View Full Version : NPPL & Turbo Boards

mrhooie
10-28-2001, 09:48 AM
Are turbo boards legal in the NPPL?

I have a hard time beliving this as the rules state one trigger pull, one ball

thanks guys :)

virus
10-28-2001, 10:48 AM
now i may be wrong , but i thought i remember reading that any marker capable of any thing other then semi would not be allowed to be used in the nppl....
granted i dont know what happened to this as i read it a couple of months ago and i think that topic has died sence then but the rule would remain....

so boards with turbo, burst, full auto would not be allowed.... go figure.. its kinda of sad when you think of it that the players on that level might even consider switchin modes durnin a match... though i do believe that this came about from the insurance companys that cover these events to supposivly make it safer to play.... which IMHO, is a crock of buricratic dung....

pumpamatic
10-28-2001, 12:36 PM
nus phlas two viirus!1! speel chekk haas bin restourid 1!

mykroft
10-28-2001, 12:38 PM
2K1 rules, Turbo board OK, as long as it had a Tourney Lockout. 2K2 rules, Semi only, boards capable of non-semi modes are banned.

mrhooie
10-28-2001, 04:59 PM
So - what you are saying is that Turbo Boards may be installed in Shockers or Impulses but must have a tourney lockout rendering them incapable of going full auto or burst modes..

But in 2002, you will not be able to have these at all?

Thanks guys :)

Temo Vryce
10-28-2001, 05:34 PM
Here's a simple way of putting it. If you can lock your marker so that it will only fire "1" ball per complete trigger pull and release, then you can use it in the NPPL this year. As of next year I believe that any marker that is not strictly Semi or pump is banned.

Now is AGD going to be selling a new board capable of Semi mode only or are they going to have a new software package that eliminates the burst modes?

mykroft
10-28-2001, 05:43 PM
AGD already does semi-only boards. cphilip's new E-Mag is semi-only. Contact AGD if you have an older board, and plan on playing NPPL or NPPL-rulebook tourney's for 2k2

virus
10-28-2001, 05:53 PM
now as fer that there spell chk.... i hit the spellchk button and got up went outside, had a smoke, came back in grabed a soda, chked the fball scores and came back to my computer.... the spell chk window still said loading.....

besides i usally endup inputtin' some couputer shorthand in my posts but i can c what u mean...

oh well l8r

the123
10-29-2001, 12:11 AM
I remember hearing TK talking about this at one of the AO get-togethers. What he said was that you could send in your marker and have the board 'burned' so that no other software upgrades could be done after they lock it into SEMI-ONLY.,