PDA

View Full Version : Poison Ivy Pics...let's see them. (WARNING: Might be gross for some)

Muzikman
09-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Well, I got poison ivy for the first time, and let me tell ya, it sucks! I am going to the Dr for the first time in 13 years because of it.

Here are a few pics. Can anyone beat it?

Taken 9/18/04 around 7pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7484x.jpg

Taken today 9/20/04 around 10pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7487x.jpg

Taken 9/21/04 around 12:15pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7488x.jpg

Taken 9/21/04 around 9:20pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7492x.jpg

Taken 9/22/04 around 11:45am
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7493x.jpg

Taken 9/22/04 around 8:30pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7497x.jpg

Taken 9/23/04 around 9:30am
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7498x.jpg

Taken 9/24/04 around 3:00am
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7501x.jpg

Taken 9/24/04 around 12:00pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7504x.jpg

Taken 9/24/04 around 9:30pm
http://pong.telerama.com/~musicman/ouch/Img_7505x.jpg

ryanshep
09-20-2004, 09:09 PM
well....ok....no more dinner for me tonight :eek:

dj89
09-20-2004, 09:12 PM
http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/greeen%20smocks%20smiley.gif

wow thats bad :eek:

sarpadian
09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I hope you are going to the DR for that!!!!!! :wow: The most that I have gotten from posion IVY an itchy rash that went away after a few days. I hope he can hook you up with something good to clear that up.

_tMAN
09-20-2004, 09:16 PM
looks like someone has sensitive skin. With some people the rash will go away any where from 24-48 hours. You my friend, are not in that group. I think I'm going to puke now

Muzikman
09-20-2004, 09:20 PM
looks like someone has sensitive skin. With some people the rash will go away any where from 24-48 hours. You my friend, are not in that group. I think I'm going to puke now

I am an avid outdoorsman (camping, hiking, etc) and have been since I was a young kid. I have never had poison ivy before, and I know for a fact that I have been around it many times. Needless to say, I am avoiding it from now on.

gamarada717
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm immune :) I roll around in the stuff for fun, in fact. :rofl:

Muzikman
09-20-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm immune :) I roll around in the stuff for fun, in fact. :rofl:

Well, take it from me, that can change, and in a big way:)

dj89
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
put some benadrill on that thing man

BobTheCow
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I am an avid outdoorsman (camping, hiking, etc) and have been since I was a young kid. I have never had poison ivy before, and I know for a fact that I have been around it many times. Needless to say, I am avoiding it from now on.Hmm, I'll have to be a little more careful... I'm always out hiking and camping and backpacking, and have always been under the impression I'm "immune." Maybe not!! Hope it clears up quickly for ya, with the doctor's help. :argh:

WenULiVeUdiE
09-20-2004, 09:27 PM
That's horrid!

I've never seen anything that bad.

FragTek
09-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Those photos are utterly repulsive....

Right up my alley! :D hehe. Take a belt sander to that arm son, lol.

Kevmaster
09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
damn muz...im sorry to hear that. hope that gets better soon man.

i dont know what to tell you...but that sucks!

Korrosion
09-20-2004, 09:53 PM
A few years ago I had it that bad. Didn't take pics though. I had to stay home from work (lifeguard) for like a week before they'd let me come back. It was the most miserable week of my life having it itch all the time. I'm not sure if it helped but whenever it would start to weep that clearish/yellowish liquid I would soak it up with a kleenex. I heard that the fluid seeping out of the blisters is how it spreads. itching = open blisters = fluid spreading = rash spreading. It was terrible :(

WickeDKlowN
09-20-2004, 09:58 PM
HOLY **** BATMAN!

I wasn't expecting to see anything THAT bad. That's insane. I was expecting to see some small rash from somebody that never had it before and they were freaking out.

Jesus H Christ. I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel. Hope the doc can give you something to clear it up quick.

I've just has small rashes and whatnot from it. That just...wow. I can't get over the nice yellow oils or whatever they are. Tried popping any yet?

Wow. just wow.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Do something about that man!

take some drugs or something! :eek:

Will Wood
09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I have two words for you man,
THAT SUCKS.

Python14
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I kind of wanna die now.

gamarada717
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I've had a friend get it in his eyes.....can't imagine what it would be like if it was that bad.

taylor492
09-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Please tell me the oozing liquid is some sort of topical treatment....

JimmyBeam
09-20-2004, 11:44 PM
i hope your wearing your gloves while going to the bathroom. ive gotten it almost that bad once at scout camp. not fun, specially after i took a piss and got it down there

Automaggin2
09-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Hahaha it doesnt effect me :). I am immune to it. I can roll around and bath with it and get nothing.

