PDA

View Full Version : Marine needs to borrow playstation in iraq

devildog
09-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Can someone let me borrow a playstation 2 or xbox for 6 months, im in iraq and its boring as hell most of the time, it will give me something to do. you have my word, my honor, and everything that youll get it back, and if i break it ill buy you a brand new one.

rkjunior303
09-20-2004, 07:49 AM
devildog, if you can't find anything I have a Dreamcast with a few games (baseball, football, hockey, golf) that I'd be willing to send you.

magking1971
09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Devildog, how is shipping something to a serviceman? spendy?
Just asking because I might be able to hook you up.

devildog
09-21-2004, 03:47 AM
well, you have to ship using usps, preferably priority, for it gets a package here about 2-3 weeks early. cost wise, itll be anywhere from 10-20 bucks depending on size and weight. if youre really serious, ill get you an adress.

i really appreciate you looking.

oldsoldier
09-21-2004, 04:20 AM
I think I have an original PS with a few games, youre entitled to it. Let me know. Where in Iraq are you? My brother is with the Army, training Iraqi troops not to run in the face of danger, somewhere near baghdad :)

magking1971
09-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Oh I am really serious.
Check your PM!

markoger
09-21-2004, 09:31 AM
If the other guy can't hook you up i have an extra one i can lend you.
lmk,

Mark

Fred
09-21-2004, 09:46 AM
I also have an original PS with a few games, and a couple controllers that are just gathering dust...

Shoot me a PM dude... :)

---Fred

splatattack33
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
if you get a xbox someone has to send halo 2 too him

Fred
09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
dude... that was just not cool...

The Action Figure
09-21-2004, 04:32 PM
man... datapimp dude

HoppysMag
09-21-2004, 04:39 PM
if you get a xbox someone has to send halo 2 too him

some one preorder it! il pitch in a couple bucks for our boys over sea.

markoger
09-21-2004, 04:45 PM
hey, me again. i have ps2 with plenty of games, socom 2, atv 2 and plenty of others. let me know if the other guys can't send you theirs. I will definately send you mine, and even i'll pay for shipping too. it's the least i can do.

stay safe

Mark

Warewolf50
09-21-2004, 04:53 PM
but what if you dont make it back?

I cant fig out weather that was an extremely bad joke, or just a heartless remark. Either way not cool at all.

jdev
09-21-2004, 04:58 PM

then consider the PS2/xbox property of the US military. its the least you can pay them for keeping your freedoms free.

lord1234
09-21-2004, 05:00 PM

you really should make a retraction dude...not cool.

trevorjk
09-21-2004, 05:04 PM
even if he makes a retraction theres about 5 people that qouted him....

id send you my xbox and games.. but i share it with my bro, and he plays it constantly :(

dwab3000
09-21-2004, 05:39 PM
if that mark dude goes in, i may send my x-box over with hitman, and maybe some other games

magking1971
09-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I was going to make a thread to start a collection but if someone has one to send DO IT!!

TDonovan
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
I'll see what I can do...

Honestly I'd rather just try and get enough cash through donations and some odd jobs to buy you guys one that you can keep.

Hm I have an idea...

markoger
09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Well then i will just step up and if anyone wants to help,then they can send the stuff to me. i will send a package out a week if we have enough stuff to send. if i need to start a new thread i will. and if you want to send anything to me just email me and i will give you my address. i am not quite sure if i want to post my address in here yet.

markoger@aol.com

All i need now is an address from devildog and i will send my PS2 out that day.

Mark

datapimp69
09-22-2004, 02:19 PM
all the panties in a bunch :cry:

behemoth
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM

Because you're a prick :cool:

datapimp69
09-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Because you're a prick :cool:

yep thats me,

just because i state the real fact that things arent going that well over there.

lets see, its a WAR, and what happens in a WAR ?

behemoth
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
yep thats me,

just because i state the real fact that things arent going that well over there.

lets see, its a WAR, and what happens in a WAR ?

We know what happens in WAR :rolleyes:

devildog is fighting for his country, more than your sorry *** can say. Keep his morale up, and keep things positive

OOH RAH! Stay safe Devildog!

Warewolf50
09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
We know what happens in WAR :rolleyes:

devildog is fighting for his country, more than your sorry *** can say. Keep his morale up, and keep things positive

OOH RAH! Stay safe Devildog!

couldnt agree more.

-=Squid=-
09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Datapimp is a good guy, so how about you all just move on? You don't want me to give you an F, do you?

HoppysMag
09-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Datapimp is a good guy, so how about you all just move on? You don't want me to give you an F, do you?

in your own words. Everybody run, we have an internet badass on our hands here!

it was a dick move no matter what the reason

-=Squid=-
09-22-2004, 04:22 PM
in your own words. Everybody run, we have an internet badass on our hands here!

it was a dick move no matter what the reason
Ya, I agree... but I figgure he would be pleased to see somebody defend his glory.

devildog
09-23-2004, 12:36 AM

hey man, dont worry about it, war is war, im ready to die if i have to.

to everyone else, i didnt expect to get such a response. its really really boring out here if you are not working, so it would be cool to have something to do, for we have power in our tents. if anyone wants to send anything, here is the address:

LCPL Canova
4th LAAD Alpha Company
Unit 43800
FPO, AP 96426-3800

just, whoever sends or anything, make sure you let me know so i can expect something, and if i get 10 different things from 10 different people, i can send the rest back. thanks guys, and let me know whats up, ill take anything i can get, i really appreciate it.

p.s:

i didnt even know halo 2 was coming out???
and i heard rumors that a new grand theft auto was in the works??

markoger
09-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I will ship my ps2(with network adapter) out tomorrow. and i will include socom 2, atv2, vise city, and a few others. if you want anything specific let me know.

