PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to these things?

Chronobreak
09-22-2004, 08:06 PM
lol i recall hearing about these and the usual blah blah best blah blah super fast blah blah accurate blah blah...but then nothing more

did these ever even come out?

does anyone own one?

http://paintball.com/pics/articlepictures/Products/alienpb/alien/alien1.jpg

http://www.alienpb.com/media/gun-forsale.jpg

_tMAN
09-22-2004, 08:10 PM
... I'm at a loss of words...
that thing is fuglier than hell. If anyone has one maybe they can say if it meets the hype

NukeGoose
09-22-2004, 08:12 PM
That's the Alien. There's a gigantic thread over at PBN about it, it uses a trap door or something instead of a bolt. I haven't shot one so I can't say how it is for certain.

RRfireblade
09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Still in pre-order I believe.

Still has bugs in the 'E' version last I had heard.

Held up do to patent infringment issues I think,not 100% sure about that tho.

Flow_Tech
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
1/2 viking,1/4 cocker,and 1/4 Bushy.

Chronobreak
09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
weird.....yeah werent these suppose to be out over a year or so ago im thinking like 2-4 ATLEAST

il go check over at pbn,yeah i know its an alien

yeah when i called it fugly i got the old yeah well wait til it comes out and see how it performs...im still waiting :p

and yeah looks like a nasty crossbreed

thecavemankevin
09-22-2004, 08:22 PM
and yeah looks like a nasty crossbreed

i think you mean nasty inbreed

trevorjk
09-22-2004, 08:37 PM
funny how everyone is basing there ideas on this gun solely on how it looks... i expected better out of ao :(

mixwell2
09-22-2004, 08:40 PM
That's the Alien. There's a gigantic thread over at PBN about it, it uses a trap door or something instead of a bolt. I haven't shot one so I can't say how it is for certain.

Is it from the same peopole that made the Epic (Trapdoor)

Maybe the have changed their image since the epic sucked...trust me I shot it and it almost blew up in my hands

Chronobreak
09-22-2004, 08:42 PM
funny how everyone is basing there ideas on this gun solely on how it looks... i expected better out of ao :(
its obviously ugly.....lets get that out of the way

as for basis of my/others opinions, im open minded if it works good it works good

however since this was suppose to be out sooo long ago and it diddnt im coming to the conclusion it just plain :cuss:

a vid or soemthing would be nice btu since all we have are these two pics thats all we can base are opinions on. :cool:

50 cal
09-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Looks like a refugee from someones acid trip.

FragTek
09-22-2004, 08:54 PM
1/2 viking,1/4 cocker,and 1/4 Bushy.

Don't forget part Epic as well :)

black tri star
09-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Actually, if you go to the web site you can purchase one for about $945

Kevmaster
09-22-2004, 09:39 PM
its a boltless rainmaker....bash away ;)

its just as complicated too...whch means it will never work well from a production sense

nippinout
09-22-2004, 10:09 PM
I used to be all for bullpup style guns. Then I realized that it puts the loader in the way of your face.

Chronobreak
09-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Actually, if you go to the web site you can purchase one for about $945

still in pre oders and doesnt looke like theyl be out soon.

www.alienpb.com

and here is part of an e-mail that i recieved asking about the marker and its status

Best place to check is really the pbnation.com site under custom guns. Short answer is it was mainly production problems. No legal issues, just a few gremlins that had to be stomped plus getting the shop to do anything. Plus I've tried four other shops in the last year. As 'I've said many times - If it was easy everybody would do it.

LittlePaintballBoy
09-23-2004, 09:25 AM
They guy that makes and designs those plays at Extreme in Modesto. He is a really cool guy, and the Aliens shoot awesomely.

Chronobreak
09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
They guy that makes and designs those plays at Extreme in Modesto. He is a really cool guy, and the Aliens shoot awesomely.

yeah i think i saw in one of his post he needs somone with a camera to get a vid

do we have any local AO volunteers?

teufelhunden
09-23-2004, 09:38 AM

It's not going to be faster, more consistent, more accurate, or more efficient than anything out today.. so that leaves looks. And that damn thing is fugly.

DiSoRdeR
09-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Personally I like how it looks, and want one. Would love to read some reviews about it, but sadly it is out of my price range...

trxrustler3
09-23-2004, 04:50 PM
It's not going to be faster, more consistent, more accurate, or more efficient than anything out today.. so that leaves looks. And that damn thing is fugly.

And you know this... how? There's always room for improvement home slice.

