PDA

View Full Version : profiler Q

nirvana1234
09-18-2004, 07:45 PM
sorry if this has been asked a million times. but does the profiler fog up a lot. i was trying one on today and i noticed it didnt have a thermal lens. do they have a anti fog coating on it and is it going to wear off if it does...sorry again i just need to no.

Rather
09-18-2004, 08:02 PM
I've never notticed much fog in the 2 months i've had mine. Only thing i would sy is keep them clean (rinse them off once after every couple of games or after every gog) and it shouldn't present much fogging. I've had mine fog when i left them up over my head but not when playing. Although i can only say this about playing and reffing at an indoor field.... :rolleyes: hope i helped jsut a little.

Load SM5
09-18-2004, 08:04 PM
They have an antifog coating on the lens so you would'nt want to scrub the inside for any reason. Mine almost never fogs despite the fact I live in Alabama and the humidity is a killer here.

athomas
09-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I've never had a problem with mine fogging. A friend of mine did (actually it was more of a condensation problem), but then I pointed out that he was covering the top vent holes with his beanie. Once he moved it, the fogging problem went away.

crewbe
09-18-2004, 10:24 PM
mine only fogs up when i play indoors

trains are bad
09-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Mine fogs. Every mask I've ever had has fogged. It's my curse.

Richter
09-19-2004, 12:20 AM
never had any vforce mask fog up on me; i have a profiler and morph; i love them! great masks

FSU_Paintball
09-19-2004, 12:24 AM
They don't fog because they're designed differently. I think the bottom shelf is solid instead of vented, meaning they don't fog very easily at all as opposed to a different mask, even with a thermal lens.

Josh2Xtremes
09-19-2004, 03:44 AM
As you can see from my little picture that occassionally pops up here on AO, I love my PROfiler. Mine has not fogged in the over 1 year I've kept one lens installed in it (probably not good so don't tell Opie, but those blue mirrors are hard to find! lol) Thanks to their anti-fog lens coating that seems never to wear off and a design that helps plenty of air flow in and out, I haven't been able to fog ANY VForce yet. :D
Josh

Lohman446
09-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Mine never fog, my only complaint with them is if you allow pink paint to sit between the goggles themselves and the lenses it stains the lenses. I wear glasses and it seems that the v-force or the only ones that keep my glasses from fogging up. Sure invisions dont fog, but my glasses behind them do - not so with the profiler.

FragTek
09-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Never had mine fog up on me.

Clare
09-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Mine never fog. Though, I have a nasty habit of not cleaning my lenses for days after tournaments and they always end up stained. Don't do what I do, kids!

gc82000
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I want to know how do you ppl like the foam? I hear about people who hate the foam cause when it is wet it chafes. is this true? I dont want to spread bad news just want to the truth.

Load SM5
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Just sprinkle a little medicated powder on your head to prevent the chaffing.

Um. no. The foam is super. Chaffing is not an issue.

Blazestorm
09-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I would also call profilers "cheater" goggles.

Why?

Shoot yourself anywhere in the vents and look at it within a 5 seconds, I can almost guarentee 90% of the paint will seep through the venting and it'll look like old paint inside the venting, but if you take off the mask and look at the inside, theres tons of paint everywhere.

But that's not really a problem... not that I cheat or anything :tard:

FallNAngel
09-20-2004, 12:10 PM
I would also call profilers "cheater" goggles.

Why?

Shoot yourself anywhere in the vents and look at it within a 5 seconds, I can almost guarentee 90% of the paint will seep through the venting and it'll look like old paint inside the venting, but if you take off the mask and look at the inside, theres tons of paint everywhere.

But that's not really a problem... not that I cheat or anything :tard:

Yeah, and people always get hit in the vents. If the player doesn't call themself out, it's the person that's cheating, not the goggles.

Blazestorm
09-20-2004, 12:41 PM
But the refs are going to have a harder time finding hits if all of the paint is INSIDE of the mask which is invisible to the refs.

You shouldn't be the one calling yourself out, because what if it bounced? I'm not going to check myself and while checking I get shot. I think any hit is an un-obvious hit excluding gun and lens shots... I'm not going to take the .2 seconds to look down at my knee to see if that hit broke, I'm going to let the ref tell me. I can poke out and start shooting in the time it takes to check myself.

Lohman446
09-20-2004, 04:02 PM
But the refs are going to have a harder time finding hits if all of the paint is INSIDE of the mask which is invisible to the refs.

You shouldn't be the one calling yourself out, because what if it bounced? I'm not going to check myself and while checking I get shot. I think any hit is an un-obvious hit excluding gun and lens shots... I'm not going to take the .2 seconds to look down at my knee to see if that hit broke, I'm going to let the ref tell me. I can poke out and start shooting in the time it takes to check myself.

Anyone here been hit in the vents and not had it pretty obvious pretty quick - paint still tastes nasty.