PDA

View Full Version : Too many stickies?

BlackVCG
10-27-2001, 11:01 PM
Alright, here's the deal. This is your forum so you control for the most part what you see and how things work. If the stickies (classic threads) bother you, let us know and we'll try to keep down on the number of them. If you like, let us know how what the maximum number of classic threads should be.

Dubstar112
10-27-2001, 11:03 PM
move some of the notable ones into the table of contents thread..

Ground_zer0
10-28-2001, 12:01 AM
My suggestion is to make an extra forum for just all the offical announcements and stuff like that. It would free up the other fourms for the normal talk, and there would be an easy spot to check for offical information and other updates, etc.
-Matt

Shaft
10-28-2001, 01:36 AM
I have yet to have an issue. I can scroll past them easily.

slushee
10-28-2001, 02:30 AM
yeah .. an extra forum would be helpful to keep out the clutter

boggerman
10-28-2001, 10:25 AM
I like the stickies, they make it easy to find information. My only suggestion might be to have the titles for the classics in a different color to provide more of a visual seperation from the rest of the threads, that way someone who is not interested in the classic threads could scroll past them easily. I know they already are seperated by "Classic:", I just thought a color change might help further identify them.

pumpamatic
10-28-2001, 11:49 AM
I don't think you should put a seperate forum for news like that. There's some things people should see otherwise they post a thread and end up learning they could have just looked in the news forum. Example: Hmm, can i still send in an envelope for nubbins? Without it stuck to the top of the page you guys would have way too many envelopes. But I also think ones like Emag Conversions are Finally Here!! And at a Special Deal!!! and Intelliframes on Sale NOW Direct from AGD could be put under table of contents or what's happening this week on AO. I think you should control the moderators somehow so that it doesn't get so clustered up there. I do believe 5 should be the maximum number of classics up there.

slayer
10-28-2001, 12:25 PM
boggerman is right, just put them in a different color and then I can easily see what is sticky and what is not. I think about 5 stickies is a good number.

MicrOMag
10-28-2001, 12:41 PM
I think there should be an extra forum for special announcements and get rid of these stupid polls. Most people just abuse the privilege.

BTAutoMag
10-28-2001, 08:07 PM
i agree with boggerman. put them in a different color

Mag89
10-28-2001, 08:42 PM
A new forum that had all the announcements in it would be helpful.

Xzion
10-28-2001, 09:28 PM
They don't really bother me, I just scroll past em with a roll or two of the wheel on my mouse.

FooTemps
10-28-2001, 09:29 PM
I don't have a problem with the stickes but do you have to call them classic? I'd much rather seem them called stickies!:D

An announcements forum would be nice too.

zvanut
10-28-2001, 09:46 PM
they dont bother me, but a forum for special announcements would be good too

AGD
10-28-2001, 11:35 PM
I try and maintain the stickies. What I look for is a fall off in the posts on a daily basis. Once you stop responding I float them. I am going to leave the Iframe up because we don't have banners and they are still hard to find in stores. Point people to the table of contents for previous classics.

AGD

gimp
10-29-2001, 12:18 AM
I dont think they're a problem.

Flamebo
10-29-2001, 06:11 AM
I usually go straight to the bottom of the stickies anyway, but they are a good feature...

luke
10-29-2001, 06:37 AM
I think the stickies are good, because everyone wants the latest news but can't always check out the site daily. It's very convenient to have all the pertinent info on top where it's easy to locate. But, In my opinion after an allotted time (depending on what the thread contains) it should be moved the the appropriate location, whether it's in the table of contents, classic, AGD news, Tom's tech tips, etc. For instance, the table of contents should now be cleaned out because the info there is now old news. By NO means do we want to lose it, it just needs to be moved. Plastic nubbins, how much longer do we need this info. Spell check up???? I think there will a tendency to over look them as they get older. People get tired of looking at the same thing over and over again, eventually new info will be over looked as its added to an old stagnant thread's. ( I'm mainly talking about the table of contents here)

Webmaster
10-29-2001, 12:26 PM
I think that maybe we should use the ANNOUCNEMENT feature more - that way AGD can post announcements about stuff and its only one link at the top with all of the announcements.

Flamebo
10-29-2001, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
I think that maybe we should use the ANNOUCNEMENT feature more - that way AGD can post announcements about stuff and its only one link at the top with all of the announcements.

I agree, announcements are the most underused feature of ubb-style boards.