PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried to fill a co2 tank with...

billybob_81067
02-14-2001, 01:00 AM
PROPANE!!!!

My dad brought this idea up with me and that would be completly screwed up!... I wonder if its been done?

------------------
Automags rule!
Cockers are decent.
Fords kick A$$
and Chevy just plain sucks.

Thats just the way it is folks.

Beaver
02-14-2001, 01:39 AM
If you want to blow yourself up then sure. Kids don't try this at home. Propane is a highly volatile gas that will explode if you heat it up too much. If it could be used in paintball guns then I'm sure they wouldn't be using Co2.

XianZomB
02-14-2001, 09:20 AM
Any gas can be used to launch a paintball. I would prefer to NOT use a gas that would explode if I had a spark. So - dont do it - thats not only moronic - but stupid and dangerous.

------------------
XianZomB
------------
"Klattu, barrada nikto!" The Day the Earth Stood Still

PyRo
02-14-2001, 02:25 PM
What happens when your bolt goes foward?? Metal hits metal this can cause a spark spark+flammable gas= No more you

thei3ug
02-14-2001, 02:32 PM
It's pretty dependant on what metals you're using pyro...

but you can get some static going, enough to warrant an electric discharge. So no, I wouldn't suggest using propane.

Also, see how on the side of the bottle it says "CO2?" well, there's a little thing about the DOT. they only like you to fill tanks with whatever they're labeled for. A safety measure, so to speak.

Just a thought.

Flamebo
02-14-2001, 03:40 PM
I'm curious what would happen if you filled a CO2 tank with HPA. I'm sure it wouldn't cause any problems, but can they only be filled to like 800 PSI or something safely?

PyRo
02-14-2001, 04:01 PM
Fill a Co2 tank with Co2, fill an air tank with air, and fill a propane tank with propane(don't use this one on a painball gun).

billybob_81067
02-14-2001, 06:26 PM
How about oxyacetalyine?

That would make a big, cool, loud, exploaion!
Your balls would be flaming out of the barrel!
LOL

------------------
Automags rule!
Cockers are decent.
Fords kick A$$
and Chevy just plain sucks.

Thats just the way it is folks.

Lentz
02-14-2001, 08:14 PM
DO NOT FILL YOUR TANKS WITH PROPANE that is plain stupid. also the rating on the tanks is an issue co2 is for 1800 but can easily hold more but that is why we all use burst disc so we dont die when our tanks warm up. ALSO using stuff like propane a gas that isnt very stable is not good a paintball gun to begain with but also the whole explosion factor. USE the right bottle for the right JOB dont be a retard and hurt your selfs. Yes it can be done but you will mostlikey mess up your bottle some how.

------------------
retro minimag
Team MAXD OUT
NOR CAL
aol im: lentz172
www.humboldt1.com/~llentz

MeTh
02-14-2001, 10:32 PM
what does work tho is takeing a 4 inch or less propane tank and have a fast outgo system and putting it on a barrel that is old. hook a lighter, or a starter to the trigger, or better yet take out ur old trigger all together and replace in in unision with the lighters. the end result if it works is a really cool firing system great for show but not recomended for playing. if it works with paintballs u get fairly normal results unless the drip in on HUGE then u will get more melted painthits that dont tag out the opposition. i have my old spyder rigged, im considering showing it at the big game ny but it is so useless it just looks cool(i dont use paint in it i just scare my friends with it) but also be carefull how u place everything, took me about 5 tries for it to work and im still trying to get it timed so the sound off paintball gun is with the flame streak(old hot rods come to mind)

------------------
If you cannot learn to live,
Learn to kill

Ninja B0Y
02-14-2001, 11:15 PM
Haha can you ponder the idea of flamin paintballs flying at you? Just imagine if you were playing a night game and everytime you fired a shot you'd see a burst of fire coming out from your muzzle and ports...haha.

toymyster
02-15-2001, 11:09 AM
CO2 tank filled with propane..!! Why is it I smell a Darwin award comming up????? If you are going to do it, make sure nobody else is around!!!! I hate the idea of innocent bystanders getting killed!!!!

------------------
I want one of those, two of those over there, one of those, and oh, oh, and definitely, three of THESE.
Toymyster

PyRo
02-15-2001, 05:21 PM
You will not get flaming paintballs all you will do is blow up your gun hitting yourself or anything around you with sharpnal that will peirce the tank causeing that to explode they anything withing 100 feet of you will be taken out. INlcluding you, it would be such a waste of a good paintball gun and Co2 tank, and its not a waste of anyone stupid enought to do it because they deserve to die for that.

~WarpedRT~
10-11-2001, 07:50 PM
I have noticed that rec ball players think very differently than tournament players. I have alot of friends that are rec players, and they always talk about making a mini gun for paintball, or digging trenches around the flag, or putting barbed wire around the flag, pungi pits, or other stuff like that. Also paintball in the dead of night with no lights, or night vision, and other stuff. Everyone I know who plays tournaments has grown out of that. The one kid I know, all he can talk about it making a mini gun, and using propane as an air source, not to mention laughing gas, which they would probably forget about paintballs, and just shoot it into their lungs. I play tournamnets and I dont think about that stuff. i like small speedball fields, and close quarters combat. I can't stand being on a big field, with the exception of with my pump. Then I lke long balling people from so far away that they never saw it coming.

gmag
10-11-2001, 08:07 PM
Yeah imagine some jerk filling up their tank with propane and blowing a bunch of people up. That would be the end of paintball....

FeelTheRT
10-11-2001, 08:46 PM
dang son, I've been selling propane, and propane accesories for years and i garentee it's 100% safe on anything. -Hank Hill

:)

Thordic
10-12-2001, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT~
I have noticed that rec ball players think very differently than tournament players. I have alot of friends that are rec players, and they always talk about making a mini gun for paintball, or digging trenches around the flag, or putting barbed wire around the flag, pungi pits, or other stuff like that. Also paintball in the dead of night with no lights, or night vision, and other stuff. Everyone I know who plays tournaments has grown out of that. The one kid I know, all he can talk about it making a mini gun, and using propane as an air source, not to mention laughing gas, which they would probably forget about paintballs, and just shoot it into their lungs. I play tournamnets and I dont think about that stuff. i like small speedball fields, and close quarters combat. I can't stand being on a big field, with the exception of with my pump. Then I lke long balling people from so far away that they never saw it coming.

This is total tournie player arrogant BS. Most rec players I've seen are 10 times as mature (mentally, not just old :) ) as tournie players I've dealt with. Rec players may joke about trenches or mini-guns, but at least we don't whine like little babies when we get hit :)

LCDmag1
10-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Agreed Thordic, I play tournies and Rec ball and i love them both. That doesn't make me immature. I am sure ~WarpedRT~, most of the rec players are joking, so learn to take a joke.

z_mann_z
10-12-2001, 06:39 PM
A friend has a ti boomy and when you shoot non glossy marbs it makes sparks....:)

z_mann_z
10-12-2001, 06:45 PM
A friend has a ti boomy and when you shoot non glossy marbs it makes sparks....:)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-12-2001, 07:47 PM
_/ ( ) \_
You might want ot listen to PyRo...hence the name PyRo...ok well gtg....omg tornado warning.....peace out y'all....I'm in "Tornadoe Ally" and we have a big storm..I hope my dad gets home safely...bye

PAINTBALLA01
10-13-2001, 12:03 PM
propane+paintballs= flaming paintballs

PyRo
10-13-2001, 04:56 PM
Hmm, no.
Propane + Paintballs = PAINTBALLA01 in many peices