PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes for the surface used by NPPL.

lopxtc
09-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Those of you who played at Denver ... I hear the surface used there is the same surface that will be used at San Diego.

What shoes do you all recommend for this surface. Ive heard that regular cleats might not be the best and some have recommend indoor soccer or indoor football shoes ...

Just wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks,

Aaron

tony3
09-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I'd go with indoor football shoes, or just normal running shoes should work.

68magOwner
09-23-2004, 05:01 PM
indoor soccer or skate shoes

Sac
09-23-2004, 06:05 PM
i dunno what NPPL uses but if its anything like atomix turf that they use at indoor places my dye cleats worked perfect on those surfaces.

VC8228
09-23-2004, 06:10 PM
For indoor soccer they have stuff like the Atomix Turf and I'm assuming thats what NPPL uses. Anyways, go to a soccer store and pick up some turf shoes, they're between flats and cleats and have a bunch of little nubbin things on them, thats what I would get.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
09-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Indoor soccer cleats are nice however, you may slip, I would get something with very small spikes.

1ofkind
09-23-2004, 07:00 PM
How about dye cleats? Plus there just as confy as shoes and at the end of a long day your feet won't be sore ;)

Lethargic
09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I played on the turf at Huntington, and my soccer cleats were almost perfect for that. Just look for the soccer cleats (outdoor style) that are designed for astroturf. They are rare, but they do exist, and they have ridges instead of actual cleats in the toe area. They sound wierd, but they worked really, really well. Easily better than the skate shoes (too much oil in the turf by about mid-day one) or the cleats (don't dig in/give no traction for quick starts)

Thats my suggestion

Wc Keep
09-24-2004, 01:33 PM
I played on the turf at Huntington, and my soccer cleats were almost perfect for that. Just look for the soccer cleats (outdoor style) that are designed for astroturf. They are rare, but they do exist, and they have ridges instead of actual cleats in the toe area. They sound wierd, but they worked really, really well. Easily better than the skate shoes (too much oil in the turf by about mid-day one) or the cleats (don't dig in/give no traction for quick starts)

Thats my suggestion

are you taking about turf shoes?? they arent that rare. go to www.soccer.com

look at like the adidas kaiser 5 turfs. calf skin leather for lightweight and good traction.