PDA

View Full Version : Which Warp Feed should I get?

MicromagRT2000
10-28-2001, 10:07 AM
what is better?The AGD warp feed or the Pro-Team Products Warp Feed?Or do you think that Warps are for wimps?

mykroft
10-28-2001, 12:59 PM
If you have an AGD made gun go AGD, if you have another gun, or a PTP branded Mag, go PTP. Apart from the sensors, the basic warp is identical. The AGD one comes with an internal sensor, and hardware for mounting it on any AGD gun. The PTP comes with an external sensor, which is usefull for those Shockers and Matrix's, and more generic hardware for mounting.

MicromagRT2000
10-28-2001, 02:02 PM
so basically,when I get the mag in my sig,I should pay the extra ang get the PTP warp?

Russ
10-28-2001, 05:48 PM
I have, within the last 2 months, bought both a PTP warp and an AGD unit. The AGD one won't fit onto an MicroE-Mag. You'd have to get the PTP adapter ($30) that fits into the vert feed.

Here are the differences;

1. AGD has the vibration sensor mounted in the housing, PTP has it built into the mounting bracket.

edit: the PTP's vibration sensor must plug into the warp feed housing, where the intellifeed cable would go. The AGD unit therefore has a vibration sensor back-up in case of the gun's battery/electronics failing (God forbid!) With the PTP Warp, you have EITHER vibration sensing or intellifeed, with no redundant system back-up.

2. PTP mounting bracket is a 2 piece unit, while AGD's is 1 piece. The 2 piece allows for more adjustability.

3. AGD's has a plastic power feed adapter, with a long & short parabolic feed plug, while PTP's has an aluminum power feed/vert feed adapter. (the one you'll need for your eMicro) PTP's also comes with 2 aluminum screw in adapters to replace the vert feeds on Angels and Bushmasters/Defiants.

4. PTP's also comes with a CP hopper insert which expands the hopper's neck to fit tightly in the warp's body (sadly, they give the black one, which is larger than the blue one CP makes, it's too big for my revy)

5. AGD customer service is second to none. PTP's sucks!

Both units come with all mounting hardware. The new PTP units have the same type (gray) hose as the AGD ones.

If you call AGD and ask, they will more than likely give you an interface cable, free of charge!

As far as sensitivity, I haven't noticed much difference. BTW both of my warps have been modded to use 2 9v batteries in parallel. (9v w/twice the run time)

MicromagRT2000
10-28-2001, 06:04 PM
thanks for the info.But,which one would you recommend for a powerfeed micromag.If AGD comes out with a chrome version of the intelliframe,I will most likely be buying it,so I would like to be able to hook it up like that.Also,just an idea.Takt the cable from the intelliframe,and split it so that the one line from the frame is split into two identical ends,one for the revvy,and one for the warp,that way there will be no chance of one not going off.

Russ
10-28-2001, 06:50 PM
You said a powerfeed micromag...
OK, the AGD unit will work fine, and cost you less.

MajorDamage
10-28-2001, 10:10 PM
I agree with Russ, but AGD took care of my Pro-Team warp! Gave me right angle adapters when mine broke, and gave it the upgrade, fixed my 9volt wire thing, and all kindsa stuff! I like the Proteam better because of the adjustability, and better sensor.

ENDO!

SIGSays
10-29-2001, 04:45 AM
get a AGD..... and the AGD's are cheaper

Flamebo
10-29-2001, 06:07 AM
AGD's is cheaper and has a better sensor, but the bracket isn't as good. I hear you can drill a hole in it somehow to make it better though...

Shaft
10-29-2001, 01:36 PM
Damage,
What's the "upgrade?"
r

MajorDamage
10-29-2001, 02:04 PM
Actually Flamebo the Proteam's have the better sensor. And Shaft, the upgrade was the brass pulley. They used to come with plastic pulleys when they first came out, but those started to wear down. So they came out with a brass pulley, and they upgraded it for me free :).

ENDO!

Russ
10-29-2001, 03:08 PM
Dude's they BOTH have the same vibration sensor, it's just located in a different place.

mykroft
10-29-2001, 05:33 PM
Note that the powerfeed plugs on the AGD one may not fit the Micromag, so I'd say go with the PTP one for a Micro.

speedballbanks
10-29-2001, 06:54 PM
whats this i hear about a brass pulley
you mean the belt dealy cause mine looks like a ruberband litle help