PDA

View Full Version : TwistLock Barrel won't go in.

Liquidflame947
09-18-2004, 02:29 AM
First off, yes I am a new mag owner if you couldnt tell already. I've owned this thing for about 1 hour now and I can't get the barrel in. I have a basic vertical feed RT and a Dye boomstick twistlock. I can see the little pin inside the body but when I slide the barrel in, it won't go past it. Any tricks or something so easy it's stupid I should try?

darrickws
09-18-2004, 02:41 AM
need to take the grip frame off and loses the hex nut that adjusts the twist lock pin. My new boomstick wouldnt go into mist mags until i did this. Most barrel guide channels are cut deeper so you dont have a problem, Dyes have probs.

Flow_Tech
09-18-2004, 09:04 AM
yea,i had this problem as well, when i did a search of the inside of the body,i noticed that the screw that holds the front of the frame on was sticking up thru the rail,and i just grinded it down with a dremel a little bit,that worked for me.

personman
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Er- dont dremel it down. There is a set screw like darrickws said that is under your body rail. Its kind of hard to miss, there is a small brass cylinder and on the bottom of it is a setscrew. Lefty loosy :)
Edit: Wow I totally misread coupons post.
Yes, he is right, I've experianced this too. Its easier just to get a washer to fix it.

darrickws
09-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Sometimes if you lose the washer under the frame scew, or have a screw that is a bit too long, it will come up through the body and hit the barrel, not letting it go in. Easyyest way to check that is to stick your finger in and see if you can feel the screw comming uo behind the twistlock pin. If you can, either grind it or adda washer/oring under it to shorten.

But because it sounded like it was just a "Dye Barrel" only problem, I still think it is the twistlock needs to be adjusted.

gl

Titansu
09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
You might want to check your barrel o-rings holding your nubbins (either metal or plastic clips on the barrel itself).

You could take them off and then try to slide the barrel in. If it goes in and clicks, you may want to get some softer o-rings.

You can test the twist-lock pin w/ your finger. If you're not able to push it down, you should loosen it up.