Lohman446
09-23-2004, 05:22 PM

But it does have the possibility to be smaller (look at the bullpup design, no need for bolt movement).

Perhaps more efficient - or less, no idea on the trap door system.

Perhaps less prone to chops (no moving bolt) though if I recall the Epic could chop with the best of them

It stands the chance of being lighter.

Less kick? Again, never shot one, perhaps iwth the trap door

LittlePaintballBoy
09-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I'll take my camera next time we go out to Extreme, hopefully he'll be there.

teufelhunden
09-23-2004, 05:41 PM
And you know this... how? There's always room for improvement home slice.

Well, when your still using a double trigger, speed won't increase. It's nothing revolutionary..

When other/reg markers can have a perfect chrono, you can't beat that.

When you match that perfect chrono to whatever barrel is currently king, your accuracy will not be greater.

More efficient.. this is the weakest point I made, so I have no support.

Lohman- it still has the bottom tube that seems to be about the same length as that of other markers. Also, remember, the *** half of a hopper is going to be sticking off. Most high end guns simply don't chop. Eyes and fast hoppers own. Ditto with kick. Pick up a well setup Timmy or Trix and if you didn't pull the trigger, you wouldn't know you shot.

trxrustler3
09-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Lighter microswitch, more adjustability. Speed can increase definately. People said we could never shoot over 8 bps 6 years ago and look where we are now.

If you can name ONE marker setup that reaches PERFECT chrono from the factory I'll send you my Mag. Please just name one gun, and show proof, that from the factory you can hit 280, 280, 280, 280, 280.

Less recoil and more consistent velocity give the perception of a more accurate gun; like I said this gun could be completely revolutionary and shoot dead on with zero recoil. Have you shot one? I definately think things can improve.

I'm sure we can tighten up on the air usage and get better air effeciency. We'll just have to see. Don't knock it until you try it homefry. I definately won't, i'm looking forward to it if it ever comes out!

Also on the size, look where the barrel is. That thing could have an 8" barrel and it'd never be longer than the bottom tube of the gun. This makes the gun at least 6" smaller than a similar gun with the same barrel.

1ofkind
09-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Wow how old are these thing? I remember seeing them a while back.

teufelhunden
09-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Lighter microswitch, more adjustability. Speed can increase definately. People said we could never shoot over 8 bps 6 years ago and look where we are now.

If you can name ONE marker setup that reaches PERFECT chrono from the factory I'll send you my Mag. Please just name one gun, and show proof, that from the factory you can hit 280, 280, 280, 280, 280.

Less recoil and more consistent velocity give the perception of a more accurate gun; like I said this gun could be completely revolutionary and shoot dead on with zero recoil. Have you shot one? I definately think things can improve.

I'm sure we can tighten up on the air usage and get better air effeciency. We'll just have to see. Don't knock it until you try it homefry. I definately won't, i'm looking forward to it if it ever comes out!

Also on the size, look where the barrel is. That thing could have an 8" barrel and it'd never be longer than the bottom tube of the gun. This makes the gun at least 6" smaller than a similar gun with the same barrel.

You can drop light switches and adjust the hell out of any gun. Look at Timmy triggers. I'm aware of the 8 bps "limit" except you need to realize that was on heavy single triggers. Now we're on blow-on-them-to-shoot doubles. Unless trigger rules change [like allowing middle pivot and 2 switches] or someone builds a triple trigger or something speed isn't going to increase except by the shooter himself getting faster.

From the factory? Nothing. Guns need to be broken in. This year I saw a 2k3 vike shoot 285/285/285/285/285.

I've not shot this gun, shot its kid brother though. It wasn't anything revolutionary.

The barrel being that far back is a negative as far as I'm concerned. You're gonna need a 22" eBay special sniper barrel to even consider playing a supair bunker.

felony
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
The barrel being that far back is a negative as far as I'm concerned. You're gonna need a 22" eBay special sniper barrel to even consider playing a supair bunker.

and thus effectivly destroying efficiency with a sledghammer.

Lohman446
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
and thus effectivly destroying efficiency with a sledghammer.

A longer barrel is more efficent (less consistent, but more efficient) if I recall correclty

Chronobreak
09-23-2004, 08:14 PM
A longer barrel is more efficent (less consistent, but more efficient) if I recall correclty

effiecnt length may vary from gun to gun i think the most effiecnt barrel for mags was around 9" as far as cocnsitency i dont think the barrel effects much.

i could aslo be wrong