a few of those. i like to call them pod-b****es. they fill our pods and hold ours guns for us lol.

No sKiLLz
09-19-2004, 01:13 AM
Personal reccomendations:
Swap the inline maxflow with a CP or better reg.
Low pressure preset tank.
Low pressure ASA kit from Evolve with Nexus or comparable LPR.
I would reccomend the Evolve bolt for purported efficiency numbers, but I haven't had one work right yet. Still trying to find the trick to that.

Good luck.

magmonkey
09-19-2004, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=BlackWeenie]you just cant have a thread about a shocker w/o a stupid comment like this, and frankly its getting really annoying. the guy has decided that he wants to get a shocker, these comments are not going to change his mind. :tard:.

no they wont change his mind but maybe someone elses

my upgrades?

A wood chipper.....

actualy a new designs lpr adapter and a scm2

Alan
DC

1stdeadeye
09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I added the H/E Bolt kit and a CCM Clamping Feedneck. Both were well worth it. It works as a great back up to my X-Mag!

FragTek
09-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Things I can think of off the top of my head are the HE bolt kit, LPR Adapter, CCM Feedneck, new reg and a new barrel.