PDA

View Full Version : 04 Vision Shocker or A4?

MadChild
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Which one should i get? the only thing im worried about on the A4 is the range. how is it compared to the LCD?

Blazestorm
09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
300 fps is 300 fps is 300 fps.

No matter what you do to the ball (Short of backspinning it) it will not get any more range

You can arch your gun and it'll go farther, but ya.

I recommend the A4 Fly, A4 is good if you can get the ACS (Anti-chop-system whatever it's called) to work well.

I say down with the shocker, not because of smart-parts patent deal, but because I genuinely think they suck.

They have no LPR, they have reflective eyes, and have horrible efficiency stock, and the vert-maxflows eat o-rings.

Just bad stuff.

Get the angel, or better-yet, get a cyborg. :D

FSU_Paintball
09-19-2004, 09:14 PM
A4

Range will not differ

MadChild
09-19-2004, 09:17 PM
even if the eye thing on the A4 doesnt work it has a soft face bolt. any other suggestions/opinons?

FragTek
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
The A4 hands down. If you can afford to wait a while, get the new Speed '05!

If you want another options, get a Cyborg :D

SpecialBlend2786
09-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Go check out www.paintballgateway.com for an insane deal on an A4.

~Free Worr Game 70cubic inch - 4500 psi high pressure system
~Free Unimount System with On/Off and bleed for your new air system
~Free Sure Fit Clamping Feed Adapter to make sure your loader always stay on your gun
~Free Dye Angel Volumizers so your gun never starves for air and they look cool

plus they have a whole bunch of purdy colors :)

Digits
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
05 SPEED

A4's dont even have eyes, don't get that garbage, for $50 more you get eyes and a better trigger system.. Get the Speed

68magOwner
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
05 speed

fire1811
09-20-2004, 06:45 AM
05 speed

i agree
i will be picking one up SOON

p8nt_junkie
09-20-2004, 07:43 AM
05 Speed! Don't waste your time with that Sensi crap and don't bother getting a gashog os a Shocker. 05 Speed has eyes and is fast cause you just turn it on and shoot.

robdamanii
09-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Only problem with the 05 speed is the one piece mini-reg/flashtank assembly. No new reg until someone puts together an aftermarket flashtank.

JimmyBeam
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM
05 Speed.........

Cut and Pasted from Action Village

Features:

* Angel Eye's - Dynamic ball detection system
* Improved contoured super-comfort fore-grip giving optimum balance and control
* Cartridge Mini Reg with increased porting and gas galleries for even lower pressure
* Updated style space frame for improved ergonomics and more finger space
* 'EMF' Dual Polarity Magnetic trigger - Utilizing instrument bearing mounting system offering the crispest trigger operation in paintball, with zero friction or side-play
* Opto trigger, featuring non-contact activation with forward, return, and toe adjustment
* Improved electronics pod featuring durable 9 volt battery housing, giving secure battery retention
* Angel Fly Engine with 31bps capability
* Twist-lock low-rise feed
* External (lockable) vernier trigger adjustment wheels
* Soft face bolt
* Improved Soft-touch TPR grips
* Improved energy efficient electronics, offering up to 200% more shots per 9v battery than any other paintball marker
* Encapsulated circuit board that is fully reprogrammable and upgradeable
* User friendly Speed LED display system delivers the most advanced player to gun interface in its class, accessing 6 firing modes, with trigger offset, 4 loader settings, Dwell adjustment, R.O.F. indicator, multi level battery indicator, eye on/off indicator and test feature, and software version indicator
* The Speed 05 is 1/2 an inch shorter and 1/4 of a pound lighter than the previous Speed
* Blackened stainless steel screws throughout
* Infinity 14" one piece step-bore barrel
* All kills no frills switch and play operation
* Made in England

jewie27
09-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Dynasty Shocker.

matt-o
09-20-2004, 03:23 PM
why, because it says dynasty on it?
goon

get the o5 speed unless theres a good deal on a4's somewhere.
but i think that the frame is integrated with the flashtank too, not sure though

jewie27
09-20-2004, 03:48 PM
why, because it says dynasty on it?
goon

get the o5 speed unless theres a good deal on a4's somewhere.
but i think that the frame is integrated with the flashtank too, not sure though

Cuz the body is milled and looks "Muy Chingon".

