PDA

View Full Version : Why do you go to AO?

Miscue
10-27-2001, 09:37 PM
My answer is simple: because I live here... :)

Was wondering what your reasons were.

DYE-BaLLeR
10-27-2001, 09:43 PM
nuthin better to do then mags

PaInTbALL zAcH
10-27-2001, 09:50 PM
I Have absolutely no social life and there is a TV behind me.

udtseal
10-27-2001, 10:10 PM
I used to go to the Volkswagen owners group forum (www.vwvortex.com) all the time, but the last time I was on there was back in August, before I joined here. I havent been there since!!! This forum is really the best one I have had the chance to be a member of. I think it has to do with the people here, and also the small size. The vortex was so huge that you post something and within 15 minutes its on page 2. No point. Plus, most of the people were just not reliabel for info. I come here for information exchange, for a good laugh and to just shoot the breeze with my fellow mag owners. :p

Riot[Z-Grip]
10-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Good music, fast cars, faster women....... Oh wait, I mean:
*Good people
*Good advice
*AGD
*My team formed on here
*Lots o' Info
*Questions like this

-Riot

Dubstar112
10-27-2001, 10:19 PM
so i can empress my local feeld wiht aall the knowlege i lurn hear

:)

but, there is an example why i dont like to come here sometimes in the other forum.. :o

thei3ug
10-27-2001, 10:26 PM
it gives me a break from my otherwise dull and meaningless existance. It slows my mental breakdown.

StevoC
10-27-2001, 10:45 PM
I bought my mag back at the beginning of the year and wanted to learn as much about it as I could. This place has been a wonderful source of information for me, and everyone is so darn nice....:)

Army
10-27-2001, 11:04 PM
If Tom didn't pay me such an enormous salary just to be a moderator, I'd probably go back to Spyder.com.

The two Emags with Warp and HALOs was just a bribe to keep Sarah as a member too.........

(snicker :cool: )

DiRTyBuNNy
10-27-2001, 11:14 PM
I hate to sound cheesy as heck..but AO just feels like the internet equivalent of the "Cheers" bar...i was a former cocker owner, was unhappy with it (even with the WGP swing trigger) got my minimag in a trade..found this place..and i've never left..i mean..i work and sleep and i read the AO forums..it may seems pretty boring to some..but i just view all of you out there as family..we talk and sometimes we disagree but we all love mags and this is just our place to show it..and i like that...

InfinatyBPS
10-28-2001, 12:49 AM
How did I find this place? I have no idea. I just remember I had my raptor and felt that I wanted somthing better. I saw the mag and heard the good things about it and somehow found this forum. I came here hung out, hoping some day to get a mag... waited almost a year after saving up to get a mag... I got a cocker :) but I still like mags and all. I am prolly not gonna leave even though I have a cocker because everyone here is so helpful, knowledgable, and caring. It is like a little community where everyone knows your name*begins to sing the theme song to Cheers...*. I hope that this place never goes out for good or everyone will lose alot of friends. Also this forum helped me form my team.

FooTemps
10-28-2001, 01:25 AM
I found this site when I tried to find an automags forum. First I typed automags.com, i got some weird stuff. Then I typed automags.net, I can't remember what I got. Then I typed automags.org and now I'm here.

Nobody
10-28-2001, 03:47 AM
for myself, i felt that i was missing something in the R&D of AGD. had no clue about the blade triggers and the intelliframes and all the other goodies that Uncle Tom brings out for Mag users in the world. there are many questions that i do not have the answers for. though i may know alot about Mags, i do know that i can always learn more about them.

besides, its a fresh breath of air to know that the people in the forum all know that you can run a Mag on co2 with no problems and the person pulling the trigger chops the paint, not the gun. those are the 2 biggest things that can get me started. you want an arguement from me? say those two things, and i will be down your throat.

MJS1214
10-28-2001, 06:38 AM
i post here because my brother told me about it and
i used to ask him alot of paintball uqestions,so now i go here to ask them!:D oh yea,also to keep up with new mag accesories

FeelTheRT
10-28-2001, 07:21 AM
though i don't own an Automag anymore, i concider myself very expirienced with them. Sometimes i try to help out abit in the tech fourms. Mainly because this is a very good forum and very orginized.

