PDA

View Full Version : Classic AIR Valve leakage and wierdness

themish
09-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Ok, so ebay gets me this new really old automag68c for pretty cheap. I'm new to the automag scene so I took a good look at the insides before game-day and figured how the gun worked...(I run co2 through remote. The gun is stock with profeed body and TASO thumb velocity adjuster) I figured out the gist of the mechanics and went to sleep. Wake up the next day, drive out, and bam:
I gas it up: Trigger doesnt push up into ready mode...I figure my trigger rod is screwed in too much into the front of the sear so I unscrew it a little. Ok, gas it up, trigger pushes up properly. I take a few shots, velocity is hella low, mess around with the thumb adjuster, fire a few shots, trigger deflates. Ok... Ungas and regas. Trigger goes up into ready, i fire a shot and it deflates. Ungas, take apart gun, as im taking it apart, on-off flies out of gun (WTF?) put it all back together and regas, WHOA CRAP LEAKAGE! My remote lines is busted and its leaking from a connection point....get my spare remote. Gas up, WHOA CRAP LEAKAGE, i can fire the gun but the gun is leaking...sounded like from the on off assembly but could have been down the barrel. But the leaking was bad and loud. So I figured I'de been ripped off and closed it up and went home.
I came home, opened up the ol'e blow up diagram, and see that only one thing is missing; The Bumper. I really dont think that could have been my problem, but im getting a new bumper in the next week. Busted Piston/Reg body? I dunno! HELP!

athomas
09-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Get an AGD genuine o-ring kit. Take the mag valve apart and clean it and check the o-rings. Replace any suspect ones. Lightly lubricate the orings as you put the gun back together. Once this is done, you will know that the valve is nice and clean. Dirt can cause all sorts of problems.

silentdeath55
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
If you messed with the trigger rod, you probably need a new one or a set of calipers to reset it. They are factory set and do not need adjustment, unless the guy who had it before you messed with it. If it's leaking out of the back, you may need a new reg piston. Check the o-rings in the on/off hole and see if they are in good shape. My guess is that you are missing or have some broken/damaged o-rings.

themish
09-19-2004, 06:35 PM
ok, im going to take apart and reclean everything and the parts kit should be here day after tomorrow. Will post back, thanks guys

PS, Can i use number 9 hoppes gun oil on this gun

PPS, I've been looking at everything more thoroughly, took everything apart, redid the trigger rod to specifications as stated at the airgun site (1/16 inch) And noticed several things.
First of all, the power tube tip unscrews but 1/4-1/3 of the bottom threading (on the tip) is horribly stripped to the point of not being there.
Second, there was no spacer in the power tube as in the automag diagrams on the site. I'm thinking that the spacer is extra and the little spring in there is the stock spacer.
Third, No o-rings were messed up, but i'm going to replace them anyway.
Could the PT Tip be the cause of my problem?

scrumpy
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Don't be worried about the lack of a spacer and the presents of a spring. Springs were before the dawn of spacers and I've heard it suggested to just leave it alone and you'll be fine. The power tube tip problem might explain the extreme leakage, pick up a new one, they're relativly cheap.

themish
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
thanks scrumpy, nice, minnesota, know any good places to pick it up from cuz i hate shipping charges...and where are you located in Minnesota? I'm in Edina...

Gazoo
09-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Try Splat your out in blaine, but be warned, may charge a bit. Adventure zone in burnsville may have it. Alamo paintball can order it for you too.

Where do you play? We have been know to congragate in Young America, check www.farmlandpaintballclub.com for info.

Im out of Forest Lake, so Splat tag in Hudson is my closest field. If you go to either of these, look for a guy with a mishmash made pump mag, that will be me.

themish
09-20-2004, 04:05 PM
nah, i play with friends at a cabin in annandale...its a good time
I'll check out those places, thanks

scrumpy
09-20-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm in Red Wing. If you ever go to a splat tag big event there is a chance I'll be there because hudson and baldwin are fairly close. I might be hitting up FSL this winter. Look for a teen with shaggy hair and a splashed smart mag if you're ever at one of those fields.
Try the shops that he said, they'll order them if they don't have them in stock, otherwise shipping off of airgun will be no more than $3 for a small item like that.