Mark

Fred
09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
I'll see if I can get my old PS boxed up.. heck, it was given to me, you or somebody in your squad can keep it if you want, I think I have FF7, Colony Wars 1-3, Syphon Filter, one of the Armored Core games... maybe 1 or 2 more.

Its not the newest or coolest, but there's a ton of great games that are good for hours and hours of distraction time.

---Fred

slateman
09-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey guys!! Instead of everyone sending him their PS2s and Xboxs why don't we get organized.

We could send him one PS2 and one Xbox (or more if devildog wants). We could pool or games together (make a list of whos is whos) and send it all out at once. Everyone could mail their games to one memeber with a little extra cash for shipping to devidog.

Anyone up for this? My PS2 is pretty new (bought like a couple weeks ago) I'd be happ to volunteer it and my two controlers. Maybe a mod should handle this, I don't know. All I'm saying is that we can't all ship him a bunch of PS2s and expect him to return them all.

deveildog: Yea, HALO 2 comes out Nov. 9. If you want it, ya gotta let somone know now, cause they're going fast. Its gonna outsell pretty much every video game ever. There's also a Collectors Edition that has a metal case and some DVD extras (making of, ect.). And yea, theres another GTA. Its called GTA:San Andrines or something like that. Looks cool, pretty much as good as Vice City. I'm sure we could take a paypall collectio or something for that too.

Fred
09-23-2004, 01:28 PM
Its GTA San Andreas... as good as VC? Its an entire STATE, not just a city to wreck havok in...

LittlePaintballBoy
09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Any particular games you want? We could make a pool for games.

markoger
09-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey guys!! Instead of everyone sending him their PS2s and Xboxs why don't we get organized.

We could send him one PS2 and one Xbox (or more if devildog wants). We could pool or games together (make a list of whos is whos) and send it all out at once. Everyone could mail their games to one memeber with a little extra cash for shipping to devidog.

Anyone up for this? My PS2 is pretty new (bought like a couple weeks ago) I'd be happ to volunteer it and my two controlers. Maybe a mod should handle this, I don't know. All I'm saying is that we can't all ship him a bunch of PS2s and expect him to return them all.

deveildog: Yea, HALO 2 comes out Nov. 9. If you want it, ya gotta let somone know now, cause they're going fast. Its gonna outsell pretty much every video game ever. There's also a Collectors Edition that has a metal case and some DVD extras (making of, ect.). And yea, theres another GTA. Its called GTA:San Andrines or something like that. Looks cool, pretty much as good as Vice City. I'm sure we could take a paypall collectio or something for that too.

that's a great idea.. i am still going to send my ps2 with some of my games. and i am going to pay for the shipping myself, if anyone wants to send some stuff with mine, let me know today and we can meet somewhere(i am on the beach in southern connecticut. i will drive to the state border in any direction). I would still like to get it shipped soon. obviously shipping it to me and then me shipping it out would be a waste of money. you might as well just send it to him yourself. the shiping over seas is really not that expensive. i would more than happy to keep sending things to him on a weekly basis if there is more to send. I will also be at AO NE 6 and i can take up a collection of games and stuff then, and make another shipment.
email me if you need to get a hold of me.
markoger@aol.com

mark

devildog
09-25-2004, 12:46 AM
hey guys, you dont even know what this means to me. im not gonna ask for anything specific for i am happy to get anything. you guys really are great. vice city was fun for the little time i played it, so ill probably look into it when i get back. like slateman said, it will be hard to handle lots of systems to send back, and remember that i can recomend they will be perfect (there is lots of sand flying around out here), but i know how to take care of stuff and will do my best. if you guys still wanna send more than one system out, ill be happy to pass them out to other members of my squad and then platoon, and ill do my best to get them back. i love you guys, and cant wait to get back in march to play pball with you all.

p.s.

i have 180 5.56 rounds for my m-16, anyone who wants their names written on them, let me know and ill write them and send back a pic so you know you helped squash the enemy ;)

for those who are really helping out, i have 10 high explosive rounds for my m79 grenade launcher that your names can go on if you want. just let me know, im gonna start a thread about it.

PyRo
09-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Can you send the high explosive rounds to me? :)

fcpchop
09-25-2004, 05:57 PM
wow its threads like these that really show what AO is about, im so happy to see this. if u guys send out a ps2 i have ps2 games that i can send. but we really gotta get a list of what games everyone is gunna send so we wont send the same game. i got socom 2 and need for speed underground, they both are alota fun. i got alota other games too. who ever is organizing it lmk im happy to help out

markoger
09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
well, i have one other person sending me some games to send with my ps2. if there are any others let me know. if i get any doubles i will send them back to the sender. otherwise i will post a list of who sent what, so there is no question of what was sent. if i don't get any replies by Thursday i will just send what i have. I will also take a collection of stuff at AO NE 6 in Cape Cod this Sat. Oct. 2nd. So there will hopefully be another shipment after that.

Mark

slateman
09-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, I started another thread to sort of consolidate everyones stuff into one mailing. I'll give it an up in minute. I figure we could send a big care package out there.

markoger
09-28-2004, 09:15 PM
up for the cause :bounce:

markoger
01-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Ps2 and 20+ games sent and received. enjoy, and let me know if you need anything else.

stay safe.

Marco