Flamebo
10-28-2001, 07:33 AM
After awhile it just became habitual and I just keep coming back... Go figure.

Prezents
10-28-2001, 07:52 AM
Good conversation and friends

daveymag
10-28-2001, 09:22 AM
LOL Flambo!:D
I first came here when Andy owned the site, and I found it by going to www.askjeeves.com and typing in automags, and it came up with this site. I had no idea what all of the info was about because I owned a tippman. Then I bought mine and have been satisfied ever since.
I don't know why i keep coming back though, you guys are all buttheads. :p

e21bgl
10-28-2001, 09:49 AM
Well , it was the only place that I could get through all about AGD's products & etc. :)

cphilip
10-28-2001, 09:56 AM
I have to have... SOMETHING... to do at work.... ;)

boggerman
10-28-2001, 10:17 AM
I was on the rec.sport.paintball newsgroup and Big-T mentioned this site to another new mag owner. I thought it sounded interesting and I have never left. I have learned alot about my mag here and I am now even happier that I bought a mag instead of something else. The only problem I have now is that I can't stop buying stuff for my mag(see my sig line) and my ebay addiction just netted me a minimag too, it should be here next week I hope.

Russ
10-28-2001, 05:59 PM
I like to talk about paintball. (dry enough ;) )

deweasel697
10-28-2001, 06:03 PM
I'm simply obsessed

Bailey
10-28-2001, 08:26 PM
The people,...and the information...hmmm what else?

Mag89
10-28-2001, 08:32 PM
I hang around here to learn, help people, have fun and hear whats happening in the paintball world.

jah871
10-28-2001, 08:39 PM
i come here to keep up on new mag stuff, help people out in the tech forum, to have my questions answered and because its fun.

nutz
10-28-2001, 08:40 PM
for the automags =)

Tbone
10-28-2001, 09:44 PM
College=no mag at school (for now anyway)=withdrawl=visit AO at least three times a day

Chaos
10-29-2001, 01:38 AM
because so many people in the world have nothing better to do than sit [edited out]

Magadeth
10-29-2001, 02:08 AM
because I loves me Mag, and this is possibly the best paintball site on the web.

Panzerr
10-29-2001, 10:16 AM
To learn more, and to show my support for the automag community.

Temo Vryce
10-29-2001, 11:41 AM
I come here because work is really slow. I won't tell your boss if you dont' tell mine. :)

hitmanng
10-29-2001, 07:17 PM
Because I have to many friends here to leave.
Thanks
hitmanng

Major Ho
10-29-2001, 09:32 PM
Rob made me do it! :D He grabbed me by my girlie arm and twisted it... My wrist still hurts :p

Thordic
10-30-2001, 08:10 AM
Well, I showed up here around a year ago (last january, I think) when I was trying to decide what kind of new gun I wanted. Cocker, Mag, I had no idea.

Anyway, I came in here, surfed around, hit the IRC chat, and I think Rob told me he'd mount my ear if I bought a cocker. So I got my mag :)

Anyway, this place is and continues to be the best place for information on paintball on the web, not just for mags, but for everything. Its like a Warpig social club. :) We just steal all Bill's info anyway, so I can get it all in one place (Although I do admit I go to warpig all the time anyway to see if anything cool is floating around there that hasn't been discovered yet).

Anyway, now it's too late to leave, I'm stuck here.

Oh, and FREE STUFF :) I've got stickers, plastic nubbins, a tshirt, and a sweatshirt. And because I found this place my buddy Jeff now how a free RT Pro. Free stuff is good :)

Oh, lastly, you meet some great people to play with (Tunaman, MagDog68, UDTSEAL, BigZamboni, Hasty8, and others)

slateman
10-30-2001, 08:18 AM
I AM ADDICTED

XspyX
10-30-2001, 03:25 PM
I dunno...:confused:

Muzikman
10-30-2001, 03:33 PM
Miscue,
It's all about you! You are my only reason for being on AO!!! :)

<jk>