PDA

View Full Version : Air America Violator reg

stoupa
09-19-2004, 04:44 AM
I'd like to put together another mag for lending to friends. It will run on CO2. I'd like to put a Violator reg on it, it's steel, so it can survive everything (this mag will also have a steel barrel on it ;) )
But the Violators are no longer sold and are replaced by Black Ice regs, right? I would buy an used Violator, but is Air America still making parts kit for them? I couldn't find any on their site.
And please don't make me offers for regs, it's still just an idea.

kevdupuis
09-19-2004, 08:04 AM
You don't need a secondary reg on a mag, a decent expansion chamber/foregrip plus an anti siphon in the CO2 tank is all that you need on a Classic valve/CO2 combination.

Send Dan or Deb an email at AA, I'm pretty sure they still have parts and kits on hand.

stoupa
09-19-2004, 08:08 AM
I think that a good secondary regulator will be better than any expansion chamber.

daviselk
09-19-2004, 05:58 PM
a reg with c02....... on a mag..... 2 things that should be fixed
1) like he said get an expansion chamber insted of a reg... the reg with c02 on a mag does nothing
2)using a secondary reg on a mag will just mess up the one that is allready in the mag... dont do this

stoupa
09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
This is the first time i read that an expansion chamber is better than a reg. I don't know why the secondary reg shouldn't help keeping the liquid CO2 out of the gun.
Why would I mess up the AIR? I would set the Violator reg to 850 psi output. One more regulator won't starve the valve.

a reg with c02....... on a mag..... 2 things that should be fixed
1) like he said get an expansion chamber insted of a reg... the reg with c02 on a mag does nothing
2)using a secondary reg on a mag will just mess up the one that is allready in the mag... dont do this

BlackHalo
09-20-2004, 04:38 PM
and dial it down below 600 psi and use an anti-siphon bottle.

snippet from Mr. Palmer -

An Expansion chamber can over expand the CO2 and reduce the saturation of liquid within the gas. So when you fire the ball, the gas has less potential energy when released. Therefore you must use more volume of gas with an expansion chamber. Another problem with expansion chamber is that once they fill up with liquid it's no longer an expansion chamber. Once Co2 is regulated under 600 psi it can no longer remain a liquid. Most remotes have a small hole, so they don't expand the gas too much.

Shane-O-Mac
09-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Good Qoute black halo.......
Do as suggessted, black ice and tank with anti siphon.
Yes the black ice is basicly an aluminum violator, it will work well for your set-up. And as suggested, use an anti siphon tank and set the reg to 600 psi. if you set the reg to 850 psi, you wont get much regulation as a co2 tanks pressure is anywhere from 800-1000 psi, so by setting the reg at 800-850 psi, you might just be having a black ice gas-thru grip! and yes parts for violators and ALL old AA regs are available, and all AA regs are under lifetime warranty!

Ok, do you not have access to hpa? if you do, buy a 47/3000 screwin hpa tank, they cost under a $100, and will work much more consitantly. the money spent will be about the same, and you will get much better performance. if you cant get hpa easily, then go with the above reccomendation.

Shane-O

LudavicoSoldier
09-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Do this if you wants to freeze the hell out of the violator, and your hand! These regs conduct the cold like no other!

BlackHalo
09-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Hey, it's better to freeze up the first reg than the AIR reg in the mag.

And unless you're firing a lot, the chilling should be manageable.

I accidentally ran an anti-siphon bottle upside down into a Stab and even though the outside was icing up, the gun still worked perfectly. :)

daviselk
09-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey, it's better to freeze up the first reg than the AIR reg in the mag.

And unless you're firing a lot, the chilling should be manageable.

I accidentally ran an anti-siphon bottle upside down into a Stab and even though the outside was icing up, the gun still worked perfectly. :)

:shooting: :confused:
me /\ you/\

the reg that you would be holding onto would freeze up b/c it is not made to handle freezing air/liquid running through it... classic mag valves were made to be used with c02... they wont freeze up unnless u put it in a freezer or fire RLY fast.

BlackHalo
09-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Ummm...the Classic AIR valve doesn't handle liquid Co2 very well. That's why you use a second reg. They were made to handle CO2 but not liquid CO2. That's part of the reason AGD developed the use of HPA for paintball, cause the AIR Reg could shoot fast enough to suck liquid into it. Once liquid gets into it, then you freeze up your o-rings and bad things happen.

