PDA

View Full Version : New Tac-One Setup - Suggestions?

Billy the Kid
09-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Hello all. I’ve been lurking here for a while and I finally made up my mind to go AGD for my next marker. I’m a long time Tippmann user, currently with the A5, low pressure kit and E-Grip but I just can’t get the consistency I’m looking for and after playing for so many years, I want that consistency! :mad:

I’ve picked the major components of my new setup and I need your advice on the little things, the little parts that a newb to higher end markers like such might miss. Here’s what I have so far:

The Tac-One
ULE Trigger Pull Kit
The Q-Loader system
Crossfire 92/4500 Stubby (high output)
Dead On Bullet Pro Blade Drop Forward
Macro-line
12" Barrel upgrade (undecided)

So the questions are what small parts will I need? Are any of the parts I've selected incorrect for this setup? Any other suggestions? I’m sure I’ll have follow-up questions so feel free to be detailed with your answers.

Thanks all. Glad to be here!
:cheers:

AclowN
09-20-2004, 04:11 PM
sounds like a nice setup, if your getting the Tac one your probably a scenario player, so as far as barrel setup, there are alot of good barrels out there.. if your looking at just an aftermarket barrel i'd go with a J&J 2 piece, very nice, very affordable barrel... or, if your looking at a barrel kit, i'd go with either a Hammerhead fin kit if you like a little extra distance, or a evil pipe kit which i have yet to hear anything bad about.

as for the ULE trigger pull kit, not against getting this but if you ever intend to upgrade to a hAir trigger, be sure and keep everything when you switch stuff out as the ULT has problems working with the hAir at this point.

as for the Qloader, have no idea on these, never tried one, never even seen one in person yet so i have no ideas on how good they are but based on here-say i'd have to say they sound like a good loader.

as far as small parts i'd get some mag parts kits just to have them around for when you need them and what not.

Billy the Kid
09-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, AclowN. I'll check into those barrel suggestions. A kit is ideal for sure. My local field has a good selection of paint at any given time.

Where can I find more info about the hAir trigger, where to buy?

adt501
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
You wont find a scenario marker, hands down. Good choice. The hAIR trigger isnt out yet, and it may not even come out at all (heaven forbid), but if it does it will come out in six months or so. It is a mechanical trigger kit that has the same pull of an electro, and you can see the video at www.deadlywind.com (I know right now the site is down, but it should be back up before the weekend)

Chronobreak
09-20-2004, 05:52 PM
sure u want a q-loader ?just saying check into them just in case

Billy the Kid
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM
You wont find a scenario marker, hands down. Good choice. The hAIR trigger isnt out yet, and it may not even come out at all (heaven forbid), but if it does it will come out in six months or so. It is a mechanical trigger kit that has the same pull of an electro, and you can see the video at www.deadlywind.com (I know right now the site is down, but it should be back up before the weekend)
Good info, Thanks. Yep, this gun will be more for scenario and woods play.

sure u want a q-loader ?just saying check into them just in case
I have read a lot on the Q-loader and most things good. I don't like the long load times and the possibility of needing two people to load it but there might be workarounds that I'll come up with later. Why tho?

wolfwood_is_here
09-20-2004, 06:15 PM
um, is it just me or does the Tac-One already come with a 2 piece barrel from J&J?

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_379.jpg

Airgun Stores Tac-One (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=379&categoryID=81)

Mastema
09-20-2004, 06:22 PM
It already comes with a pretty good 2 piece barrel.

I would wait to see of the bore size is good for you before buying another.( i use 2 boomsticks, 684, 690)

I have a Tac-One and I use a Halo because I overshoot my revy a lot. (that's without the ULT)

Try it stock, then ajust it to YOUR taste.

Just my opinion.

1ofkind
09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Lets see infra red scope... lazer sight... net launcher... lazer trip mine remtre... clothes pins... and anything else you can fit on it!!!

gc82000
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Dont forget a night scope and rocket paint launcher.

Billy the Kid
09-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Lets see infra red scope... lazer sight... net launcher... lazer trip mine remtre... clothes pins... and anything else you can fit on it!!!

You're insane! :D

Dont forget a night scope and rocket paint launcher.
You too!

Billy the Kid
09-20-2004, 08:06 PM
It already comes with a pretty good 2 piece barrel.

I would wait to see of the bore size is good for you before buying another.( i use 2 boomsticks, 684, 690)

I have a Tac-One and I use a Halo because I overshoot my revy a lot. (that's without the ULT)

Try it stock, then ajust it to YOUR taste.

Just my opinion.

That's good advice on the barrel. I didn't know it came with a two piece. :headbang:

Rather
09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
what about the replay button?

(5th element) :D

AclowN
09-20-2004, 09:40 PM
yes it comes with a 2 piece J&J but from trying it out i can say that there are better ones made by J&J.. it is a decent barrel but i have seen better performance from other J&J barrels and 2 pieces... i'm not saying the barrel that comes with it is junk, it is still a good barrel.... i just havent used it much and forgot to mention it due to the fact that since i got the tac 1 i have been using my hammerhead fin kit on it...

the barrel that comes with it is adequate, but i am saying that there are (from my experience) better barrels made by J&J let alone other companies which is another thing to take into consideration....

but since you said that a barrel kit is ideal, i'd go with a hammerhead or pipe kit personally, but don't rule out other good kits, the Freak kit is a good barrel kit despite SP's bad business practices lately.....

another reccomendation i can make is if you know people with any of these kits, and or barrels.... i would ask to try them out, see what you think performs best... because the best thing about this sport is there is a wide variety of choices and preferences.... but in all truth.... if you get a barrel kit, your going to be in great shape reguardless of which one you get...

yea the hAir is not out yet... it will be coming out though.... probably not through AGD but through Deadlywind... i know for a fact i will be placing my order the DAY it becomes available.. even as all of these fiendish maggers on here can't stand waiting, i can say one thing... Colin can't stand it even more, it's killing him more than anyone on this because HE is the one having to dish out the money for legal fees and what not... so this thing WILL happen.. its only a matter of time...

there is a post on the forums about this billy, if you want to find a video of it and a lot more information on it find that post, it will have alot more info on it than their website currently does. and i have personally seen and shot this thing out a PoV their and my home field, it is just sick, and i drool waiting..

