PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding a safety

McPaul66
10-27-2001, 11:05 PM
I bought a Mag, that has a Dye 2x trigger. There is no safety on the gun.

I went to World Cup today and the guys from AGD told me their safety wouldn't work. When I went to the Dye trailer the said they didn't have any safety assemblies with them. So I assume that dye makes the safetys for these grip frames. So here's my question:
Where can I buy a safety assembly that will fit the dye grip frame?

Thanks guys,
Paul

Mr. Niceguy
10-28-2001, 05:32 AM
I have the same DYE 2X frame on my mag... the safety out of your stock grip frame is the one you need. In fact, the DYE frame is made to accept the stock safety parts. The only problem I encountered was that the hole in my DYE frame (that accepts the safety ball bearing detent and spring), was not threaded. I don't know if they are all that way or if mine was just one that came off the DYE assembly line with a, "oops... we forgot to tap that one out" issue. This hole needs to be threaded like that in your stock frame to accept the set screw / spring retainer. Without it, the parts could fall out when the body was removed from the rail <b><i><font color=red>and</b></i></font color=red> there would not be proper tension on the detent to keep the safety from being loose in the frame. I had a machinist friend of mine tap mine out... I believe he said to a size 440. He did not reccomend using the set screw from the stock frame and he advised against trying to wind it down in the small hole to <i>"make its own threads"</i>. Nope, just say No. Be safe, have it tapped out. Hope this helps!