Some regs (like the Palmer Stab) handle liquid very well. That's why you use them to regulate the CO2 down to where it can't stay liquid anymore.

I tried out the dual Stab setup. I gut the AIR reg, and put on a sideline Stab and a female stab. Set the female Stab to about 600 then used the sideline to regulate the fps down to 290. Worked awesome. I drained the entire tank, I even flipped the tank so it would siphon Liquid. The female stab got frosty, but the sideline was just cold.

look it up, before you call me confused.
ciao

me /\ you/\

the reg that you would be holding onto would freeze up b/c it is not made to handle freezing air/liquid running through it... classic mag valves were made to be used with c02... they wont freeze up unnless u put it in a freezer or fire RLY fast.

daviselk
09-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Ummm...the Classic AIR valve doesn't handle liquid Co2 very well. That's why you use a second reg. They were made to handle CO2 but not liquid CO2. That's part of the reason AGD developed the use of HPA for paintball, cause the AIR Reg could shoot fast enough to suck liquid into it. Once liquid gets into it, then you freeze up your o-rings and bad things happen.

Some regs (like the Palmer Stab) handle liquid very well. That's why you use them to regulate the CO2 down to where it can't stay liquid anymore.

I tried out the dual Stab setup. I gut the AIR reg, and put on a sideline Stab and a female stab. Set the female Stab to about 600 then used the sideline to regulate the fps down to 290. Worked awesome. I drained the entire tank, I even flipped the tank so it would siphon Liquid. The female stab got frosty, but the sideline was just cold.

look it up, before you call me confused.
ciao

YOU ARE SO STUPID!!! please stop talking. i was talking about the reg..... i said nothing about not have an anti-siphon... i know they do not handle liquid well... thats also why they used to put vert. bottle adapters on the guns to keep liquid out.

oh, you just got SERVED

BlackHalo
09-22-2004, 03:59 PM
You were talking about the reg? Which reg?
It looks like you were talking about the AIR valve to me.

If you don't want people to become confused with what you say. Speak clearly.

:)

me /\ you/\

daviselk
09-22-2004, 04:51 PM
i dont know what u r confused about. i guess in canada they dont teach basic reading skills.
if you want come to the US i can get a 3rd grader to help you out with ur reading,

BlackHalo
09-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Nice reply!

Actually I graduated high school in Southern California. I was reading at a college level in grade 6.

But this is WAY OT. I will no longer respond to daviselk. I expect he will mouth off in his next message, but nobody really cares.

Stoupa - Get that 2nd reg and dial it down to just below 600, and use an anti-siphon CO2 tank. You'll be golden. AA stuff has a lifetime warantee so they should still be making parts kits for them.

This might be the parts kit - http://www.airamerica.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=42

The reg will get cold, but not too bad. Just don't stick your toungue on it :eek:

i odnt know what u r confused about. i guess in canada they dont teach basic reading skills.
if you want come to the US and i can get a 3rd grader to help you out.

daviselk
09-22-2004, 10:15 PM
and that is what u couldve done all along..

Shane-O-Mac
09-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Daviselk:......Go play in traffic kid.......geez, calm down, take a pill or something..lol. J/K

Ok, seriously, on a regular mag, with a secondary reg (i.e. violator in this case) and an anti-siphon tank, you will not "Freeze" the violator unless it is cold outside, or you can shoot a 10 bps string for 2-3 hoppers straight. Even then, the thermal transfer rate will take care of most problems of freezing and your hand holding it will help keep it warmer. The last time i seen a reg freeze was on a shocker shooting turbo non-stop for 3-4 hoppers worth of paint, and it still worked fine with the gun and max-flow reg covered in frost. ( those old 1999 max flows were the best they made, then they went downhill) In otherwords, you REALLY have to try to "freeze" a reg to the point of it not working properly, or so cold you couldnt hold on to it. and on a mechanical gun, it will be VERY hard to do.
And YES, virginia, AA has rebuild kits or just send it in! If you have a problem with contacting AA or buying a kit, drop me an email at: shaneo69@charter.net

Co2 is still a viable propellant source for low to mid level paintball guns, when done PROPERLY.

The Dark Lord of Air Sytems,
Shane-O-Mac

stoupa
09-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks to BlackHalo and Shane-O-Mac for info! :hail: