PDA

View Full Version : need a picture. fire fighter doing cpr on roof of building

HoppysMag
09-19-2004, 04:52 PM
hey guys
i need a specific picture. its a black and white picture from a news paper, won some awards

its of a fire fighter doing CPR on a person on the roof of a burning building. its rather old. i figured there are some people who are good at finding stuff. i tried looking. i think its called "breath of life" or "kiss of life" or something. its in an exhibit of news photos thats going around differant muesums

fire1811
09-19-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/archive/photo6p.htm

that

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
theres differences between rescue breaths and CPR

That picture shows Rescue breaths done wrong (because he is not covering the Nasal)
But the purpose being, is to clear the throat

I dont know if it is CPR the fire fighter is trying to do in procedure but being a certified lifegaurd, Cpr cracks ribs if done horribly wrong, i asked my instructor what happens if it happens, he said keep proceeding, your saving a persons life, purpose outweighs consequence

anyways props to anyone that tries to save another life

HoppysMag
09-19-2004, 06:26 PM
naw thats not it but thanks anyway
as iv done my searching " breath of life" and "kiss of life" are very common names
i found a breath of life that won the pulitzer but it wasnt the same pic. but oh well. thanks anyways guys but i decided to do my paper on something else.

Caffiend
09-19-2004, 07:05 PM
theres differences between rescue breaths and CPR

That picture shows Rescue breaths done wrong (because he is not covering the Nasal)
But the purpose being, is to clear the throat

I dont know if it is CPR the fire fighter is trying to do in procedure but being a certified lifegaurd, Cpr cracks ribs if done horribly wrong, i asked my instructor what happens if it happens, he said keep proceeding, your saving a persons life, purpose outweighs consequence

anyways props to anyone that tries to save another life

cracking ribs is normal if CPR is done right, from what I've heard. breaking the zyphoid (sp) process and puncturing heart/lungs is what happens if CPR is done wrong. And I thought rescue breaths were part of CPR? but i could be wrong, never performed CPR on anything but the rescue dummy, hope I never have to...

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
You do CPR if their heart isn't beating, and rescue breaths are a part of cpr.

But if their heart is beating and they are not breathing, then you just do rescue breaths.

Caffiend
09-19-2004, 09:16 PM
ah yes, that's right. thanks. it's been awhile since my refresher course

hAppy
09-19-2004, 10:57 PM
As an Eagle Scout, I should know my CPR and rescue breathing. :cool:

Anyways, I heard that CPR is supposed to, and expected, to break ribs. Since the point where you have your compressions are at a very weak point in the ribs. Either way, if you survive, than you'd be glad it was your ribs than your life.

Anyways, I would like to see this pic.