ZSigErik
09-21-2004, 12:42 AM
I, too, am immune to the schtuff. That was just terrible up there, didnt make me sick, but it looked aWFUL! Good luck with that bro.

Muzikman
09-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Hahaha it doesnt effect me :). I am immune to it. I can roll around and bath with it and get nothing.

I will say it again. Watch out...I was the same way!

Timmee
09-21-2004, 07:54 AM
I've had a friend get it in his eyes.....can't imagine what it would be like if it was that bad.

Been there, done that. I've also had poison ivy at the corner of my mouth, and let me tell you, that sucks as bad.

Muzik, they'll probably give you prednizone/prescription benadryl for that. Also, one thing that seemed to help me a lot is swimming in a pool (it helped to dry out the blisters and stop the itch). Whatever you do, avoid popping the blisters, as that's one of the ways it spreads. And wash your hands frequently. If you have to get an OTC anti itch medicine, get a spray on kind (I've had good luck with Solar-caine and Benadryl spray).

Hope it gets better for you soon.

Thordic
09-21-2004, 08:08 AM
It doesn't spread from popped blisters, the stuff inside the blisters is all body fluids, mostly water.

By the time the blisters appeared, it won't spread any more. It's an allergic reaction to the oils on the leaves, and the oils are long gone by the time the blisters appear. At this point, you just hope no more of your skin came in contact with the oils.

I admit, that is one nasty case of poison ivy. I've gotten it really bad and in some really bad and awkward places, and it definitely does suck. Only twice did I get large blisters like that though, and it was in areas were your skin is a little more sensitive (I got blisters like that on the palm of my hand and the bottom of my foot).

Also, to all those who think they are immune, your body chemistry with regard to allergies can change roughly every seven years. You can be immune for most of your life, then suddenly become allergic to it. My mom used to be able to go pull it out of the ground without gloves. Then suddenly one day she had it all over her hands.

I used to get it horribly up until I got into HS, I havn't had it since. I don't know if I'm immune now or I've just been careful enough to avoid it, but I'm not taking any chances.

Muz, hopefully they give you cortisone or some other steroid pills which helps TONS. I used to get them when it got real bad, and I took Benedryl as well. There was also a great prescription cream called Elocon that I had great luck with.

Good luck, the only good thing is that it doesn't last that long. You'll be feeling much better within a week.

dre1919
09-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Good luck with getting that cleared up bro, I HATE poison ivy. I had that stuff once REAL bad in high school and it was enough for me. I began covering every square inch of my body when I went into the woods to play paintball afterward, just in case. It was hotter to wear all that, but well worth it. I'm of the opinion poison ivy is one of the worst substances on this planet. I think I used oatmeal and some acidic solution they sell in pharmacies for mine. Anyway, hope ya feel better.

~dre

Fixion
09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
http://user.line.hu/~fixion/pics/forumpics/ownedbunny.jpg

Muzikman
09-21-2004, 11:02 AM
ok, just got back from the dr. Got a roid shot and was given 10 day supply of Prednisone which i am told is another roid.

It was funny, I walked in an i am following the nurse down the hall to the little room. as we are walking she looks at my arm (whick was down) and said, "oh, that doesn't look bad", I lifted my arm and her eyes got really wide. She was like "what did you do?" :) After looking at it, she said it was the worse case of poison ivy she ever saw personally.

The Dr talked to me a few mins and said they were gonna give me a shot and some drugs and that it should get better in about a week, so we'll see.

Thordic is 100% right. Once the oil is in your skin and reacts, it can not spread. But what it can do is stay on clothes or other surfaces for years. So i wased and scrubbed everything I touched since coming out of the woods. Hope i got it all.

gibby
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM
DAAAAANG!!!! :eek: I bet that gets the chicks!!! :p I hope you start to feel better!

Thordic
09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Quality, I never got the shot :)

The pills work wonders though. They are your best friend when you get a bad case of poison ivy.

Gtask8
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
EW...gross...Can i touch it?!

I wont be eatin tonight :spit_take

Fixion
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Post a pic every day or two, I want to see what it looks like while healing. Maybe you can make a timelaps vid/gif :D. That would be cool.

splatattack33
09-21-2004, 02:01 PM
jeez man thats pretty bad a freind of mine was burning it and inhaled it and had to go to the hospital and the same person gets poison ivy liek every week

Sinistarr
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, if you are going to get it, do it right the first time. WOW.

