PDA

View Full Version : Shaun of the Dead

Trick
09-18-2004, 02:30 PM
For some reason, the local theater had a showing last night, so I was obligated to go.

If you haven't seen it, the first chance you get... go. It's the perfect blend of comedy and zombie action.

My only major complaint is the sometimes thick British accent that gets in the way for some people... I found myself laughing at some of the British words that some people were too base to understand.

But yeah... go. Now.

HoppysMag
09-18-2004, 02:51 PM
i wanna see it SOO bad
i like most brit humor, and i love zombie movies

jdev
09-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I caught this last night at a local theater also.

great blend of comedy with the "day of the dead" feel to it.

go check it out. I recommend.

Warewolf50
09-18-2004, 04:10 PM
For some reason, the local theater had a showing last night, so I was obligated to go.

If you haven't seen it, the first chance you get... go. It's the perfect blend of comedy and zombie action.

My only major complaint is the sometimes thick British accent that gets in the way for some people... I found myself laughing at some of the British words that some people were too base to understand.

But yeah... go. Now.

me bneing the cheap bastard i am downloaded it casue it is already out on dvd in england, and well i was extremely dissapointed casue it wasnt as funny as it thought it was gonna be. I could see it being enjoyable if i looked at it like a actual zombie movie with some comedy thrown in.

The problem was i went into seeing it thinking it would be like a huge comedy spoof movie. but it wasnt.

Will Wood
09-18-2004, 04:14 PM
me bneing the cheap bastard i am downloaded it
Yup....
Havn't gotten a chance to watch it though, had it for a while now.
Breifly viewed a few scenes though. Seems alright.

Jonneh
09-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Shaun of the Dead is extremely funny, and on top of that a pretty good zombie movie too.

Virtually everyone in the cast previously worked on a british sitcom called Spaced, personally I think spaced is much funnier than sotd and if you even slightly giggled at sotd I strongly suggest you watch some of Spaced. Some of the dialog is just fantastic. There's even an episode about paintball!