MadChild
09-20-2004, 04:18 PM
how did this turn into a discussion about the 05 speeD? lol i got the A4 instead of the shocker. thanks for your help!

tyrion2323
09-20-2004, 04:31 PM
If it were up to me, I'd go with the A4. I really like the trigger on the A4. I love the shocker, but for some reason I can't get the trigger to my liking. (It's my friend's shocker, so I won't mess around with it too much!!!)

You could get an Impulse. They're not great when stock, but throw a blade trigger and a WAS board on there and you'll be cookin'!

ryanshep
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
a4

MadChild
09-20-2004, 05:32 PM
whats better about the A4?

flyinasian016
09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Personally. Im going to say the shocker. I despise angels for some reason..

But if you get an 03 shocker, change the Maxflow Vert Reg immediatly. Switch to the torpedo, it looks nice and its a good cheap reg. Then get a HE bolt kit. After that get a clamping feedneck, and unimount. Then if you want you can switch triggers. If you want a sweet trigger, flip your microswitch. My friends 03 shocker is so nice. As much as i hate SP, shockers are nice if you set it up as described above.

Glickman
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
vision shocker.

some answers you get here might be biased, and most prolly are.

first of all. shockers are well made, nice guns imo, contrary to alot of anti-sp bs i get alot. and i just love mine. i love the simplicity, the speed, and the overall size of it.

since im bored, ill just do a quick little chartey, they usually seem to help:

Speed- A4 (hands down, its faster. it topped out at 25 bps with bounce, yet, it advertized at 30 bps? might be wrong, but with a flipped switch, the shocker definitly fights the good fight, i get about 16 no bounce consistantly)

Accuracy- Shocker (i was using a 10' glued boomy vs a ultralite on the a4,even outdoors at shatnerball, it performed very well.)

Bounce- Shocker (I couldnt get rid of the a4 bounce, but i can easily change my bounce on my shocker, right now i have no bounce wahtsoever.)

Eyes- Shocker (they work flawlessly, with no chops whatsoever, while the a4 chopped, although i have no knowledge if they were set or whatever, that eye system looked annoying and hard to fine tune, as for having a "soft faced bolt," if youve seen the few ideos with the new soft bolts, they do jack, dont shoot consistantly, and need alot of lubing)

Size/Profile- Shocker (smaller profile, which i like, but thats opinion)

weight- dunno the weight of the angel 4, but it was definitly heavier then the shocker, the shocker was so light, im easily able to hold in my "bad" hand, and shoot, without moving it alot while reloading.

Price- Shocker (i got mine with a maxflow tank for 900 and change new from paintballgear.com, and i think the a4's are 1400. thats $500, you can do a hell of a lot with that much)

"Gas Hog"- I got over 2 rounds at shatnerball out of the box, which was 1 hopper, and 2 pods. so thats atleast 900, which is fine for me, i dont mind filling up, as its always free refills , but that increases by 1k with the bolt kit, under $100.

***I am bias against angels, but i did test it out, feel free to change or give your own opinions on this chart***

when i shot the a4, i didnt like it, the trigger, the eyes didnt work, pretty much everything, but im bais against angels, i just dont like most of them.

i would definitly try them, ask to try them out in the field as well. just 1 or 2 games can make all the difference.

BrockSampson
09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Unless you've got unlimited funds, I'd get the Shocker hands down. Hell, you could almost get two for the price of a Fly...

mrkbik
09-20-2004, 08:55 PM
He already bought the A4, this thread should be long since forgotten.

MadChild
09-20-2004, 09:07 PM
is the A4 high pressure or low pressure?

Vash-HT
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
all of the angels post speed are low pressure. so, yes the a4 is lp.

BrockSampson
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
He already bought the A4, this thread should be long since forgotten.
kthx... :rolleyes:

mrkbik
09-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, read what he said:

how did this turn into a discussion about the 05 speeD? lol i got the A4 instead of the shocker. thanks for your help!

Why are we still defending shockers/angels when he has already made his decision? Unless of course he is going to sell his new A4 and buy a Shocker because someone persuades him otherwise, after the fact.