PDA

View Full Version : Warps on EPICs?

AngelBoy
10-28-2001, 07:51 AM
I don't kow if any of you guys have ever even heard of them before, but after I saw an epic I was in love and now I'm tradin my cocker for one. But I'm not sure if you could put a warp on it, it has a right feed and the asa is built in under the grip and thatd make the mounting of a Warp really low. I dont know if that makes any sense or not but if you wanna see a pic of an epic go to www.icepaintball.com (http://www.icepaintball.com)

Load SM5
10-28-2001, 08:31 AM
We've heard of an epic. The gun seems cool but I think they really dropped the ball on the built-in ASA. In the article in APG on them a few months ago they were talking about a kit that would allow you to use a normal drop forward. Hopefully it will replace the goofy ASA. If thats true then when they are released, attaching a warp should'nt be an issue. As far as the right feed that won't be an issue. A lot of people have warps on a standard feed mag with no problems.

Flip540
10-28-2001, 08:46 AM
Hey angelboy, how much do one of those go for? im a lil interested myself and would trade my cocker for one too.

AngelBoy
10-28-2001, 11:40 AM
I've been obsessed with them for a few years now, and you can stick a drop farward on there somehow but you have to have a bottomline kit with something to screw it in the ASA. Jim (the guy that made them) had a CP flame drop forward on his and it looked nice. The msrp on them is like $750 or somethin, but I think that its worth it. They have an electro version in development right now along with vert feed. They look fairly simple to take aprart (I had it memorized after seeing it a few times) and the maintenance is oiling 3 o-rings. For $750 you get a nice looking gun, CP barrel, cocker threads, no ball breaking (unless in barrel), accuracy, and a cycling rate of a bushmaster.

mykroft
10-28-2001, 12:30 PM
They looked kinda interesting, but way overpriced. The big kicker for me is lack of standard Vert ASA and bottomline mounts. If I can't set it up the way i like it, I don't want it. Other than that, they remind me somwhat of the Matrix for internals, without the failure-prone board. A neat design, would be a player in the market with a price-drop and a couple mods.