Ratzo
09-21-2004, 03:56 AM
When the Tac-1 first came out I wasn't to thrilled by it, but it's grown on me.
If the cash comes my way I want one, then slap on an E-Mag frame.

1ofkind
09-21-2004, 05:47 AM
Yeah stock barrel is probably fine. We'll heres how you can tellif itsa good barrel, run the inside of it wit your finger. If its very smooth and sometimes feels we but still is dry then its a very good barrel.

LUKE4696
09-21-2004, 10:05 AM
I bought a 3A 10 piece barrel kit off of ebay for dirt a$$ cheap. It's got 5 backs and 5 fronts, has a good anno job, and seems to work well on both my micromag and e'blade STO. Best of all, they are cheap (didn't I mention that?). Just another alternative to a STO Kaner Kit, pipe kit, fin kit, or SP kit, as all of these can be quite pricey...
-Luke

Big Ben
09-21-2004, 10:09 AM
The one upgrade I am really glad I have for my Tac one is an adjustable Nitro tank. Being able to change the feel of the trigger by adjusting the input makes a big difference for me.
I did not really like the X valve until I got the adjustable tank.

Caffiend
09-21-2004, 10:52 AM
you might want to look into the scepter kit also, the hammerhead is REALLY pricey. I love my scepter kit, i use it more than the freak kit, it's a bit stronger, can hold up to the abuse a bit better, IMO.

And do you have a sling for your A5? might want to look into one for the Tac-1 one also.

haahaha, good one Rather, but holy bonus balling batman :D

CrimsonGhost
09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Or go for the Matchstick set from Mac Dev. $140 with 3 tips(12" 14" 16") and 4 bores....not a bad deal.
Or go with one of the WW Truth and Justice series barrels .... pretty cheap and one of the models takes the freak inserts.
Freak works great as well. I use the SS inserts on my WW Boomer Freak barrels and they work great.

On my Tac I have , a CCM lowrise, 18v revi ala pre BE (old school type you cant get anymore) a FireBall Mountain wedge drop, WW truth / justice series barrel match anoed.

There isnt much needed though...they are great out of the box. I just put certain things on my set ups because those are the items I have found that work the best for me .

Automaggot68
09-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Well...It seems like AClown is doing an awesome job of Answering your question so i'll just say....
Welcome to AO!

MicroMiniMe
09-21-2004, 12:36 PM
If its more scenario than woods you should think if you want/need a heavily ported barrel or not for less sound report when firing. Adjustable tank is a good thought too. Does your fields allow unchecked RT effect and sweetspotting/mech bounce? If they don't care/check get a high recharge adjustable for mad sweetspotting when you need that quick rain of paint hose action. Its much less though if you go with the ULT. But just try an extra shim in the ULT and crank the PSI adjustable to 900+ and find the happy place. Air America and Centerflag make good mag tanks.

Caffiend
09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Caffiend knows what he is talking about.

I got props from Rogue!! :dance: :headbang:

Billy the Kid
09-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks for all the info and advice guys. Can't tell ya how much I appreciate it. It seems like the barrel kit will be my toughest decision but isn't that always the case.

If its more scenario than woods you should think if you want/need a heavily ported barrel or not for less sound report when firing. Adjustable tank is a good thought too. Does your fields allow unchecked RT effect and sweet spotting/mech bounce? If they don't care/check get a high recharge adjustable for mad sweetspotting when you need that quick rain of paint hose action. Its much less though if you go with the ULT. But just try an extra shim in the ULT and crank the PSI adjustable to 900+ and find the happy place. Air America and Centerflag make good mag tanks.
Here's something I didn't think about. The T-O comes with an RT huh? See, everything with Tippmann is an upgrade. This complete setup is something I need to get use to. So next I'll look into the barrel sets and the bottle to best complement this soon to be bad-boy!

Chronobreak
09-24-2004, 10:31 AM
whitewolf has some nice cost effective barrels that take freak inserts ;)

scrumpy
09-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Here's something I didn't think about. The T-O comes with an RT huh? See, everything with Tippmann is an upgrade.

There is no such thing as a reactive trigger for a mag, it's just that the trigger bounces back with more force the higher the output psi is on your adjustable tank. If you get it setup right you get this effect, but it isn't like a drop-in thing.

Billy the Kid
09-25-2004, 08:36 AM
There is no such thing as a reactive trigger for a mag, it's just that the trigger bounces back with more force the higher the output psi is on your adjustable tank. If you get it setup right you get this effect, but it isn't like a drop-in thing.
Got ya.

I'm reading up on barrel kits... I'm looking at the MatchStik kit and it say, "The new improved MatchStik kits are now available in AutoCocker (Cyborg) threads only" I know the TO comes with AutoCocker threads but what's the Cyborg thing? Can I use this barrel kit?