My wife gets it if she is near it. She got a bad case of it when she was younger. Her mother and she were caught in the smoke of a bond fire that had a lot of poison ivy in it. Since then, they both can get poison ivy very easily.

Sucks man. Hope it doesn't leave a bad scar.

:cheers:

MonsterMag
09-21-2004, 04:51 PM
good lord... thats nasty , they gonna have to cut off your arm?

ahhh.. i cant stop throwin chunks :tard:

CasingBill
09-21-2004, 06:11 PM
dude...you need to shave your chest!!!!...oh yeah and go to the DR for that little rash

:D

Tedrzz
09-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Man I had poison ivy on my entire face in 5th grade. It sucked so much. Finally it started spreading into my lungs and that is when we threw in the towel and went to the doctor.

SlipknotX556
09-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Ewwwwwwwww!

dwab3000
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
..dude, i used to get it like that as a kid, now i am sure i am immune, i have consulted doctors, and i guess something changed with me or something (it changed around 19)

WickeDKlowN
09-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I was immune when I was little. Then one day I started geting small rshes and stuff from it.

But I havn't had it in year so mabey I'm immune again? Dunno, but I don't want to test it out...

bunkertime
09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
man, i'd be sucking the juices outta those blisters with a seringe (sp)

I've never had PI like that, But... i did once hit my elbow VERY hard on a football helmet and got this BIG paintful awful ywellow blister thing on my elbow. IT hurt SOOOO bad. Went to the doctor, and it took like 10 of those GIANT suringes to suck all the liquid out. i enevr want that to happen again...

But... good luck with ur PI

Muzikman
09-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Someone said I should post periodic photos. I will post 2 or 3 a day just before I take my meds. As you can tell from the latest photo, it has not gotten any worse, which I guess is a good sign, but it still hurts like nobodys business.

SlipknotX556
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Thats what happens to you from getting it on your arm, could you imagine what would happened if you wiped with it?

Muzikman
09-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Just imagine if I was a chronic mas...er....never mind;)

1ofkind
09-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Wow... thats serrious

SlipknotX556
09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Just imagine if I was a chronic mas...er....never mind;)

LOL!

HoppysMag
09-21-2004, 09:52 PM
I am an avid outdoorsman (camping, hiking, etc) and have been since I was a young kid. I have never had poison ivy before, and I know for a fact that I have been around it many times. Needless to say, I am avoiding it from now on.

you can be immune to poison ivy, but caught poison oak or sumac

iv had it swell my eyes and nose shut before. i get it once a year, like clockwork.

Muzikman
09-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Photo updates...as you can see, it's getting better!!!!!!

lord1234
09-25-2004, 08:45 AM
damn that belongs on one of those "nasty medical images" sites...

thats horrific muz...no 3star+ caches for ou.

fcpchop
09-25-2004, 11:21 AM
:eek: thats quite possibly the most dicusting case of posion ivy ive ever seen... thats just horrible... excuse me as i vomit

kauai_paintball
09-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I had the same thing several times... But I got it from mangos!!! (and occasionally from sprayingmango.com......) :tard:

Cougar
09-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey man, that sucks. I had the same thing about 4 months ago. My allergist said that it was one of the worst cases he'd ever seen. He gave me a 7 day supply of Pred. and it worked wonders. If you want some of the itching to go away, take a nice hot shower. It feels so good on the affected areas when you blast the hot water on it. It's a very relieving feeling. Also, take a bath in a herbal oatmeal mixture that you can buy at your local pharmacy. You can also, try baking soda; just sprinkle it onto the infected ares and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then wash it off. As Thor said, dont worry if the blisters break open, because thats just body fluid, it won't spead the ivy. After the ivy goes away, you'll have most likely have some scaring in the forms of small blotchy white spots on your body. don't worry, it's not noticeable at all. Hope every thing clears up soon. :cheers:

Rooster
09-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Put bleach on it. Find a stick to bite first, but the bleach will clear it up in record time.

Brak
09-25-2004, 03:15 PM
looks a whole lot like the poison ivy i got on my knee, after it was infected with impetego (sp?). better make good and sure that its not infected, cause you dont want that. ask your doctor bout that too

RingOfScale
09-25-2004, 07:03 PM
*shudder* thats awful, never knew it could get that bad

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2004, 07:45 PM
That look very very painfull, thats the worst case of Poison Ivy Ive seen.

frontrunner
09-25-2004, 08:43 PM
gotta love ivy i hits some once with a weedeater.. .. goodtimes

oh and on the warning note the stem is just as mean as the leaves, just the red stem can do the same amout of damage